WnSoft Forums

Change File Name for Export slides to images [SOLVED]

mhwarner

If I play a show to a particular position, then right click on the slide of interest or click on the menu item "Publish\Export Slides to Images" and then (in either case) click on "Current Position", I can change all of the parameters, including the Folder for output EXCEPT the File Name.  There is no way to click in that box to change the name.  If I am exporting several slides, I must go into the folder and manually change the names to something meaningful or I end up with Slide, Slide 1, Slide 2, etc.  I am using version 11.0.9 Build 1, which the program says is the latest build.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, jkb said:

I have not had a problem with this & just click in the box & change the name.

I am still using 11.0.3

Jill

Thanks Jill, but it is not possible for me to click in the box.    I suspect it may have something to do with the size of my monitor (4K) and the % of text size (160%) I have set under "Accessibility" so that I can actually read menus and dialog boxes.    If  you look at the graphic I attached, you can see that the OK and Cancel buttons somewhat overlap the File name input box, so that's probably what is preventing me from clicking there.  

4 hours ago, mhwarner said:

Thanks Jill, but it is not possible for me to click in the box.    I suspect it may have something to do with the size of my monitor (4K) and the % of text size (160%) I have set under "Accessibility" so that I can actually read menus and dialog boxes.    If  you look at the graphic I attached, you can see that the OK and Cancel buttons somewhat overlap the File name input box, so that's probably what is preventing me from clicking there.  

I think that you have diagnosed the problem correctly. The Export Slides.... Window is not re-sizeable so this is one for Igor.

You could try resetting the % of Text Size value (temporarily) in order to Export your slides but I have never done this and do not know how much of a nuisance this would be or how often you would want to do this.

DG

Untitled-1.jpg.1e3f5d90d426867a2767bfbe60111081.jpg

Hi,

You need to change Display DPI Scaling option in Windows 11 or 10.

By default it's 100%. PTE AV Studio supports this option, you can set 125%, 150%, 200%, 250%, or any custom value. 
It will give large fonts in all apps, including PTE AV Studio.

Watch this short video lesson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OL3z_myklk

Please don't change text size in Windows (especially high values), because many apps, including PTE AV Studio will not work correctly with large fonts.

Some old apps still show small fonts even with adjusted Display DPI Scaling.

Try several compatibility options. There are located in Compatibility tab of Properties window for an app. Click right mouse button on app's shortcut and call a popup menu. Available compatibility options are explained in this tutorial:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_change_dpi_scaling_settings_in_windows.html

Thanks Igor!

That solved the problem.  I have hesitated in the past to change the DPI Scaling because of the "You shouldn't change  these settings ....." warning displayed in the "Custom Scaling" section and instead used the "Accessibility" text size recommendation I had previously found.  I changed the DPI Scaling to 200% and PTE's  export dialog now allows me to change the file name.  I may have to bump the % up higher but I'll try it for a bit.  The change also helped greatly with text issues I was having in Photoshop menus and dialogs.  Thanks again!

• Igor changed the title to Change File Name for Export slides to images [SOLVED]