WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for the next version

Igor

Igor

If I run utility while show is running then taskbar appears. So I let utility hide it and show on exit - and it shows while show still on. If I only hide it, when show ends the taskbar remains hidden. I though if pte can check on exit and show taskbar if is hidden.

Thanks

Granot

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Igor:

If I read you right, the much requested "keep the OBJECTS in place when Resolution changes" is coming in 4.50

For that I will owe you a large bottle of Champagne !!!!

:):):):):):)

When it comes to transition points mentioned in a current thread, I would like to see a separate facility "Custom Synchronisation from current settings". I build up some of my sequences from a basic template as I go along. For instance in one that I am working on at this moment I start with a slow pan using two prepared images and the push effects facility. For this, one of the images, including the effect, is on the screen for 15 seconds. When I have completed the sequence and would like to do some final adjustments in keeping with the background music/voice over, I cannot use the existing facility for Custom Synchronisation because it immediately changes all the spacings between transition points to a regular spacing.

Ron [uK]

Dear Igor,

Working on the new translation of the Dutch "nederlands.ini" file, Purist and myself noticed some slips. Maybe it is possible to correct these in the next version:

In the menu "File", when you choose:

Create Slideshow

Create Slideshow As...

Create Slideshow and Run...

Create Screen Saver...

The title of the opened window is always: "Create EXE file from current project with a new name". It is not possible to correct the title, the program always read the same hint text.

Some English words always show up also when you change to an other language:

Project Options - Advanced - Mouse buttons (selection): None, Exit, Next slide, Prev.slide, Help, Go to first, Pause.

Project Options - Advanced - Customize Navigation Bar... - Available buttons: Help, Exit.

Project Options - Advanced - Customize Navigation Bar... - Selected buttons: First slide, Next slide, Previous slide, Pause, Print.

Project Options - Advanced - Customize Navigation Bar... - Position (selection): Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Center, Left-Top, Right-Top, Right-Bottom, Left-Bottom.

Project Options - Comments - Position (selection): Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Center, Left-Top, Right-Top, Right-Bottom, Left-Bottom.

Although these English words are translated in the ini file (see [Reserved]) they are not used by the program.

English text not in the ini.file and can not be translated:

Project Options - Music - About Music Player... - Information - Since PicturesToExe v4.10 we have added new music player...

The word "Cancel" stays on the button in every language: In the menu "File" - Templates - Create Template from this show...

When you click with the mouse in the "Image List" there is a menu named "Explorer". The word "Explorer" can not be translated eather.

In the menu "View" - Language: Netherlands, must be changed to Dutch or Nederlands.

The button "Video" - Making of AVI video file: "For Adobe Encore DVD" this line is not in the ini file.

Greetings,

Cor

Hi Igor

Back in the 4.20 days I had emailed your regarding Video button not working...

(same with 4.30)

Whatever you did to kick start the software works and I now can record to an avi file.

Thank you :D

Now ... Is there a way to create mark in mark out sections so on a long avi - chapter points

could be saved (semi-automatically) - so in essence say a 40 minute presentation (or less)

I might want 3 chapters from the presentation (3 videos) from slide 1 - 100, 101 - 150, 150 - 210.

With an ability to say record from here to here, etc...

Just some food for thought....

Thanks for the great software

FX Designer :)

Igor, I applaud your dedication to our complaints and suggestions! And I'm sure I speak for everyone else in saying I look forward to discussing the new features you see fit to implement. :)

I'm sure that after the next round of improvements PTE will be even more miles ahead of its rivals!

But please, do not forget about your own well-being and good health! That comes first. B)

To boxig, Marcovelo

I just fully realized ability to run several applications on one action.

Also it possible to specify parameter of external application:

(notepad.exe, calc.exe, setvol.exe 25)

And EXE file any slide-show can be run starting from a necessary slide. E.g. command: "MySlideshow.exe" 7 will start show from 7nd slide. How you think is it OK or maybe I ought to add special option which will block this ability by default, if it's not correct?

In v4.40 you will able to edit several selected slides. It possible to assign some effect for all selected slides, but keep all another individual different parameters.

I'm working now on many new features for new version.

Also v4.40 will be more friendly in moving folder with project files to another PC. If you have one folder with various sub-folders inside. It can be easily transfered to another place or PC.

About synchronization.

What you think if we will link transition points to particular slides?

So if you delete some slide, assigned transition point also will be deleted.

In case of adding new slide, new point will be added automatically.

Rearranging of a transition point will call rearranging of the linked slides.

It will very help in work with synchronization.

Igor you are a star ! :D:D:D

Thank you a million times.

These new features are wonderful - I can't wait to try them out.

PTE is such a great program and you and your team work so hard to continually improve it - we are all very grateful. :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Please take some time to rest, relax and celebrate your fantastic achievements !

With very best wishes

Maureen :D

Igor,

"To boxig, Marcovelo

I just fully realized ability to run several applications on one action.

Also it possible to specify parameter of external application:

(notepad.exe, calc.exe, setvol.exe 25)"

Great !

Thank you very very much Igor !

You can't even imagine how this new feature will help me ! (parameters allowed for use with external utilities).

Not only for Notepad or Setvol, but also for specific AV's usage (dedicated slideshows' utilities).

And I'm sure Granot will be happy too !

I can now think in other way (and if I achieve some interesting stuff (utilities), I will share it on this forum, I have some ideas...)

"And EXE file any slide-show can be run starting from a necessary slide. E.g. command: "MySlideshow.exe" 7 will start show from 7nd slide. How you think is it OK or maybe I ought to add special option which will block this ability by default, if it's not correct?"

I'm not sure to understand this clearly: where this command (e.g: "MySlideshow.exe" 7) is supposed to be set ? (Project Options/Advanced ? : because it is already possible from "Customize Slide #x/Run External Application")

So I'm a little bit confused on this point... Could you explain more ? ('cause sounds interesting !)

Again, thank you ! :)

Marco

About synchronization.

What you think if we will link transition points to particular slides?

So if you delete some slide, assigned transition point also will be deleted.

In case of adding new slide, new point will be added automatically.

Rearranging of a transition point will call rearranging of the linked slides.

It will very help in work with synchronization.

Igor,

I think this option would be very useful, and more user-friendly than the present system for editing an already-prepared or semi-prepared show.

If you are adding the ability to delete points when slides are deleted, how about also the option to delete a slide when you delete an assigned transition point?

I don't think it would be useful to have slides automatically added to the timeline when first starting a new project, as some prefer to spread the slides evenly, and others prefer to add them by pressing "New transition".

I think these features should be applied as options as some people already have their preferred method of adding and deleting slides.

Like Marco, I'm not too sure about the usefulness of having linked slideshows start on specified slides - however, it may be useful to some, and would certainly provide more flexibility in using linked shows.

Looking forward to the new features! :)

any slide-show can be run starting from a necessary slide. E.g. command: "MySlideshow.exe" 7 will start show from 7nd slide.

Thanks Igor. Me too like Marco don't understand what you mean. I hope you mean to enter slideshow on a specific page from another application. If yes, then you are great. And if no... can you explain what you mean ?

And the most important (did you forget ?) to be able to embed external application the same way we embed images and sounds, and extract them when we use "Run external app".

Thank you

Granot

any slide-show can be run starting from a necessary slide. E.g. command: "MySlideshow.exe" 7 will start show from 7nd slide.

The way I understand this is :

Your "Start" program allows you to run the "NEXT" show. But instead of running "NEXT" as an entire show, it would commence at Slide #7. So the first 6 slides of "NEXT.exe" would not be seen.

Of course, maybe this is not what Igor has in mind. We shall see.

So far, I'm thrilled with your latest relase (4.31).

If you're still taking feature ideas, here's my list.

1. Would it be possible to in the object editor to overlay two images - one on top of the other - with the intent of creating a mouse rollover effect, such as a button that glows when the mouse rolls over it?

2. When executing another program from a button click (or a link click) what's the chances of having it open a .pdf file? For instance if I click a button (or link) it runs <filename>.pdf - presuming the user already has Adobe Acrobat installed on their computer.

The way I understand this is :

Your "Start" program allows you to run the "NEXT" show. But instead of running "NEXT" as an entire show, it would commence at Slide #7. So the first 6 slides of "NEXT.exe" would not be seen.

Yes, I also interpret the same way.

Well, can be interesting for testing long shows (from executable , without source project), from the middle of the show for example (outside PTE environment).

On my opinion, I think it is a nice possibility, usefull for me.

Marco

I'm waiting especially for:

- the new fresh navigation bar and the possibility to mask/display (by hot key or mouse) very usefull for the control of the show (and to display new features on this bar: go to n°...by example) - very interesting for professionals, teachers...

- to pause the show during the transition effect (and not only after or before the effect)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

This is most important to me:

Scaling of objects so they don't lose position in different monitor resolutions.

Having this would put PTE over the top for me and I can sell alot more copies to my customers for you.

This is very critical for me.

The other item that would be wonderful is to be able to save the created AVI file for future use.

Thank you so much for your help and a fabulous program.