WnSoft Forums

Star wars title effect

Paul L

I might take the plunge soon but today I am still evaluating using the trial.

Tought let me try a Star wars title effect on a text object.

I used several keyframed animation parameters. Enclosed is the result of my experiment.

Looks quite good but I am not completely happy with it. For example, it looks like the scroll speed is running up to the end. 

Question 1: Can I save the combination of used parameters with their set values as a preset style for future use? I did not start the building from the Slides and Styles Tools button but rather while I was working with a blank slide on the TL.

Question 2: Has the Star Wars effect been discussed here on the forum?  Is a similar and most likely better one than my trial available anywhere? 

Hi Paul,

You can save any animation as a style if you are using PTE AV Studio 10 Pro. The standard version allows the use of styles, but doesn't allow creating styles by the user.

In a galaxy far far away and many years ago we played with this with pictures to exe version 5. There hasn't been much or any discussion about it in years but here's a style I created which you can play with. You may want to slow it a tiny bit before applying. Download style below video...

Best regards,

Lin

Starwars Crawl.ptestyle

I remember the star wars text and the seamless 360 pans from a long time ago. It was fun.

You can also use Z pan instead of zoom on the text.

Tom

Thanks Lin for the information and for the excellent Starwars style.

Even using the trial allows saving a style I learned.

Thanks Tom for the suggestion. I played a bit with the Z pan and that's much easier to get the wanted result.

:rolleyes: 

• 1 year later...

I found it under User styles. Lin has not been online since May 22. He was having some medical issues. I hope he is okay but I was reluctant to ask for an update.

Tom