WnSoft Forums

Slide-show created in PicturesToExe v5.00

Igor

Guest Techman1

Igor,

My primary video PC works great. Everything runs very smooth (GeForce FX5500 -128MB Video Card).

On my email/basic PC, I get an error running the Flower show (ATI 3D Rage Pro - 8MB Video Card). Here is the information:

Program has performed an illegal operation. (Click CLOSE)

Application Error - Exception ED2DError at 0001D027. Get Device Caps (Click OK)

Allocation Leakage Memory Report - various stats reported here.

I realize that this PC doesn't have much in the way of video, but it is representative of some of my clients PC's. I wanted to at least test it since you indicated that the Flower.exe show should work on most PC's.

Please let me know if you require additional information. Thank you for all you do and I look forward to the full blown Beta coming soon!

Fred

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ken,

Yes, you can add several images to one slide and add individual Pan/Zoom effects.

Please look at this example:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Fractal.zip (1 MB)

Here you see 25 images and 25 text labels on one slide.

Fred,

Pan/Zoom effects in v5.00 will not work on video cards lesser than 16 MB of video memory. In fact it requires 64 MB for ideally smooth animation.

In final release of v5.00 Pan/Zoom will work on such old video cards, but very slowely (without hardware acceleration using CPU only).

Igor --

Works fine on my system (with only the minor jump mentioned previously on the slide w/multiple images). This looks like everything I've been waiting for! (I hope it still offers the great security features of v.4, e.g., disabling of printscreen functions and time limited usage -- these have been very useful!)

Thanks for the foretaste...

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 on a P4 3.2Ghz w/1.5 gigs RAM...

Ran exceptionally smooth slight stutter occasionally, mainly on the text portion while in zoom out.

If the text had not been there, it may not have been even noticeable.

The 2 image slide near begining was completely smooth - and a very nice professional

effect.

Flowers.EXE

Ran flawless!!!!!!!!

Pent 4 – 2.3 - 1.5 ram

Graphic card

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

It just keeps getting better Igor, congratulations to you and your staff

Thanks, I see that we should use more small image for Geforce MX4000/MX440 cards to fix jerks.

In fact PTE v5.00 shows images and makes all effects in 3D space as known 3D games.

So I think it's good and serious usage of your video card :)

Future Windows Vista from Microsoft will require much more fast video cards for drawing of desktop and windows than PTE v5.00 requires.

Allocation Leakage Memory Report: Looks great with my NVIDIA card. But, as someone else mention earlier, I also got a "Allocation leakage memory report" error message as I tried to cancel the show while it was playing. Never got anything like this before. Thanks much for the new version with its improvements...!!! Gary

Hi Igor

Sorry to ask this again, but can the speeds of the pan and zoom be changed by the user. In your examples they all seem to operate at the same speed. I am wondering whether if there is the possibility to increase the speed it will affect the smoothness of operation? ;)

#1 system is a xp home sp2 2.8 ghz Intel pent 4 - 1 gb ram - 1 gb fixed swp file

ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 [Display adapter]

plays pteshow.exe and flowers fine but the fractal gives a very slight jerk at +- 20 secs and then +- every 9 secs later

i relocated the files from one physical drive[d] to the main c drive to check for the jerkiness

the second time i ran it when i stopped it i got the

Allocation Leakage Memory Report - various stats reported here.warning

then i tried the flowers and pteshow.exe when stopped i had the warning i had downloaded

retried it on the the d drive no errors

retried on the c drive no errors

#2 system is a xp home sp2 1.3 ghz Celeron pent 3 -1 gb ram -1 gb fixed swp file

All-In-Wonder 128 AGP (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter] 16 mb ram

pteshow.exe pretty well stalled the system, CAD to stop show, flowers and fractals would run but not satisfactory

ken

Igor hello, I carried out the three tests on my PC, with a resolution of screen from 1024x768, CPU P IV, 1.8G°, 1 G° of RAM with a graphics board Geforce Nvidia 6600, 256 M° of memory and the three tests are conclusive. It delays me to test in my turn PTE V5.0 béta1, to give to me an account of all the possibilities of this new version. Igor cheer, congratulations

PTE.5.0 Test Report on a 2000.Pro PC.

Hi Igor,

Just tried both Shows on a 'Lower end 2000.Pro PC' Build 5.01+Service Pack 4 with all available 'Upgrades' downloading from 'Radio Broadband Dual-2mB'. Graphics Card SiS 730c (Odd-ball Special). Processor AMD x86 Family 1.2mB.

PC has 256.Mb Physical Memory and 1.Gb Virtual Memory. PC Manufactured by 'Silicon Intergrated Systems' USA.

Workload:- Engineering Data Computation and Excel.Graphics.

PTE Show.

I wasn't expecting much due to Processor Speed limitations.

1) Zooming was perfect.

2) Colour Rendition,superb.

3) Panning, perfect ~ Except 'Vertical Panning ~ Frame by Frame.

4) Sound, breakup was evident ~ I was expecting that.

Flowers

1) Zooming was perfect.

2) Could not see any 'Panning Images' ?

3) Colour Rendition,superb.

4) No Sound File ?

Hope this is of some use to you as to how the Shows performed on ordinary "Run of the Mill PC's"

Comment/Request

Would you make another Copy of "Flowers" with 'Panning" and a "Sound File" so those who use 1024x768 Format can get an appreciation of PTE.5.0 running in that Format ~ It would be very helpful.

So far, its a wonderful job that you and your Team have accomplished.

Good Luck with the Beta release.

Brian.Conflow.

Igor!!!!!!

WOW! There is nothing I have seen out there that gives the smoothness of fullscreen pan and zooms like this beta release of PTE 5.0

You have done such a good job and its so nice to see so many positive comments back from the forum at this early stage, that is a very good sign.

I haven't made a show in over a year in anticipation of PTE 5.0 and it looks like my wait is justified, you have created an almost hypnotic level of quality with PTE 5.0 and our future presentations will have so much more depth.

Thank you Igor and the team.

I am using an NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX 440, samples ran fine except for an occassional minor jerk in some of the more complex scenes but almost of no consequence when compared to the terrible peformance of any other EXE pan or zoom effect I have seen out in the market place.

Again WELL DONE :-)

Thanks Igor for the 2 samples. Runs beautifully on my laptop and desktop. You asked for hardware specs:

Laptop, Dell 8200 P4 2.2 Ghz, Radeon 9000

Desktop, custom built, P4 dual core 3.0 Ghz, Leadtek GeForce 7800 GTX w/256Mb RAM.

Will v5.0 b1 really be released next week?

Bill

Igor,

Congratulations! You did it! :lol:

My ATI Radeon 9600 on a 2.8 GHz P4 runs both shows almost perfectly - just an ever so slight minor hitch between 2 images in both shows - hardly noticeable. Maybe if I suspended my virus checker, and email, etc., it would be perfect. But the reduced granularity is fantastic (the dissolves seem to be smoother, too), especially on the large images at high res. I ran the "flowers" show at high-res (1280x1024), and it still looked very good. And the pans and zooms feel like silk. Well done, Amigo! B)

Ran both shows. Totally flawless and smooth as glass! I'm totally impressed.

My compute display is ran by:

Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset family

(what ever that means)

I'm ready to dive into that beta... Thanks millions Igor! Great work. Thank your team too.

lt

Even with my NVIDIA GEFORCE 2MMX, 32MB Video memory video card, this slideshow works very smoothly apart from the slide with the big tree-trunk and the one with 2 superposed photos where there are some minor jerks

I experienced some very minor jerks (more like a bit of dragging) at those same two spots on a Pentium M 1.4 GHz system with an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 card. Otherwise the big show was smooth as silk and Flowers ran OK also.

Can't wait to try the new beta. Thanks Igor!

All working perfectly now on all our machines thanks to Igor's help. I had a bad file in my driver set for my Radeon 9800 Pro card - a new driver set and some diagnostics and it's now working perfectly.

This is heads and shoulders above anything out there for smoothness and power folks. I've used them all including ProShow Gold and Producer and they can't hold a candle to what can be done here!!

Great big C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to Igor and the development team - this was indeed worth waiting for!!

Best regards,

Lin

My PC has a 1.8GHz P4 with an NVIDIA GeFOrce4 Ti4200 video card.

Both shows ran completely smoothly, no jerks or stutters, no error messages. I assume both are supposed to loop indefinitely, as that is how they ran until I hit Esc. The PteShow's music did not appear to be synchronized, just looping at a diferent rate than the visuals.

I would have preferred to have seen a synchronized show, as I think that is what most people want to create. And like everyone else, I'm wondering about being able to vary the zoom and pan rate within the show, as all the slides looked like they were moving at the same rate.

I'm also wondering about things like starting off with a stationary picture, then starting up slowly to pan/zoom across it at a constant speed, then slowing back down to stationary again.

Also wondering about whether there will be improvements to transferring to DVD, where there are no video card requirements and it's a more universal platform (these days).

I guess hopefully we'll be finding out next week.

Thanks Igor!

Igor,

Just tried out the demos on my laptop (3.2 GHz P4, e.w. Radeon X600 video card), set at 1440x900 px.

The shows run perfectly, without any noticeable glitches, except that after the first time I ran "PteShow", and only for the first time, I received the "Allocation Leakage Memory Report" with message:"Leave pointers: -1 (-28 bits)".

The technology behind this demo is amazing. I think at one point there must be at least 4 objects all moving in different directions, at different speeds, while initiating a smooth transition into a "zoom" out at the same time. The possibilities for amazing special effects with this new version are going to be endless!

You and Alexey and the rest of the team have really outdone yourselves with these fantastic results.