WnSoft Forums

A Christmas Chuckle

rosy

Hi Rosemary

I think I know all the words, just couldn't print them on here. Earlier this morning I got an email from Amazon saying the replacement cabinet would be here Thursday, despite having cancelled the order 12 hours after making it. A few choice words rent the air then. Luckily I was able to speak to customer relations & confirm the cancellation & full refund. Glad you liked the show.

Happy Christmas & a safe New Year.

Rosy.

Oh dear Rosy - the perils of DIY!

Lesson to be learned: Never try to assemble units on your knee. 

Actually, your video seems to show what the problem was. If you look, as the unit was being tipped onto its side, you can see a gap at the right hand side of the shelf, meaning that the connector hadn’t been tightened up at all, or at least not enough. Hence, it didn’t hold and that’s where it separated. 
Hope all goes well with the repair.

Regards

wideangle

Hi WA

That was the third collapse, the damage was done with the first collapse. The chipboard flew everywere. Just wating for some pozi screw driver bits for my battery drill & some more drill bits. I have loads of brackets to strengthen the structure from past hobbies. Also I'm going to shorten it as it would have had to be moved everytime we wanted to go in the fridge or freezer. It might not look the same but hopefully do the job.

Thanks for your comments

Happy Christmas

Rosy.

Sounds like you’ll get the job sorted ok when the Pozi bits arrive.

That actually triggered a memory for me. 

In the late Sixties I started applying for my first jobs, and one of the companies I applied to was GKN (Guest Keen and Nettlefold). This was actually the company that created the Pozidrive screw and screwdriver.
I got invited for an interview in London on what happened to be the days on which the Pozidrive was first launched, with TV adverts going out on those days, for the first time. 

Needless to say, I didn’t get the job, but all the candidates were given a presentation box of a Pozidrive screwdriver and screws!! 
I still have and use that same screwdriver. It has a ball-shaped blue wooden handle, and I will hazard a guess that others may say they have one in their toolkit, because there were millions sold.

Apologies for going off at a tangent from your show!

Regards

wideangle

Hi WA That's OK, I remember my first pozi screwdriver, it had a woodne handle. Some of the screw heads nowadays have allen key type sockets which IMO give a more positive grip than a pozi. Maybe that's where Posi got their name from, "positive"? Seem to rember anothe GKN company GKN Sankey. or maybe my brains fading.

Cheers Rosy.