WnSoft Forums

PTE freezes-adding audio from video [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

When I add a particular video clip to the Slides/Timeline, it plays just fine. However, when I try to add the audio of this video clip to the Slides/Timeline, PTE freezes.

I have this video clip in two different formats. Both play without problems. But the freezing problem only occurs with video #2, not video #1 (see attached) when I try to add its audio. From reading some past posts, it seems that  AAC audio is not playable in PTE. Not sure but can this be the problem? The audio for video #1 is MPEG, the audio for video #2 is AAC. When I trim/convert this video clip in an outside program, I don't have control over what the audio format turns out  to be. One comes as MPEG, the other as AAC.

Just strange that the video #2, with the AAC audio, plays with no problem, but the freezing problem only occurs after I have tried to add this video's audio to the Slides/Timeline.

Can the AAC format be the problem with video #2?

Gary

Video Compare-1.jpg

Greetings Tonton and Lin,

I don't like to use the PTE Converter because I have no control over the bit rate and it, therefore, creates a larger video file. I don't have this problem when I do use the Convert process, but when you have a lot of video clips in a project, it really makes a difference in its ultimate size.

Ok. You confirm that ACC is not supported by PTE. It is interesting that the clip will play if the ACC audio format is embedded in the video clip but not if it is separated out from the clip, as being 'added' to the Slides/Timeline.

I'll stick with the conversion process that gives me the AVI format with the audio MPEG format. Seems to work OK.

Thanks for the responses...

Gary

Hi Gary,

PTE understand AAC, but I only try, without problem MP4 video (with h.264 codec) and AAC ot AC3 sound codec.

Of course, it is necessary to put the video (for the sound) by project option, Audio and add audio file.

As Lin wrote PTE doesn't recognize AAC audio clip like .m4a

Denis

18 minutes ago, denisb said:

Hi Gary,

PTE understand AAC, but I only try, without problem MP4 video (with h.264 codec) and AAC ot AC3 sound codec.

Of course, it is necessary to put the video (for the sound) by project option, Audio and add audio file.

As Lin wrote PTE doesn't recognize AAC audio clip like .m4a

Denis

Greetings Denis,

If I understand your post, you say you use h.264 with no problems. However, recently I was having problems with a video that was formatted as h.264 and Igor indicated that the h.264 format was causing the problem. Take a look at the following discussion. Not sure if it pertains to you, but it does talk about h.264.

It appears that AC-3 and MPEG audio formats work OK with PTE.

Gary

Hi Gary,

PTE manage mp4 video  if you have a powerful PC or in my case, when you don't want an exe but only an mp4 for the slideshow.

In this case, I know that the preview is not fluid, but the slideshow (mp4 video) is very good. (why converting twice a video if converting only once is enough)

Denis

1 hour ago, goddi said:

I don't like to use the PTE Converter because I have no control over the bit rate and it, therefore, creates a larger video file. I don't have this problem when I do use the Convert process, but when you have a lot of video clips in a project, it really makes a difference in its ultimate size.

It is a question of target.

If you plan to show your project by yourself, from your own computer, the size doesn't matter, and passing through PTE Converter you obtain the best fluidity and the best image quality for your exe file.

If you plan to share your project with other people, the best thing to do is to convert it in a mp4 video file, and in this case you must insert in your project mp4 video clips in order to obtain the best fluidity and image quality for the final mp4 file.

I follow the workflow suggested one year ago by Denis:
1) Prepare my video clip under a video editor and save the clip in mp4 format
2) Use PTE Video Converter to obtain an AVI copy
Now you have two identical video-clips, one named MyClip.mp4 and the other named MyClip.AVI
3) Prepare your project using the AVI files
4) Generate the exe.file
5) Change the extensions of all the video-clip files from AVI to MP4
6) Generate a video from your project in MP4 format

1 hour ago, Tonton Bruno said:

It is a question of target.

If you plan to show your project by yourself, from your own computer, the size doesn't matter, and passing through PTE Converter you obtain the best fluidity and the best image quality for your exe file.

If you plan to share your project with other people, the best thing to do is to convert it in a mp4 video file, and in this case you must insert in your project mp4 video clips in order to obtain the best fluidity and image quality for the final mp4 file.

Greetings Tonton,

Yes, that is exactly my problem. I prepare my shows with the intention of uploading them to the Slideshowclub site. The limiting factor is that the max size of a show used to be 280 Mbs. Now it is down to about 124 Mbs. I have asked Igor to fix that limitation some time ago but nothing yet. Even the 280 Mbs limitation is too small when you have many video clips reduced to bit rates of even 5 Mbps. The Converter can put the bit rate at 3 times that. When I prepare my videos with an outside video program at the lower bit rate, there is still good quality and fluidity.

If Igor would allow us to choose a bit rate for videos when using the Converter, that would help reduce the size of the shows. Many of the shows I am currently are working on are over the 124 Mbs limitation and one is about 468 Mbs.

Yes, your workflow makes sense but I still need to work hard to reduce the size of my shows since I have many video clips inserted. The way the Converter currently works does not help, so I have to use an external program to process my video clips that allows the choice of bit rates.

Gary

20 hours ago, denisb said:

Hi Gary,

when you use Video Converter, you can change the quality setting. A quality of 0 and the bit rate is not far from 5000kbps

Denis

Greetings Denis and all,

I don't know why I never related the 'Quality' with changing the 'bit rate' in the Converter. Thanks so much for turning on the light bulb.

I did a little test. I Converted an original MOV (11.1 Mbps and 30.2 Mbs.) to the various 'qualities', 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 50. Here are my results below as an attachment.

I put together a slideshow that shows the difference of each quality setting. It is interesting to compare each quality to the '50'. With my eyes, I would not use qualities 0, 5 and 10. I can see the 'noise' in the shadows and the text of the sign is not to good. However, 15 and 20 start to compare favorably to '50', with reduced file sizes. The shadows are better and the text in the sign shows less pixelation. At the end of the individual samples of qualities in the attached video, I put them all in one frame so you can also compare each quality.

Thanks again for shedding some light on something I really needed to understand. Let me know how you see the differences, if you can.

Gary

PS. Forgot to put in the full navigation bar but you can still jump from quality to quality using the keypad.

Video_Quality.zip

Results.jpg