WnSoft Forums

Export and video quality

vii

22 minutes ago, vii said:

Hello,

What do you recommend as a bitrate for a slideshow with photos projected on a video projector?
Thank you

Hi,

with the codec used by PTE, I recommand quality and not bitrate, because the bitrate depend on the complexity of the slideshow.

Use quality and if you want more than 100% use the slider to increase it (custom mode)

Denis

• Like 1

We recommend to use the Quality compression mode for video encoding (settings by default). It's a smart option which uses more bit rate automatically for a complex scene (or scene with fast motions), and less bit rate for a static pictures or picture with large solid areas. It works like a JPEG compression in Photoshop where you set a desired Quality between 1-12 levels. Setting Quality "7" for a JPEG you'll get different final file size depending on a content and fine details in a picture, even for for the same pixel size (width/height).

• Like 2

"Quality" option is a next generation mode than VBR mode. It operates in a highest range of bit rate. 

For example, I encoded a simple show from 2 pictures at 1920 x 1080, 30p. In "Quality" mode it uses average bit rate = 388 kbit (0.3 Mbit). 16 seconds and total file is only 765 KB.

It's very hard to calculate optimal CBR or VBR bit rate manually. 

Of course, if your project contains dynamic scenes, video content, you encode 4K video, the resulting file with "Quality" mode may use high bit rate values, for example, 20 mbit, or 40 mbit.

A little magic.

I don't know if the tests below support your explanations

Here are some tests with 2 images 1920x1080 measurement with mediainfo with PTE export in "Quality" and Bit Rate.
Video software in vbr I could not display 2131 kb/s but rounded to 2000 kb/s
In both cases I do not see any difference on my 27" computer screen

1423593010_Testbitrate.JPG.219d7cd40aa38ac50a69f90c37f264f6.JPG

pte q100.JPG

t5-vbr 2M 3M.JPG

Excuse me for the broken English

Resulting bit rate when you use "Quality" option depends on a content (static picture, or animation, any motion).

You can download my video file above and explore Mediainfo. In that example, I didn't use any animation or transitions. If I add a Dissolve transition, it increases resulting bit rate automatically.