WnSoft Forums

Sound via usb into smart TV [SOLVED]

Sandalholme

This may well be a problem caused by the smart TV .......... MP3 files acting as background music to slideshows work fine on my Mac, equally when sent via HDMI to my Sony smart TV (about 7 yers' old) When trying to play via the TV's usb port, pictures are fine, sound has random "bubbly" noises.  (Easier to view a show via usb than via an HDMI cable trailing over the floor, and I am yet to get the MacBook Pro to see the TV, although my ancient Windows laptop which needs mains input all the time can) I have tried using different settings for the MP3 files but it persists. Using PTE current version on a 1012 Mac running 10.12.6. I'd be grateful for anyone who has had a similar issue and has solved it without replacing the TV! (E.g. a particular MP3 setting or using flac etc.

Is your smart TV a Samsung? I have issues playing DVD's throughone of the USB ports. Had to buy a DVD player in the end. Checked with Samsungs technicak help & they confirmed my model TV had issues which couldn't be fixed with a firmware upgrade. 

Rosy.

I have an older Sony HDTV (not smart). I use my relatively new Roku player with USB for my slideshow media files. I have no sound issues. Instead of replacing the TV you might consider an external media player like Roku.

https://support.roku.com/article/208754908

Tom

I have the same set-up.

A Sony Bravia HD TV, 11 years old, and a Roku player.  (I only stream TV these days.)

Works perfect for MP4 slide shows and with my Roku player I can also watch shows I have put on YouTube.

Bert

I have been testing the Plex Media Server on my Mac mini (free version, not Plex pass). It supports both DLNA and Plex clients.  I prefer the Roku Plex client over the Roku DLNA Media player. No playback hesitation but it does buffer at the beginning of the video when using Direct Play. This happens on video repeat so it might be due to limited buffer size on the Roku.  I have another Roku with extra microSD storage that I need to test. Since it's an older Sony model I can only view videos in 1080p. I have not tried transcoding options.

Tom

• Igor changed the title to Sound via usb into smart TV [SOLVED]