WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #8t

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #8t

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

It's a minor update of beta 8:

+ Video Builder: added "Show safe TV zone" option.

* Video Builder: Added compatibility with more range of DVD writers.

* Video Builder: Fixed bug with black picture in DVD menu (it mistakenly shown a first frame of slide show)

* Fixed several bug with duration of slide show in AVI file and DVD (for not synchronized show, and more than 1 music file).

* Improved compatibility (graphical interface) of main program of PicturesToExe with Windows Vista.

p.s. we're simultaneously working on beta 9 right now: full music synchronization (in progress), support of old video cards (completed), drop shadows for objects (completed).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Igor. Another step forward! :)

The animated preview from a designated scene is now working fine.

However, my wide-screen show still does not appear in letterbox format on a 4:3 tv set. I tried creating a show both with my pc and laptop, and obtained the same cropped results.

Strange behavior of Beta #8r DVD Builder:

In PTE I set Project Options/%of slide/disable scaling

Made show of only 1 slide but made six versions with % set as 100%, 95%, 92%, 90%, 88% 85%.

Inserted all six shows in DVD Builder. DVD on-screen progress messages showed all is fine and burn completed. BUT, the DVD actually contained and ran ONLY Show #1 (100% setting).

So I removed Show #1 and ran DVD Builder to burn the remaining Shows #2 - #6. (95% to 85%)

The five shows burned and ran ok on DVD, but Builder did not re-number them to be #1 - #5. (These #s were all assigned by DVD Builder (not part of my show titles.)

Then I added back the original 100% show into the #1 position in DVD Builder. This time the burned DVD still contained only the shows #2 - #6 and did not burn Show #1!

It seems the time line of shows in DVD Builder does not always increment up or down as shows are added or removed. I don't understand how this can be, but that is what I experienced.

I would also mention -

All six shows would show black thumbnails in the Builder screen menu if I left default settings. For each of the six shows, I had to Select an alternate frame which would then appear properly both on the Builder menu screen and on the TV.

Love the beta 8R. I was totally surprised when I ran my show and the music was in sync... I didn't think this feature was due until beta 9. A very nice surprise indead. Thank you team!!!! :D

larry

Al,

Hans,

Please try newest beta 8s:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_29-12-2006.zip

It should fix problem with 16:9 slide shows.

Igor,

This fixed the problem - thank-you again for your usual patience and attention to our special needs! :)

The wide-screen show runs perfectly from my dvd player now, both on the TV (where it is properly letter-boxed), and through the 15:9 projector, where it is presented full-screen, perfectly synched and all (see photos below).

Playing through dvd software on the pc monitor, the show is slightly letter-boxed on all sides, but I suspect this is because it is designed for and expecting a 16:9 aspect ratio, but the show is only 15:9. No problem at all.

Thanks again - and thanks to Sergei, too, and the rest of the team! :)

Have a Happy New Year - I know I will! :)

post-215-1167411449_thumb.jpg

post-215-1167411472_thumb.jpg

The latest beta runs pefectly on my DVD player as well and appears to be in synch however I don't think Igor has implemented full synchronisation yet as a show will gradually go out of synch when previewed from either the timeline or main window or from an EXE created presentation.

But wow its certainly producing very clear output from DVD.

A big thanks to the Wnsoft Team you really have deserved a grand New Years celebration, and really looking forward to when synch is finally implemented across all outputs in the New Year.

Hi,

I finally found some time to play with PTE 5.0 and looking at several demo's and tutorials this version is realy impressive. I do note however if I try to run the shows some transitions are a little bit jerky, even the first one that is available from the opening screen: sometimes when the text scrolls there seems a little hesitation. Maybe this has to do with the fact that it is an 'older' video card (I read that the support for these will be back in Beta9)?

Some details about my PC:

- Intel Pentium 4, 1800 MHz

- 512 MB (PC133 SDRAM)

- NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 (64 MB)

- Drives:

- Maxtor 6Y080L0 (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133): logical drive I (78M)

- ST380020A (80 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100): logical drives C (45M), E (16M), F (11M) and G (3.5M - was configured to be a recovery drive)

- Maxtor 6L200P0 (200 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133): logical drives D (windows system disk, old C-drive got corrupted) 150 M and H 50 M

IDE config:

CH1: Maxtor 6L200P0 master, ST380020A slave

CH2: Maxtor 6Y080L0 master, DVD slave

Best wishes for a splendid 2007 to the complete team!

Igor had a strange problem burnt a disk on DVD-R disk with all the correct settings for Pal DVD when I tried to play it in a Toshiba DVD player it said it was not a PAL disk Tried it in a panosonic DVD player and it worked fine. This was using beta 8r any suggestions please. Also I posted this in another thread but will repeat it here

Igor

Will existing PTE registered users have to pay for PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 or is the revised price structure for new purchases only?

Happy New Year to you and the team

Regards

Geoff

Igor had a strange problem burnt a disk on DVD-R disk with all the correct settings for Pal DVD when I tried to play it in a Toshiba DVD player it said it was not a PAL disk Tried it in a panosonic DVD player and it worked fine. This was using beta 8r any suggestions please. Also I posted this in another thread but will repeat it here

Igor

Will existing PTE registered users have to pay for PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 or is the revised price structure for new purchases only?

Happy New Year to you and the team

Regards

Geoff

It was explained earlier, I believe, that existing registered users could purchase the Deluxe version for the difference between the price of PicturesToExe and PicturesToExe Deluxe and as I recall that was $20 U.S.

Lin

Robert,

If it possible, please send to Sergey and copy to my email address all these .pte project files and .ptv file saved in VideoBuilder. We'll try to reproduce this problem.

What size of all 6 project files (including images and music)?

Igor and Sergey -

I have written you directly but am posting here also in case other forum members are experiencing similar problems.

I am sorry for the delay. You had asked for me to send .pte files of this problem. I have not been able to find .pte files that duplicate the problem.

In fact, I found a different problem that may have confused my experience reported. What I have now found is that one DVD I was using would not erase by DVD Video Builder. The DVD is RW+ and like others I use with no problem. But with the problem dvd, DVD Builder would report on screen that the shows and menu would process and burn, but the DVD would remain the same as what was already on it! Maybe that is why I thought only 1 out of 6 shows burned.

Now I find a new problem with the "Save As" in DVD Builder. Some menu information will show on Builder screen, and will even burn ok, but will NOT save properly. I have attached screen captures to show you. The first screen is as I saved the .ptv. The other capture is the .ptv as it appears when re-opened. I think I have seen other examples where I have made changes in DVD Builder but the changes are not saved properly.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if further testing will be helpful.

post-50-1167773996_thumb.jpgpost-50-1167774024_thumb.jpg

The above problem also leads me to a suggestion or request:

In DVD Builder, if I want the same Title and layout on multiple pages of Menu, it is very difficult to make every page identical. It seems it would be a good idea to make multiple title pages to default exactly as the first screen is constructed by user. Often the Title should be the same on all pages and then the individual thumbnail labels could be changed as necessary. Also the title could easily be changed, but the size and position of Title and Thumbnails would automatically be in proper place. Do you understand what I mean. I think it would be much better and I see no disadvantage. Please let me know what you think.

Is anything known, when this feature will be implemented in V.5? I think this feature would be great especially for long shows :-))

Gerdi

Hi Gerdi,

Version 5 has not been released, it's still in beta. More features are being introduced with each beta. There will be at least one or more betas before version 5 is released.

Best regards,

Lin

I have not downloaded V5 Since an early beta, but have since downloaded 8R i am very impressed (frustrated as it is not finished adn i vcan really play) however I have one point of concern, which is common at the moment with lots of other donwloaded software. I mainly work on my laptop which is 1920x1200. The problem is with dialog box text being trunkated

Eg. Project options Main Tab

I can only see upto "Screen sa" on the second line

The "and" in the Time interval for new slides is missing half the "d"

In the Advanced tab the two buttons with long text have some characters missing at the beginning and end

Please don't set Large font in Windows. It brings a problem in many applications.

This mode only increases size of fonts without enlarging of buttons, windows, etc.

Set 120 dpi or higher instead of 96 dpi in Display properties dialog. In this mode Windows proportionally scales all controls in applications.

Please don't set Large font in Windows. It brings a problem in many applications.

This mode only increases size of fonts without enlarging of buttons, windows, etc.

Set 120 dpi or higher instead of 96 dpi in Display properties dialog. In this mode Windows proportionally scales all controls in applications.

Thanks for that did not realise that Large Fonts was selected nor that it was a problem in that area.

Has the shadow not yet been implimented in the lastest Beta?