WnSoft Forums

PTEAvStudio keeps crashing on me!

mhwarner

Now I am really pissed.  Just spent the last 2 hours working on an existing project and before I had a chance to save my existing project again, PTE crashed.  When I reopened it, it said it was opening the "Recovered Project" but all it contained was a single blank slide.  

This has happened to me at least 3 times in the last couple weeks.  What gives and what can I do to stop it.  Running version 10.5.7 (64 bit) build 4.  Windows 10 pro 21H2.  32 GB of Memory, 237 GB of space left on my harddrive.  I installed 21H2 on 5/11.  It is very possible that the crashes started then but I can't be sure. 

This is getting very annoying.  Yes I know I should save every few minutes but in this case I was just about to do so after dragging a slide to the timeline when it crashed.  The subject file was a .tif in case that was helpful. 

Info from event viewer for today:

The program PTEAVStudio.exe version 10.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3820
 Start Time: 01d879587094e1b2
 Termination Time: 34
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\WnSoft\PTE AV Studio 10.5\Main\PTEAVStudio.exe
 Report Id: 797b0397-9875-4295-93d7-3536df2cd889
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Cross-thread

Hi,

We apologize for this problem. I suppose that this problem is related with graphics drivers or hardware.

Check for available drivers in Windows Update control center. Or if you have a a desktop PC, update manually graphics drivers (NVIDIA or AMD).

Thanks Igor!  I am leaving on an extended trip shortly and intend to upgrade my laptop when I return.  In the meantime, I have just found and am installing an AMD driver from Dell for my laptop.  Hopefully that will make a difference.

And thanks Rosemary!  I have turned on the "Autosave project every 10 minutes" for now in case I have more issues.

I appreciate the help from both of you.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:22 AM, rosy said:

Sounds like you are using manual save? I have auto save every 15 minutes set. I know it's too late now but I well remember back in the old days when Ken's favourite saying when someone had a problem "Jesus Saves"!

In many cases I have not been that happy with Ken's remarks. Auto save is quite a dangerous feature. Sometimes you make changes on a project, and some time later you regret having done them; but Auto save has already overwritten the original version. I normally work with some kind of simple version management, just by saving the project again and again, always using new names (MyProject_01, MyProject_02 ...).