WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0

Igor

Manual transition question.

In old (4.48) version when I change slides manually forward or backward during show, same transition effect is applied to both directions. For example I mostly use Fade option. In ver 4.48 both, forward change and backward change is with fade effect.

In ver. 5, transition effect is applied only to forward change. Forward change is fade, but when I go backward, transition is simple quick transition. Is this caused by limitations if new engine or could ver. 5 backward transition to be made act as in ver 4?

Urmas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John. When I download a new version from Igor, I save it with the number tacked onto the name of the file I am downloading. When I install the version, It saves the version number in the "about" screen. I do not know if it is the way I saved it or not. Mine currently shows Version 5.02 in the "about" file.

Howard

According your screenshot you use build 5.00 or 5.01 :)

Thanks Igor, I have now upgraded to v5.02 and all is O.K.

Updated build 5.03:

+ Creating of ISO image of DVD disc in VideoBuilder works much faster now. In 10x faster.

* Fixed bug under old Windows 95/98/Me in the slideshow engine. When Help window, or startup screen adjusted without an image appeared, slideshow crashed.

* Fixed bug when startup screen with an image could be larger than current screen resolution (for example, if you used huge 3500x2200 image).

Urmas,

It was very difficult to realize this behaviour as in v4.48. Due to Pan/Zoom effects. I can't promiss that we will able make it as earlier in the next v5.1

Will wait for that. Maybe initially would be easier to make backward transition work when no animations are used with the slide. I need such effect often when giving lectures about photography. When comparing photos with different settings with each other, it is very nice to move forward and backward to show show what changes happened. And here I do not need any animations.

Urmas

Dear friends!

We're glad to present

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe.zip (4 MB)

Build 5.03

Updated: July 17, 2007

We're very grateful to all people who helped us during two years of development of version 5.0. Thank you for your new ideas, advices and bug-reports - all it made better PicturesToExe! I will happy to continue our common work for the next versions.

Key features of version 5.0

- New graphical engine which uses all power of your video card.

- Burning of DVD-Video disc with your slide shows right in PicturesToExe.

- Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects in real-time with high quality. Sharp picture and smooth animation. Special option "Perspective correction for Zoom" to reach natural looking zooming.

- Completely new editor of objects and animation. Proportionally scalable objects. Improved Text objects, drop shadow or glow can be applied for any object. Seven skins for Button objects.

- New cool view of Navigation bar.

- Tree of folders in main window of PicturesToExe.

- PNG images support.

- Improved quality of music player.

- Improved support of Windows Vista (in main program of PicturesToExe).

- Undo/Redo feature.

Example of slide show created in PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0:

http://wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip (8 MB)

And many other slide shows: http://wnsoft.com/download.htm

Base version of PicturesToExe 5.0 is free for all existing registered users. If you want to burn DVD-Video discs you have to pay $20 for Upgrade to Deluxe edition:

https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsel...e%20to%20Deluxe

Full list of new features in version 5.0:

+ New Visual editor where you can add Pan/Zoom/Rotate effect.

See "Objects and Animation" button (Ctrl+ B) on the main window.

> Added "Drop Shadow and Glow" option for objects (see Objects and Animation window).

> Added "Diagonal" style for Rectangle objects.

> Added alpha parameter to color of Rectangle objects. You can set alpha 255 for one side and 0 for another side and make partially semi-transparent rectangle.

> Added "Perspective correction for Zoom" option for objects. See "Objects and animation" window.

With this option enabled we simulate true movement of a camera to an object.

> You can adjust any non-linear speed for Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects for objects.

+ Added Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) features.

See Main menu | Project | Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y).

+ Transition effects:

+ All transition effects work much more smooth with new graphical engine, especially "Curling of page"

+ You can change center of appearance for "Circle" effect.

+ Improved Navigation bar.

> New Navigation bar themes.

> Fade in/out effects.

> New parameters.

> Added support of skins. You can add any images of buttons and background,

Navigation bar can be semi-transparent and has a shadow. See folder "NavBar"

in PicturesToExe's folder. Just add new folder to create new style of Navigation bar.

+ Added tree of folders to main window. See Main Menu | View | Show tree (Ctrl+G)

+ Added support of PNG images files (including PNG with partial semi-transparency).

+ You can quickly remove slide(s) from Slide list simply dragging them back to File list.

+ You can quickly press Enter to show "Customize slide" window for selected slide(s).

+ Main image of a slide can be transparent GIF or transparent PNG now.

+ Added new function to Main menu | File. "Create backup in ZIP" which compress all files

of your project into one ZIP archive. It can be useful for moving project to another PC.

+ Vastly improved speed of work of PicturesToExe's main window. Instant response now.

Especially when you work with 1000 or more slides in the Slide list.

+ Added new style of background image of a slide: "Fit to screen".

+ New view of color dialog.

+ Added option "Keep slide aspect ratio" (1,3333 by default) to correctly draw slide

+ Added "Scale keypoints in objects (on time change)" option in properties of a slide, "Main" tab.

This option useful if you have complex animation (with several keypoints) and you need to change slide time from 4 seconds to 12 seconds, for example.

+ AVI video output window:

+ Added "Anti-flicker filter" which is turned on by default.

+ Added "HD-1080" mode. If you slideshow has 4:3 aspect ratio it produces 1440x1080, if 16:9 then 1920x1080

+ Added "HD-720 progressive, 50/60 frames" mode.

+ Fully rewritten music player and improved quality of sound.

+ Vastly improved quality of video output (AVI, DVD and HDTV).

+ Ability to insert comment or description from EXIF info of JPEG images.

See Project options | Comments tab | "Set comments for all slides as" | "Display EXIF".

on various displays (usual 4:3 and wide screen). See Project options | Screen tab.

+ Added compatibility of main interface of PicturesToExe

with Large font (120 dpi) mode of Windows.

+ Main interface of PicturesToExe supports "Clear type" font mode of Windows XP.

+ Various improvements in File list in the main window.

+ You can customize double click in the Slide list: show Slide window or Objects and animation window. See main menu | View | Advanced options.

+ Enlarged size of preview area in "Customize synchronization" window.

+ Added text macros.

+ New "About PicturesToExe" window.

+ New Welcome Screen.

+ Added "Loop this slide", "Pause at the end of this slide", "No actions after this slide" options in properties of a slide, "Main" tab. + New drive bar (in main window).

+ You can create screensaver from any EXE file with slide show which created in v5.00 or later. Just rename SlideShow.exe to SlideShow.scr

+ New drive bar (in main window).

+ Added "Pause when window of slide show becomes inactive" option (Project options | Main tab).

+ Added global option "Allow modification of EXE file with slide show" (Main menu | View | Advanced). This option disabled (by default) and if EXE file with slide show damaged or infected, it will warn that slide show damaged and will not run. When this option enabled, you can use EXE packer/crypors to pack or additionally protect EXE file.

+ Added compatibility of main application of PicturesToExe with Windows Vista.

+ Added compatibility of main application of PicturesToExe with restricted user accounts in Windows.

+ Improved installer.

Updated build 5.01

* Fixed bug with incorrect size of shadow for JPEG images in slide show when "Hardware acceleration" option disabled.

* Fixed bug when Distance of shadow for a button object changes according length of caption.

* Fixed bug with earlier appearing of a next slide where set "Quick transition" when "Hardware acceleration" option disabled.

Updated build 5.02

+ Updated Polish language file.

* Duration value didn't show on the status bar when you visually changed duration of a transition effect on the timeline.

* Fixed rare bug of previous versions when "Select all images" action in popup menu not always worked for the File list.

Updated build 5.03:

+ Creating of ISO image of DVD disc in VideoBuilder works much faster now. In 10x faster.

* Fixed bug under old Windows 95/98/Me in the slideshow engine. When Help window, or startup screen adjusted without an image appeared, slideshow crashed.

* Fixed bug when startup screen with an image could be larger than current screen resolution (for example, if you used huge 3500x2200 image).

Hi,

great works, thanks,

but

sorry, I have loaded 5.03 and I don't find "hd-1080 mode" neither "hd-720 progessive". where is it in the menu.

I expect it is in Video or "aspect ratio of slide"

What are the aims with these formats ?

my problems is :

As I have a flat TV "full HD 1920 x 1080 " and selected image sizes available are : auto, super zoom, 4.3, 14.9, 16.9, full screen ratio 1.78, I have done several tests :

for the time being, exit pc by VGA 1024 x 768 = 1.33

transmission .exe 1024 x 683 = 1.50

TV format selected 14:9 = 1.55 suitable with 2 black frame en left and right side.

Are there other methods to run a .EXE without destroy quality and image size.

video card is Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller

I have yet used Pte Video capacities. Maybe the solutution ?

Thanks of all advices.

Olivier

I've finally gotten around to using PTE Deluxe 5. First, let me add my congratulations to all the others -- the new version is quite remarkable. Especially as I was able, after some initial and unfounded trepidation, to get the pan-and-zoom to work remarkably smoothly on a massive 4500x4000 pixel 3.9MB jpg of a map that I wanted to zoom into at fine detail. Ran without a glitch on my system, extremely impressive.

I just have one regret, and probably an addition to a wish list for an update. In Version 4.48 and earlier versions, under the Screen tab under Project Options there were two very useful check boxes, Show First Transition Effect from Desktop, and Show Transition Effect to Desktop, enabling me to fade from and back to the desktop at the beginning and end of a show. These boxes are not on the Screen tab in Deluxe 5, and I can't seem to find them anywhere else in the interface. If in fact these features were dropped for some reason, would it be possible please to put them back into an update fairly soon? I've always really liked the fade-to-and-from-desktop effect in version 4.48, and I find on my system that the transitions from and to the desktop at the beginning and end of a Deluxe 5 show very abrupt and even jerky, which can be a bit jarring to a viewer. The smooth fade effect to/from the desktop is sorely missed, at least from where I sit.

Of course, if those two controls were moved somewhere else and I just can't see them :blink: maybe someone can kindly put me out of my misery and tell me where they've moved.

Otherwise, the program is wonderful, I look forward gradually to finding other good uses for the Animation effects. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Igor,

When writing up the user guide, I have found a possible error in the operation of the "Hold Points" check box . Assume that the "Auto adding of new transition points for new slides" is not selected in the "Timeline" window. Now check the "Hold Points" check box and insert a slide into the "Slide List". The slide is not inserted when you look in the "Timeline" window.

Now select "Auto adding of new transition points for new slides" and, with the "Hold Points" box checked, add a slide into the "Slide List". The slide will now appear in the "Timeline" window and the subsequent slides will be moved along the timeline to make room for the new slide. This is an incorrect operation as the new slide should be inserted without the subsequent slide positions changing.

This anomaly probably arises from your changes in Version 5 to always add slides to the timeline when adding them to the slide list. I mentioned that the "Auto adding of new transition points for new slides" function was redundant but it obviously still operates under this condition.

Regards

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Igor

Thank you for the very quick response. I must say That I am really enjoying using PTEv5.03, as a ProShow Producer user in the past, it is great to be able to communicate directly with the people that can make things happen.

...<snip>....it is great to be able to communicate directly with the people that can make things happen.

I'll definitely second that.

Hello all,

I have many favorite dvd and video.

Some days ago , I want to put them onto my ipod video , some friends recommend a software to me at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-DVD-vi...iPod-video.html

Or cut any part of video to ipod using

http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-and-video-to-ipod.html

It works pretty good . I can cut any part of video to ipod .

I just published updated PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.04 (October 12, 2007):

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe.zip (4 MB)

+ Added link to Complete User Guide for PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0 (By Lin Evans and Jeff Evans (Appendix G By Ray Waddington) (127 pages, PDF file, 7 MB) to Help file. http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/PicturesToExe_v5...erManual_en.pdf

* PicturesToExe didn't support 8-bit grayscale PNG images with alpha channel. The problem fixed now.

I think I found a bug that hasn't been reported before. With Hold time points selected, if I add a new slide earlier than a slide that has multiple images in its Objects and Animation window, the keypoints in that later slide get all messed up.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've just run a little test and cannot recreate your problem.

My starting point for my test was a three slide sequence: Black slide, Blackslide with seven animated objects (20 keypoints in all), Black slide. I ticked the "Hold time points" box, opened the Timeline, did an "Insert slide" betwen the first and second slides without changing the start time of the second of these slides, OK'd out of the Timeline and Previewed.

Everything ran OK. I then went on to move the second, third and fourth images to different points on the timeline, ensuring that I kept sufficient elapsed time on the image with all the animation. Again, no problems when previewing.

Are you ensuring that the elapsed time of your animated image isn't dropping below that required?

Are you ensuring that the elapsed time of your animated image isn't dropping below that required?

Yes I'm sure. Can you post your test project somewhere so I can see the differences between your test and my project?

Thanks

Thanks.

I downloaded it and will look into it in the next week and post my findings.

Ray

Ray,

There is a bug in PTE. Please see Page 20 of the User Guide. The Hold Timed Points function does not work correctly if the "auto adding of new transition points for new slides" feature is checked in the Timeline - View window.

Jeff