WnSoft Forums

HEIC to JPG Converter

davegee

Hi Denis,

Unfortunately, Faststone requires the Extensions which are downloadable from Microsoft and that shop is not responding.

I have found "HEIC to Jpeg" which does a good job but will only do a maximum of three HEIC files in the free version. The Pro version does batch conversions but again my problem is that, for some reason, the Microsoft Shop is not responding and I cannot purchase it.

DG

P.S. I have changed my phone from iPhone to Samsung and the HEIC files are from the iPhone. I have made sure that the HEIC option is turned OFF on the Samsung!!

• Like 1

Hi Denis,

Thanks for that. There is obviously something different about our setups. Do you have Windows 10 Pro perhaps?

I have just finished converting 300 HEIC files to JPG using "HEIC to JPEG" (3 at a time) and I have no need to convert any more (I hope). I will make sure that HEIC is turned off in future.

This was something that needed to be done because there were a lot of pics of my late wife that need to be preserved.

DG

• Sad 1

Many thanks to everyone for their contribution. This is no longer an issue and I have completed the task using "HEIC to JPEG".

However, with regard to Faststone, (and Photos) this is what I see:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.79a3c0ee7958d9402c85f00ff60be724.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg.190ce8ca6fb1a71d72089653e974f6e4.jpg

Ā 

When I try to open a HEIC file in either Photos or Faststone I get a message similar to that above. When I go to the Microsoft Store and click on the required download the site freezes.

My computer is fast and I have no other browsing difficulties - it only appears to be this site.

I WOULD like to solve the problem but the problem appears to be acquiring the necessary component.

Any thoughts on this?

DG

Hi Dave,

Ā 

I found that 2 Programs extensions are installed on my Windows 10 Home(Build 19045):

Extension vidĆ©o HEVCĀ Ā  (in French)

HEIF Image Extension

Ā 

I don't know if it is windows or another program who made this install.

Ā 

Denis

Hello Denis,

This is a copy of my system Windows Spec. I think that probably you have installed "something" which allows you to see and edit HEIC files.

EditionĀ Ā  Ā Windows 10 Home
VersionĀ Ā  Ā 22H2
Installed onĀ Ā  Ā ā€Ž05/ā€Ž12/ā€Ž2020
OS buildĀ Ā  Ā 19045.2846
ExperienceĀ Ā  Ā Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

DG
Ā 

Hi Dave

Perhaps the issue is that the link did not work?

Did you go directly to the Microsoft Store? I just checked, opened, and searched HEIC Batch Converter, found numerous options and could download and install. Cannot send you the link but here is a screenshot.

image.thumb.png.a763afe0e6177b86ec7844cf86a8e9a2.png

This detailed information from AdobeĀ https://www.adobe.com/au/creativecloud/file-types/image/raster/heic-file.html.

Hope this helps?

Mark

Yes Mark,

I was able to download "HEIC to Jpeg" converter in a similar way, but that does not give me access to the extension that I am looking for to be able to VIEW HEIC files. As I said above, I have completed the task but would like to obtain the Windows Extension for viewing HEIC files for future use.

The freezing of the site when following the Windows Links has been documented by other users in various forums.

DG

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:02 PM, davegee said:

Yes Mark,

I was able to download "HEIC to Jpeg" converter in a similar way, but that does not give me access to the extension that I am looking for to be able to VIEW HEIC files. As I said above, I have completed the task but would like to obtain the Windows Extension for viewing HEIC files for future use.

The freezing of the site when following the Windows Links has been documented by other users in various forums.

DG

Is it fixed now as I just downloaded and installed the extension?

Is that what you are after?

Googled "HEIC Viewer Microsoft Strore" - found, opened, downloaded and installed.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/heic-image-viewer/9MXHSBJRS7SH?hl=en-us&gl=us

image.thumb.png.4bc449903a3bdb8e65628ad8c7f07705.png