WnSoft Forums

Upload does not work

Bert

Hi,

I try a few times now to download a show to the slideshow club,  but after a minute it says "upload failed-200"

I have made zip files from my EXE and MAC files but they can not be downloaded for some reason.

Is there something more I have to do??? 

In Slideshowclub, I click on Submit a File,  Slideshows,   Paste here,  and the files appear in the window.  But then the downloading stops after 2%.

Any advice please.

Bert

This sounds like a problem that dogged me for months over last Christmas when I could not post a picture to my own forum (the same Invision Power as this) getting that -200 error. Other people could post a picture and I had a couple of very frustrating months with the Forum software creators blaming my web space providers and the web space providers blaming Invision Power. There are all sorts of permissions at web level to control what files can be accessed by the public and which can't. Lists of them in fact

Other issues I had with emails led me to form my own opinions, because all the technical people gave up and said there was nothing they could do. I have no proof of this, but I think my issue came about, because I was posting a picture in Australia to a web site located elsewhere in the world and it was obviously my location that was the issue. While that should not have been a problem it was. 

In the end, I was forced to move my forum to an Australian server away from the other one in the USA and it immediately started working perfectly and has done so ever since. 

So, I hope I am wrong and you don't have the same issues as me, because I couldn't get any technical people to help, mainly because they could not reproduce the fault. If you have a friend close by. Try taking what you need there and uploading from another location, you may find it works.That will not be a solution, but it may indicate that your problem is the same or similar to mine

During my detective work, I bought a new modem, because the technical guys suggested it, but it didn't change the -200 fault. It did improve my wireless through the house so at least my $200 got me something. I suspected it was my ISP at fault, but friends and family also in Australia, were able to post a picture on my forum using the same ISP

I think it has something to do with that handshake that two computers have to make before transferring files. If its not made quick enough it fails.

Best of luck

Barry,

Thanks for letting me know what the problem probably is.  Unfortunately I have nobody close by with an other upload location, so it will take a while before I can try that.  I have uploaded a show successfully more than a year ago, and I have still my same server.  Invision Power must have changed something I presume. 

Bert

I don't think it's Invision power at all now. I did at one time, but how can that be when I change web space and use the same files for the forum and it works perfectly. I also had the same issue as you in that previously I had been able to post images, then suddenly I wasn't. 

That was nowhere near any Invision power upgrades or any other that I could pin down. I go a trusted person to sign onto my forum from another location using my username and password and they were able to post. It just seemed to be me who couldn't post.

in my case I never really cured the disease, just sidestepped it by changing web space suppliers

Bert,

If you can upload the file to DropBox etc and send a link in a PM to one of us with your PTE Forum User Name and Password we could try what Barry suggests and will let you know the result.

Afterwards you could reset your password.

DG

Great idea Dave,

I have send you a PM with the DropBox links and my user name and password.

Let me know if you could upload the files (PC and MAC).

I send also a picture and description of the show because I did not know if I could put that in later myself.

Hope this works.

Thanks,

Bert

I tried to upload on Bert's behalf and, almost immediately, got the "-200" error message.

Bert,

Your files are 130Mb each, which is quite big. I have not played them so I don't know if there is any Video in there or what other reason there would be for such a large EXE.

I would have thought that SSC would be able to say straight away if the file was too big but it did attempt the upload. I have never had this problem but also I have never before tried to upload a 130Mb file.

I have asked Igor to comment - perhaps he can throw a little light on it.

Another possibility is that there is something in the files which SSC sees as a "threat".

Try uploading a new small demo file to see if you can.

DG

P.S. Assuming the file size has "something" to do with it I have now played the PC version and cannot see any reason for the high file size.

No Video.

Are you using Full Resolution images SOC?

Are you using WAV files?

You can make a 100 slide EXE for around 55Mb easily so why the 130Mb? :)

DG

Thanks Igor,

For now I will see if I can make the images in show less mega bites, so it will not take that long to download from slideshowclub.

Thanks for all your help.

Bert

Hi Lin,

The issue is solved,

I made the jpegs in the show smaller and got the show down to around 70mgb. 

I have just downloaded it to the "slideshowclub" and it downloaded fine this time.

Regards,

Bert

Yes, it seems that the software will not accept the size files which it is supposed to accept. My last show was a 260 meg zipped exe file but SlideshowClub would not accept it even though the limit has been raised to 280 meg... 

Best regards,

Lin