WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #1

Igor

I like what I see so far, thank you.

A couple of things: The last slide in a show doesn't display, it just quickly shows on the screen and slide one covers it immediately.

Will there be a way to have an automatic/random zoom or pan function added? I often do a quick show and can't spend lots of time adding pan/zoom effects to each slide. I'll end up just doing a simple fade effect instead of using these advanced features.

Also, If I insert another image into a slide while in objects and animation, I can add one slide and crop it to size, but if I add another slide I am unable to move or resize it. I have to leave objects and animation, then re-enter it, then I can add another image to the slide.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone experiencing (as I am) that their images are brighter (too bright) in PTE5 compared to the same images used in a PTE4 show?

My images in a PTE4 show look exactly as they do when I save them from PS but the same images are much brighter when used in PTE5.

DaveG

So even in Visual editor images OK ("Objects and animation" button), but in Preview and in EXE file image look brighter?

What video card you have?

It could happens if you've adjusted brightness/gamma for fullscreen applications (for games) in settings of video card. But I did several steps to prevent this problem. I'm wondered that this problem happened.

I have maybe an explanation, yestesday with PteShow when I made a screen print I had a black picture as when we try to copy a video. I tried to day and I haven't the same result, I have a picture.

With my graphic card, I notice that when it's possible to do a screen copy, the colors are those we have with Paintshop Pro, Pixbuilder and so one, but when I can't make a screen copy, the color are different, I spoke about that last week on the forum (here).

I found the explanation, on the Radeon 7500 and probably on others ATI graphic card there aren't the same parameter for video so there is sometimes a big difference between an exe file and the same slideshow in video (I had the problem when testing Granot's utility).

It's not impossible that sometimes when using DirextX, the colors are those of video parameters and some times the standard parameters. In ATI it's call Overlay adjustments.

Note : when I had a big difference of colors, if another tool was using the overlay (WMP for instance), the colors of a video with Granot's utility were good. If WMP is closed the color were bad. I had the same result when using other player as ATI multimedia center or VLC.

I made a pte file (here) which launch a video file which permet to see if there is a difference between PTE 4 and video. Durinf the 8 first seconds, if the adjustments are the same for overlay or not, you must have no difference.

davegee please test this file, if there is a difference of color during the show, that mean that on your PC, overlay's adjustments are different of standard adjustment as was my PC.

Note I have some problem since last sunday with my eyes and have difficulties to continue these tests

Well now, I believe that this is ONLY a beta version. If you expected a fully functional version, then you should not download this version. :angry: So, before you folks reply to the program, understand that it isn't in it's final state yet. I don't usually reply to statements on this forum, but some of you ticked me off. The founder of this program is working as hard as he can to get out a Fantastic program for a minimal amount of money. Some people are never satisfied. :rolleyes:

Igor:

I think you've got a real winner going for you. Not had the time to put it through all it's tests but will do my best...once I figure out how to use the expanded functionality.

I've noticed one minor thing. I noticed under Windows XP, when I select Large or Xtra Large Fonts, PTE's control button captions don't adjust accordingly and the caption is lost at the buttons edges.

ken

:D

Ken,

In v5.00 I've added Large fonts support. After settings Large font mode Windows requires to restart and after it all should work well? Please send me screenshot to int_support /-at-/ wnsoft.com

I love the pan and zoom!

I made a test project using the beta, but the exported poject wouldn't play back. OK, I understand that the beta is not optimized for "antique" machines, but if I could play both of the test projects back with only minor jitter on upward / downward tilts, then that's curious ...

Matrox G550 / ASUS P4PE 2.0 GHz / 1024 RAM

Btw, the alpha blending must be set fairly high - is it something like 96 fps or upwards?

Suggestions for the Objects & Animation editing console: you can use the the L & R arrow keys to jump between keypoints and Space bar to play a transition sequence .. how about ...

Insert = new keypoint

Space bar = play & pause

Home = return to start

End = end of sequence

And assign various sub-menus to F keys ...

Just a thought ...

Anyway, looks great so far ... very easy to use, too.

Andre

Hi Igor,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

The results of the test:

The Test_NoGamma is the closest to the original of the three that you posted.

The others appeared to be brighter.

Incidentally, on my machine Lin's Test show has the same appearance - too bright.

Thanks again,

DaveG

Hi Igor,

Thanks for releasing the Public Beta - it looks great :).

Forgive me if this is mentioned in the readme notes - One thing I'd noticed is that it only seems to handle .wma audio files in the Timeline-Play option. It doesn't play the wma audio if using the Preview or the Timeline->Preview options. Nor does it play the audio when the project is output to an .exe - .mp3's are handled fine though.

For your new "Objects and Animation" Screen it would also be really usefull if we could see the audio waveform, or at least hear the appropriate section of audio, when playing the slide.

Thanks to you all for putting in all your hard work.

I've been experimenting with a slow pan through a very large panorama (11,000px x 3,000px), and while v. 5.0 displays it correctly, the position data stops incrementing at "1000" (either in pixels or percentages), making it impossible to line up the end view with the starting view of the next pan back in the opposite direction. I've put a simple and very boring version of this up on my webpage, just to show what can be done.

Igor, would it be possible to increase the maximum allowed values of the panning data to something like 20,000 pixels, and in percentage format, to around 5,000% ? I want to be able to break up the pan into several images, but need the data in order to accurately position the start and end points for each image.

Otherwise, the pan is very smooth, and easily covers that large a territory. Very impressive programming!

One other feature which I like is the ability to change the duration of a slide on the timeline by typing in the appropriate value in "customize slide". The "Timing" values entered in "customize slide" now reflect more accurately the time on screen as shown on the timeline, without including the transition times.

One thing to be aware of, though, is that if you increase or decrease the value for one image, all images after it are moved accordingly along the timeline. This is not a problem - just something to remember to compensate for when one is editing a show.

Al,

Sorry for this limitation! I just increased limit from 1000 to 100 000 in beta #2. I hope it will enough.

Igor,

That should do quite nicely, thanks. :)

Now I'll have to go out and buy some more RAM so I can utilize the capability. B)

Thanks to Igor and his team for the hard work on the latest vesrsion. I have tried it on two computers -a laptop using a gforce nvidia go6600 and a shuttle using a gforce ti4800se with no problems at all

So I have put on my web site a demo of version 5 beta 1 - a test sequence lasting about 7 minutes with a variety of sizes of images from small to 14,000 x 1200. Now it is quite large -36 megs and as the traffic is very high on my site ( due to about 750 visits a day) I may have to withdraw it if the traffic gets near my 20 gig a month norm. You will find it at the bottom of the following web page

http://www.rtfract.com/digiview.htm

right click and save as target.

Its just a quicky to try out the effects.

rt

Igor,

... when I play the examples, I see in the task manager that only one of my dual core amd cpu's are working on displaying the sample ... the other is almost idle ... is the new version only one thread? ... can you use both cpu's ...? ... what about hyper-threading ...?

" ...picked up the wrong end of the stick mate..."

... I don't think so ... I'm talking about previewing the samples Igor and everyone is posting ... most chips being made today are dual cores ... the exe files generated by pt5 are only using one core ... this is a limitation for faster playback on future computers ... isn't this issue important for Igor ...?

Hello Everybody,

I just installed beta 5 on a different drive and version 4 and 5 are working separately!

beta 5 looks very promising :)

I too get the screen: attempt to connect to the internet, I close the screen and can work further on.

Luc M

HELP - should this beta be able to control the "Close show after last slide" or "When show ends keep last slide on screen" options in Project Options? - I seem only able to get the show repeating, despite setting these alternatives.

Is it just me or is this how this first beta is meant to operate?

DEN (NE UK)