WnSoft Forums

Slide Style - applying to multiple individual slides

aplman

Use Ctrl+Click to select the non-contiguous slides.

When applying the Style tick the box marked "Keep slide order".

DG

P.S. You might find it easier to use "Full Screen view of Slide List" to choose your non-contiguous slides (F4 or the small arrow next to "Slides" in the Slide list or "Settings").

• Thanks 1

Thank you DG, nice quick response.  However, I do not see any Keep Slide Order facility.  I am on Version 10.5 - was that fix only introduced in Version 11?  Or am I not looking in the right place?

Ken T.

Thanks gain DG.  

I have been putting off using Version 11 because none of the fancy new features appealed to me. 

I still feel Styles were/was implemented poorly, but I must try to live with the present state of things.

That document you referred me to raises several more questions - e.g. is there anywhere a list of bugs fixed in that new vereion?

Ken T,

Hi Ken,

We reworked and improved Styles window in V11:

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/33520-new-possibilities-of-slide-styles-window/

Dave wrote you above about one of several improvements - "Keep slide order" option.

2. Also we added a series of new built-in styles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Y5oKCeMSU

V11 includes many important improvements and new effects: https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/whats-new-11/
Text animations, directional Blur, blur with bokeh in real time, Displacement map effect. If you re-arrange objects, drag'n'drop with mouse cursor in the Tree of objects will save you a lot of time. See a full list of new features from the link above.

We believe and hope that all these improvements deserve 49 USD for the upgrade from V9 or V10.

• Like 1

Hello igor,

Thank you for noticing my post.  I feel honoured that you have replied to me.

I did buy the upgrade (V11) some time ago but I am labouring under difficulties at the moment.  At age 84 my brain is not what it used to be, so I try to take simple steps.

Windows 11 or PTEAV11 - which step first?  I was hoping for some guidance from the forum but I don't think I ever got a reply to that one.

Anyway thank you for your great product and great support thank you igor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aplman said:

Hello igor,

I did buy the upgrade (V11) some time ago but I am labouring under difficulties at the moment.  At age 84 my brain is not what it used to be, so I try to take simple steps.

Windows 11 or PTEAV11 - which step first?  I was hoping for some guidance from the forum but I don't think I ever got a reply to that one.

I guess the answer to that is what is the greatest leap? How often do you make Av's?

If you are coming from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the changes are not that dramatic from memory and most are security-based improvements. It will also depend on the age of your PC as some older PC's will not benefit from the upgrade. As you use your PC more regularly, have a reasonably new PC maybe Windows Upgrade first as it will be relatively painless (except moving the Toolbar alignment to the left which is easily fixed).

On the other hand, it sounds like you are using the PC to make AV's and if you have already purchased it, install and grow into it. Just use the feature above first and get to know the other improvements if applicable over time.

Whatever you decide enjoy.

Cheers

Mark

6 hours ago, aplman said:

Hello igor,

Hi Aplman

I'm a year behind you at 83. been using PTE since 2007. I use W11 in my PC.

I've slowed down in recent years but used to be prolific in producing shows. Nowadays I try to produce one a month just to keep my hand in.

Our main difference is, I always download the latest version of PTE or its upgrades as soon as they are announced. I have my PTE programme set to download the latest upgrades automatically & over-ride the last version. I don't use many of the new innovations, I've never used a custom style, PTE's standard styles suit my style. Most of my shows contain mostly video clips & I use most of PTE's video innovations as I couldn't afford an expensive video editor.

I use PTE's sound editing programme infrequently as I was brought up on Audacity & can't shake it off.

I think you said you have tried 11 but went back to 10. The way i do things I don't really notice any difference in the upgrades unless one comes along that I might try just to see if I can get it to work, if I can't I just carry on as before.

Rosy

• Like 1

Hi Ken,

Thanks for purchasing the upgrade to V11 !

If you have already used V10, then the new V11 has almost exactly the same interface, we just added new features, effects, styles. No need to relearn everything from a scratch.

PTE AV Studio 11 works great on Windows 10, and also on Window 11, and even on Windows 7.
My PC at home uses Windows 11 and my desktop PC at our office has Windows 10.

Ken,
Rosy,
I'm impressed that you learn all new versions of our app. Your energy and desire to learn new things are worthy of admiration and respect. 
I humbly hope that I will be able to do the same when I reach 80+ years old :)

• Like 1

Regarding an upgrade to Windows 11 on an older PC already running Windows 10, I strongly suggest you put it off as long as possible.  You do need to upgrade to Windows 10 22h2 because it is the latest version that will be supported with any updates (including security) after October 31.  Windows 10 22h2 will be supported until October 31, 2025 and there should not be issues doing that upgrade.  There is really no reason to annoy yourself with an upgrade to Windows 11, which often can cause issues on older PCs.   The only PC on which I run Windows 11 is a new one purchased last year that came with Windows 11 installed.  At times, I find it rather annoying and of no real benefit but it is what it is.  I have come up with workarounds or purchased utility programs to alleviate some of the annoyances.

I highly recommend installing PTE AV Studio 11 as many the new features really are helpful and some are real timesavers.  Windows 11, on the other hand, really doesn't do much of anything for a  home user and that upgrade may cause you all sorts of grief.  

• Like 3

Hi Igor, Rosy, Mark, DaveGee

I thank you all for your helpful replies.  I will move ahead now with greater confidence.

PTEAV-11 is definitely for me. I shall commit to it on my three main PCs. Two of those will stay on Windows 10 for a while.  The 2017 Lenovo Tower will give way graciously to a new PC when I am comfortable with Windows 11.  (My Lenovo Laptop has already been tricked into the WIN-11 upgrade).

I am curious about one of the new features of PTEAV - applying style changes to several files from a drop-down list.  I have had a real need for that sort of convenience in creating updated exe files from multiple PTE files.  Who will support me in that request?

Thanks again to all you wonderful forum members.

Ken T, Bowral NSW Australia

• Like 1