WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0

Igor

Dear friends!

We're glad to present

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe.zip (4 MB)

Build 5.04

Updated: October 12, 2007

We're very grateful to all people who helped us during two years of development of version 5.0. Thank you for your new ideas, advices and bug-reports - all it made better PicturesToExe! I will happy to continue our common work for the next versions.

Key features of version 5.0

- New graphical engine which uses all power of your video card.

- Burning of DVD-Video disc with your slide shows right in PicturesToExe.

- Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects in real-time with high quality. Sharp picture and smooth animation. Special option "Perspective correction for Zoom" to reach natural looking zooming.

- Completely new editor of objects and animation. Proportionally scalable objects. Improved Text objects, drop shadow or glow can be applied for any object. Seven skins for Button objects.

- New cool view of Navigation bar.

- Tree of folders in main window of PicturesToExe.

- PNG images support.

- Improved quality of music player.

- Improved support of Windows Vista (in main program of PicturesToExe).

- Undo/Redo feature.

Example of slide show created in PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0:

http://wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow.zip (8 MB)

And many other slide shows: http://wnsoft.com/download.htm

Base version of PicturesToExe 5.0 is free for all existing registered users. If you want to burn DVD-Video discs you have to pay $20 for Upgrade to Deluxe edition:

https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsel...e%20to%20Deluxe

Full list of new features in version 5.0:

+ New Visual editor where you can add Pan/Zoom/Rotate effect.

See "Objects and Animation" button (Ctrl+ B) on the main window.

> Added "Drop Shadow and Glow" option for objects (see Objects and Animation window).

> Added "Diagonal" style for Rectangle objects.

> Added alpha parameter to color of Rectangle objects. You can set alpha 255 for one side and 0 for another side and make partially semi-transparent rectangle.

> Added "Perspective correction for Zoom" option for objects. See "Objects and animation" window.

With this option enabled we simulate true movement of a camera to an object.

> You can adjust any non-linear speed for Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects for objects.

+ Added Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) features.

See Main menu | Project | Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y).

+ Transition effects:

+ All transition effects work much more smooth with new graphical engine, especially "Curling of page"

+ You can change center of appearance for "Circle" effect.

+ Improved Navigation bar.

> New Navigation bar themes.

> Fade in/out effects.

> New parameters.

> Added support of skins. You can add any images of buttons and background,

Navigation bar can be semi-transparent and has a shadow. See folder "NavBar"

in PicturesToExe's folder. Just add new folder to create new style of Navigation bar.

+ Added tree of folders to main window. See Main Menu | View | Show tree (Ctrl+G)

+ Added support of PNG images files (including PNG with partial semi-transparency).

+ You can quickly remove slide(s) from Slide list simply dragging them back to File list.

+ You can quickly press Enter to show "Customize slide" window for selected slide(s).

+ Main image of a slide can be transparent GIF or transparent PNG now.

+ Added new function to Main menu | File. "Create backup in ZIP" which compress all files

of your project into one ZIP archive. It can be useful for moving project to another PC.

+ Vastly improved speed of work of PicturesToExe's main window. Instant response now.

Especially when you work with 1000 or more slides in the Slide list.

+ Added new style of background image of a slide: "Fit to screen".

+ New view of color dialog.

+ Added option "Keep slide aspect ratio" (1,3333 by default) to correctly draw slide

+ Added "Scale keypoints in objects (on time change)" option in properties of a slide, "Main" tab.

This option useful if you have complex animation (with several keypoints) and you need to change slide time from 4 seconds to 12 seconds, for example.

+ AVI video output window:

+ Added "Anti-flicker filter" which is turned on by default.

+ Added "HD-1080" mode. If you slideshow has 4:3 aspect ratio it produces 1440x1080, if 16:9 then 1920x1080

+ Added "HD-720 progressive, 50/60 frames" mode.

+ Fully rewritten music player and improved quality of sound.

+ Vastly improved quality of video output (AVI, DVD and HDTV).

+ Ability to insert comment or description from EXIF info of JPEG images.

See Project options | Comments tab | "Set comments for all slides as" | "Display EXIF".

on various displays (usual 4:3 and wide screen). See Project options | Screen tab.

+ Added compatibility of main interface of PicturesToExe

with Large font (120 dpi) mode of Windows.

+ Main interface of PicturesToExe supports "Clear type" font mode of Windows XP.

+ Various improvements in File list in the main window.

+ You can customize double click in the Slide list: show Slide window or Objects and animation window. See main menu | View | Advanced options.

+ Enlarged size of preview area in "Customize synchronization" window.

+ Added text macros.

+ New "About PicturesToExe" window.

+ New Welcome Screen.

+ Added "Loop this slide", "Pause at the end of this slide", "No actions after this slide" options in properties of a slide, "Main" tab. + New drive bar (in main window).

+ You can create screensaver from any EXE file with slide show which created in v5.00 or later. Just rename SlideShow.exe to SlideShow.scr

+ New drive bar (in main window).

+ Added "Pause when window of slide show becomes inactive" option (Project options | Main tab).

+ Added global option "Allow modification of EXE file with slide show" (Main menu | View | Advanced). This option disabled (by default) and if EXE file with slide show damaged or infected, it will warn that slide show damaged and will not run. When this option enabled, you can use EXE packer/crypors to pack or additionally protect EXE file.

+ Added compatibility of main application of PicturesToExe with Windows Vista.

+ Added compatibility of main application of PicturesToExe with restricted user accounts in Windows.

+ Improved installer.

Updated build 5.01

* Fixed bug with incorrect size of shadow for JPEG images in slide show when "Hardware acceleration" option disabled.

* Fixed bug when Distance of shadow for a button object changes according length of caption.

* Fixed bug with earlier appearing of a next slide where set "Quick transition" when "Hardware acceleration" option disabled.

Updated build 5.02

+ Updated Polish language file.

* Duration value didn't show on the status bar when you visually changed duration of a transition effect on the timeline.

* Fixed rare bug of previous versions when "Select all images" action in popup menu not always worked for the File list.

Updated build 5.03:

+ Creating of ISO image of DVD disc in VideoBuilder works much faster now. In 10x faster.

* Fixed bug under old Windows 95/98/Me in the slideshow engine. When Help window, or startup screen adjusted without an image appeared, slideshow crashed.

* Fixed bug when startup screen with an image could be larger than current screen resolution (for example, if you used huge 3500x2200 image).

Updated build 5.04:

+ Added link to Complete User Guide for PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0 (By Lin Evans and Jeff Evans (Appendix G By Ray Waddington) (127 pages, PDF file, 7 MB) to Help file. http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/PicturesToExe_v5...erManual_en.pdf

* PicturesToExe didn't support 8-bit grayscale PNG images with alpha channel. The problem fixed now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would not expect to Ken, I purchased my deluxe registration at v5.0 beta9 so would fully expect that now it is FINAL release it should be working, that is what I purchased it for, not just to help beta testing ;)

Edit: Igor beat me to the reply by ONE minute, thanks Igor! :)

Hi Igor,

I am delighted to see, on return from a short holiday, that version 5.0 is now fully released.

I have one small problem. I remember reading something about this before but cannot find anything relevant using search so apologies for a repeat.

When I look in my Control Panel Add and Remove programmes I find multiple versions of PTE Beta 5 (12 in all!). I do not want to remove my registration and get into problems with having to re-register and would like to know what I can safely remove before finally loading version 5.0 De Luxe.

Kind Regards

Peter

Since final release of version 5.0 all future versions will install separately. Like "PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0", "PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1", and etc.

You can uninstall all previous versions/betas. If uninstaller will ask "Keep personal files (templates)..." click YES button.

Igor,

I particularly make a point of congratulating you you and all your team for the fabulous work which you undertook and to give us the possibility of expressing us by the means of this news and final version of PTE 5.0.

Be to thank for any heart.

It is noble and large of your share.

Igor cheer and still thank you.

Marcel

Thanks to you and your team for this very fantanstic tool. You can take some holidays :)

Now we have to work with it and make many nice slideshows.

What has happened to the 'Pinned Bug Report' ?

I know that this is the final release but there will still be some bugs I reckon. For example: I am having problems with the option that allows a 'Right Click' of the mouse to 'pause' the slide show. It now seems not to work properly - is anyone else having the same problem?

Ron West

Update: I have just created a 'New Show' to test this problem and everything is working fine. It seems that an exe file saved in a previous 'beta' version must first be loaded and then saved in the final version, before the 'pause' option will work as expected. (unless it is just a problem with my computer)

To Igor and Development Team,

Congratulations!! Thank you from all of us for the hard work and dedication culminating in the finest presentation slideshow software available! You can be very proud and now take a well deserved break. You have greatly exceeded our wildest expectations.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you!

p.s. I unpined old "Bug-reports 5.0 beta" topic not because version 5.0 doesn't contain possible bugs :) But as I hope we could miss small number of bugs after beta-testing and no need in special topic. Let put bug-reports in individual topics.

Igor and team.

I also add my hearty thank you for accomplishing and sharing this version 5 of PTE. I am still learning and will have an opportunity to work on a special slide show of a mission trip to Mexico beginning the week of June 23. Just in time!

Thanks again,

Howard

May I add my congratulations as well in giving birth to a wonderful bouncing (animations now) piece of software. :D

It is really fantastic and has inspired me back into A/Vs. Just made my first DVD with Video builder and really please with result.

Well done Igor and all involved.

David

Igor. Thank you again for a superior product, and congratulations to your entire team !!

FYI...Once I upgraded to Deluxe I received the following email message:

-----------------------------------

How to register:

1) Close all running copies of PicturesToExe.

2) Save attached file to any folder

3) Run PicturesToExe.

To register your program press

Help | Registration... | Load Key

and then select saved file.

The program is registered now!

-----------------------------------

However the "Load Key" option is not available from the Main PTE Help/Registration menu. I did find a button to register the product after clicking on the "Video" button from the main PTE work screen and then clicking on the "Burn DVD-Video disk" button. A button came up to load a key.

After this, the product registered correctly.

Thanks again and warm regards,

Bill

Igor, along with all the previous messages, I to wish to give a big congratulation to you and the team at Wnsoft for this great product.

Also to all who helped in the development of this version, thank you.

Enjoy your well deserved break Igor and return in high spirits for the next one, thanks. :)

Igor and team who have developed release 5.

Just few words, every body has said rmarkable things and I would like to express my congratulations to all,

fantastic software which can open new capabilitiesfor creation. I started in the late to use PTE,

and qualities are over the expensive similar software available in the market.

Continue to improve in adding others functions.

Your unconditional supporter.

Our best regards