Suggestions for the next version

Igor

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want To be able to flip all images at same time.(so if shown on a normal front screen all of the images would be backwards)

like a rotate image button

option would be under screen mode

Sometimes I use a rear projection screen for a show.

Some projectors have this funtion built in to the projector...however mine does not

Thanks for all your continued efforts to making ptx even better

dj

Tom

All you have to do is to repeat the previous slide (or any slide for that matter) but uncheck Show Image below the Slide List window. That creates the blank for which you are asking. It doesn't need a special facility. Try it and see. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

When using the TIMELINE to fine tune the synching of the show, additional sounds added via a slide's SOUND line are not heard.

But as soon as I used the PREVIEW, all the sound bites played.

Any chance of having all the sounds play when using the TIMELINE ???

Igor:

When running a show that is CONTROLLED (either manual or synched) there are times I really don't want the Navigation Bar showing. I realize there is an auto-hide option, but that creates a distraction when you mouse over and it pops up. Plus the mouse coursor is always on the screen.

We already have a way to CONTROL under PROJECT OPTIONS>ADVANCED by using the mouse buttons. So we can advance, reverse etc with the mouse buttons, we can exit by hitting ESC....

how about letting us PAUSE by using the space bar ?

That gives us most of the CONTROL we need, without the mouse cursor and the navigation bar appearing.

Of course maybe this is already possible and I missed it :(

Thanks

For Igor,

Frequently many of us use a single slide with objects (buttons, etc.) as a menu to call other programs. The question was asked about having background music play while this "menu" is present and having the music return when the other executables which have been called by clicking on the objects close and the menu re-appears.

We've been able to figure out "work arounds" such as calling a duplicate slide with play background music set on but with an empty playlist and having this duplicate "run" the executable, but when control is returned to the "menu" slide it's left with a condition of "music off".

Would it be feasible to include a choice in the next version to allow music to stop when an executable is called from an object click and resume when control is returned to the calling program (menu)? This would be a feature several of us would welcome.

Thanks,

Lin

Thank you for listening to ideas for improvement...great program!!!!!!

I would like to see more control on soundtrack....Garage band for the mac good example mostly more tracks for narration,music ect...allows for smoother transitions espicially when more then one piece of music is used along with a voice over.

To be able to if needed flip slides to be used for rear projection...some projectors have this ability....some don't.....so in other words if viewed on normal front screen the slides would apear backwards.

Thanks again for such a great effort!!!!

David :rolleyes:

I grateful for all ideas you've suggested!

dajon0510

You can flip/rotate whole desktop using drivers control panel on any NVIDIA or ATI video card. If it necessary for rear projection.

Lin Evans

You can do it by another way right in v4.31 or v4.40.

1) In a main slide-show use "Run application and exit" action.

2) In second slide-show. Project options | Advanced tab | Set checked "Run application after last slide" and write file name of the main slide-show.

If you need to open main menu not on first slide, write necessary slide. For example: "C:\MainMenu.exe" 7 (where 7 is number of necessary slide which will be shown when slide-show starts)

3) Save project and close PicturesToExe.

4) Open .pte project file of the second slide-show. Find

opt_runapponexitiflastslide parameter and write 0. I.e:

opt_runapponexitiflastslide=0

Now it will work exactly as want.

JRR

You can have turned off navigation bar and mouse cursor and fully control the show. To pause/resume slide-show press "Pause/Break" key on a keyboard (look at top-right corner of the keyboard). Ok, I'll add "Space" button, too for the pause feature (optionally) in the next version.

Concerning sounds on the timeline. It's a logical, I agree. I hope in the next version, because we'll need to rewrite some code for it.

boxig

Can you add on customized slide:

1. "Run external application and close show"

2. "Go automatically to slide number..."

Yes, it is already possible in v4.40, please read above.

For example: "C:\My Folder\MySlideShow.exe" 7

bogaertb

Animations of text labels and another objects will be possible in the next version. Right now we're working new engine for slide-shows

jonathanshulman

1-2) Already added new trial functions - "Number of runs" and "Number of days"

Bethan

Thanks, I'll try to add in the next version "Play" button in Music tab.

Barry,

Ok, nice idea! I'll try to add several variants with customizable colors in the future version.

photoCD

Is there any chance of adding an option that tells you how long a show will last (based on display timings and transitions) in a similar way to the button that tells you how long the music is.

I agree, it's necessary. I hope to add it in the next minor version (v4.45)

Jonathan

I can't promiss now about including of video files into slide-show. Technically it's a very difficult, because there are a lot of possible AVI and MPEG formats.

I often read this thread, please excuse me if you didn't receive the response yet. However your suggestion are always read!

Lin Evans

You can do it by another way right in v4.31 or v4.40.

1) In a main slide-show use "Run application and exit" action.

2) In second slide-show. Project options | Advanced tab | Set checked "Run application after last slide" and write file name of the main slide-show.

Hi Igor,

Thanks! That works great as long as the object being called (executable) is a P2E slideshow, but if the executable is from another program or a video show, etc., there is no way to access their internal code to open the menu again.

Thanks,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

I have a simple wish, but it is the same as have asked

Scaling of objects so they don't lose position in different monitor resolutions.

I like to use PTE as a menu for tutorial CD's and DVD's and the only painful part of that process is the changing positions between different resolution monitors.

Hope that is something possible in a future version

Barry Beckham

Igor:

As you know from previous posts over the last 1-2 years, many of us have asked for scaling of OBJECTS.

I know PAN and ZOOM is a highly requested addition and I am looking forward to it (despite my fears of the over-use it will be subjected to ;) ) but I would think OBJECT scaling must be the second most requested upgrade.

(Or at least it seems that way to me, but I might be biased ;);) )

But take a good break before tackling thse changes please, you deserve it.

Barry,

JRR,

Because we've decided to rework our internal graphical engine, proportional scaling of objects will be realized very easily (as an option, as usually). So it will appear in the next major version 4.50 (with Pan/Zoom).

Lin,

please explain me this moment in more details.

Igor:

A thought about another PROPERTY for OBJECTS.

I use PTE to "lecture" with, it would be nice if on various pages I could click on an OBJECT and OPEN A FILE.

I would be describing how to do something in a software or whatever and then click on OPEN A FILE, do a live demonstration and then close the file and return to the original PTE presentation/lecture.

I suspect that might create problems that were discussed several week ago regarding putting a damaging instruction in a PTE show. If that is the case, then I guess I will have to forgo this thought, but if not, it sure would be handy.

Thx

Igor

Thank you once again for another brilliant upgrade. :D

I would like to be able to use the template option and save the template to a location of my choosing. :)

At present I always save the new PTE versions to their own folder. Then any templates by default are always saved into this folder.

I then have to go to that folder and I copy the template to my existing project folder. It is a very minor irritation and I am delighted with all the new features.

Apart from a very, very rare occasion (maybe) I don't think I'd be rushing to use pan and zoom. But I appreciate that others do enjoy using the many transition effects. Just hope I don't start to get seasick and develop lots of migraines when it suddenly arrives! :blink:

Thank you a million times for all your hard work.

Maureen

Jim .........

I thought I could already do what you suggest ?

Unless I've mis-read your request ?

Will have to double check one of my "talk through lectures" again.

Maureen:

Hope I can do it

I may have missed it some place..

Problem resolved with Maureen's help: I can't read !!!!

"Run application OR OPEN FILE......"

Would it be possible to add a deferred start to the music track? I really like the timeline/waveform but this is not available if I start my music track on slide 2 or 3 for example, only if the music track is part of the whole project options. It would be nice to put up a couple of title slides without music only starting the music after X seconds into the timeline.

Regs, Nigels.

Nigels

I use Adobe Audition having upgraded from CoolEdit eighteen months ago. However many Forum members have recommended in earlier threads Audacity, which is a shareware program. If you initiate a search for Music Editing you may find out more. Good luck

Ron [uK]

I completely agree with Guru.

I use Adobe Audition because I am used to it, But for all the things that I do for PTE shows, there is nothing that Audacity can't do. (Or at least nothing that I have had to do yet ;) )

By the way, we'll show first beta of our new product (not WinNavigator) in nearest future (soon). It's not my project, we only discussed all moments of it together and tested this product. It's almost ready and Sergey Malyshev (who mainly created music player, waveforms and video output for PicturesToExe) main author of this new product. He worked more than 1 year and 3 months on it. I hope it will become useful for somebody.