WnSoft Forums

Slide-show created in PicturesToExe v5.00

Igor

Please try my slide-shows I've created in future PicturesToExe v5.00 beta

"PteShow"

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip (12 MB)

Very large images 2400x1500 for maximal HDTV quality on any displays and projectors.

It requires modern video card (NVIDIA or ATI) for ideally smooth Pan/Zoom effects.

"Flowers"

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Flowers.zip (800 KB)

1024x768 images. Almost for any video card.

Maybe PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #1 will be published already on Monday, May 1st.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Igor

Even with my NVIDIA GEFORCE 2MMX, 32MB Video memory video card, this slideshow works very smoothly apart from the slide with the big tree-trunk and the one with 2 superposed photos where there are some minor jerks

Maybe PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #1 will be published already on Monday, May 1st.

For the Labour Day ! :D:D:D

I have a HP laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 and all of the pans and zooms work very smoothly. I can see where I'll be getting people sea sick with these. Very Nice. It looks like the wait is going to be worth it.

Thanks,

Hey Igor!!!

I LOVE it....I knew you would come through...worked perfect on a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 card.

When I quit the show I got some kind of diagnostic window having to do with memory leak? with counters...

I repeated the show several times but only got the message once.

cheers....

ken

:D

Bonjour Igor,

I tried both slideshow first 1024 x 768 screen definition

Result

PteShow just pan not perfect

Flower perfect

I tried them with 1600 x 1200 screen definition

Not so good results of course but it work all along.

These slideshow works about 5 or 6 times better on my PC than similar slideshows made with other product (maybe people don't know enough to use them).

The result seems very good, but I wait to test it by myself to confirm.

My graphic card isn't one of the best :

Radeon 7500 - 64 Mo

P IV 500Mo

Well done Igor

Thank you very much for your responses!

nickles,

"When I quit the show I got some kind of diagnostic window having to do with memory leak? with counters..."

Thanks, we'll fix it in the beta #2

Ken Cox,

No music in "Flowers", I used music in "PteShow" only.

JPD,

Unfortunately Radeon 7500 is not enough fast for PTE v5.00

But you see that PTE v5.00 gives much more sharp picture especially in high resolutions. Also you can place several images on one slide and animate them independly. Of course, in v5.00 Fade effect will work fast as earlier. But flexible system of objects and Pan/Zoom requires more modern video card. We did all we can with optimization.

If we reduce internal resolution for rendering (always 720x576, as some other products do) it will reach same fast speed, but with blurred picture. In fact you can do same thing - reduce size of images (as I did in "Flowers" show). In "PteShow" I specially used large images - 2400x1500 I like especially sharp picture with high details on my HDTV projector.

Hell Again Igor:

Tested on an ATI Radeon 9250 AGP card and works great!

Anxious for v5.0 now!

Thanks for demo.

....ken

;)

Unfortunately Radeon 7500 is not enough fast for PTE v5.00

Do you mean that PTE doesn't use the Radeon but only the main processor on my PC or not?

For Pan/Zoom PTE v5.00 always uses video card, Radeon 7500, too. But this video card can't show smoothly Pan/Zoom effects for large images 2400x1500 ("PteShow" demo)

If I use 1024x768 images ("Flowers" demo), you said it worked perfectly.

Very smooth Igor on my system,just a barely noticable jump on the two photo's sliding on screen,but otherwise perfect zoom and panning.

RADEON X550 TWIN GRAPHICS

P4 HT 3.4

2 GBytes RAM

John

Hi Igor,

It works perfectly on all of my systems except one. On my 3.2 GHz Intel Perntium 4 with Hyper Threading and using an 800 MHz Front Side Bus and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro neither show will load.

I suspect it's something with this system so I'm going to try running it from the safe mode and will get back.

On all our other six systems it runs perfectly. The pans and zooms are SOOOOO much BETTER than the competition there is no comparison!! Congrautlation!!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Igor

Both shows ran perfectly on my PC with Radeon 9800 video card. Some great flower pics! Excellent work on v5 and looking forward to the beta.

Can the pan and zoom speeds be varied by the user?

Incidentally, I too had the memory leak warning, but note that you already have this in hand.

:):D:lol:

Igor

These are absolutly brilliant, both run at screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 using a NVIDIA GeForce FX5700, with no problems and no jerkiness.

Cannot wait for the features to be available, ideas already tumbling around my head.

Tony Falla

South Wales

Hi Igor,

The first show has slight jerks when panning down, but is smooth when zooming in. The second (flowers) is very smooth. My graphics card is a Radeon 9200 series. Looking forward to trying version 5. Thanks for all your hard work. It must have been very difficult. PTE is THE program of choice for slide show presentations.

Jeff

Wow. I wonder if I am smart enough to create with and control these features!

On 3.2 ghz with ATI Radeon X600 Pro

I intentionally left browser windows and tabs open when first ran PTEShow. Perfect for first approx 20-30 seconds then picture disappeared and sound continued. Escape key then closed show and music. Immediately re-ran show with no problem. On the second viewing I seemed to see a little less smooth than first showing. That may just be my eyes adjusting or ?

Amazing work Igor, thank you.

Thanks Igor. Smooth presentations on my main computer with NVIDIA GeForce2 MX.

Ron [uK]

Just a comment:

I've watched the demo several times....and more amazed each time. Did every one observe the effects with the two superimposed post cards. It appears almost like a simultaneous 3 way pan and zoom with a title simultaneously crossing overall scene.

Very cool!

Hats off again to Mr. Igor.

Hey Igor my wife loves it also...and is curious as to the musican who is playing Greensleeves?

ken

:rolleyes: