WnSoft Forums

PTE 9.0.15 Exe freezes after one slide [SOLVED]

kenscott7

I urgently need some help, if anyone has experience of this problem, please.

I have been experiencing some executables freezing after one slide in 9.0.13 and the problem persists in 9.0.15. The production runs fine in all preview modes within the PTE file and is only a problem when running the .exe. I am running a fast machine with WIndows 10.

I have tried to remove the first slide and then recompile. I have also optimised all slides to presentation size at 1080p/ But it shows the same issue on each new run.

Best regards

... Ken

Thanks Davegee. It has audio, yes, and some complexities in the transitions, but they're not huge. I have rebuilt the file as a new piece, and it compiles fine. So I'll wait until my presentation deadline is passed and will then maybe post up as you suggest. Cheers

I think I have cracked it. There seems to be a default behaviour that has changed in V9, which is:

I create many shows that are controlled manually for talks (as opposed to pure AV), so I have always set the Project Options to default to Wait for Key Press ... and overridden individual slides that I want to change automatically after the set time. They are always the first blank slide and the last blank slide, so that I have smooth transitions from one show to the next in the chain.

In V9, even though the first blank slide was set to change automatically, I found that I had to advance it with a key press. By unchecking the default Wait for Key Press and setting all the manual slides in Slide Options, the show compiles normally as an exe.

Igor; can you confirm if this is a bug? Or is it how it always was intended to work. All my shows in V7 and V8 worked, but V9 has changed.

Many thanks for your help.

Igor, yes my issue was in new V9 projects, specifically 9.0.15, which I was setting up in the same way as I always had in V8 and earlier.

The freeze, as I described it, was the first slide not advancing automatically at the end of its duration as specified in Slide Options, when the Wait for Key Press is checked on in Project Options.

• Igor changed the title to PTE 9.0.15 Exe freezes after one slide [SOLVED]