WnSoft Forums

Sound distortion [SOLVED]

Steve Reeves

On 11/29/2022 at 7:41 PM, Steve Reeves said:

Hi,

I've encountered a problem when adding a voice over in mp3 format. The problem exists with and without the music track. The track voice works well outside PTE but not inside. Any suggestions of the cause of the problem.

Hi Steve,

We've download your MP3 audio file and checked with PTE AV Studio 10.5, I didn't notice any problem with a sound. It seems to be OK.

Check the About window. What exact version of PTE AV Studio you use? The latest version is 10.5.9.

Igor, we heard last week that someone else had a similar problem. The sound was ok in all other programs and had been playing ok in PTE.

Then suddenly it became distorted. Other music tracks were ok it was just the voice track.

I will ask tonight if he has managed to find the problem.

Jill

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the test project.

I don't hear any problems with all 3 audio clips in PTE AV Studio 10.0.14. or latest 10.5.9. Voice sounds the same in PTE AV Studio and in external audio player app.

Can you check this your project on another computer to compare results?

I recommend you to install the latest free update 10.5.9: https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/download/

Hi Igor,

I couldn't at first understand why you didn't hear any problems as hissing around every s & c in words. I had already updated to the latest version and the problem still existed. I came to the conclusion that problem must be with my equipment. I then played the show through a different monitor and speaker, and it sounded fine. This is the first time I've had problem with this speaker which is of a reasonable quality. A recent musical harmony sounds perfect but having gone back to a previous show with voiceover that too is now distorted. So, it's a new speaker on my Christmas list.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble on my behalf it is very much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Do you hear distorted sound on this computer using external audio editor (video player), Audacity, for example?

Usually we ask to compare sound in PTE AV Studio and in another app. It helps to determine source of a problem.

In case of the problem with a computer, we recommend to update audio drivers. Usually it helps.

• Igor changed the title to Sound distortion [SOLVED]