WnSoft Forums

Get Well Soon Ken

Maureen

I am sure everyone will join me in sending

Ken Cox our very best wishes and love for

a very speedy recovery.

Ken slipped on some ice and broke his left ankle.

He didn't say if the ice was in a gin and tonic :unsure::D:rolleyes:

He says he won't be answering e-mails for a while

but you can never keep a good man down for long !

Have a good rest and recover completely Ken.

GET WELL SOON

from us all :D:D:D:D:D:D

Love

Maureen & Robert

& of course Fern

Ken slipped on some ice and broke his left ankle

Thought I was the only one who does that. Did that last year!! It is painful!! Mine was from roller blading on the ice!! (not really. Helga ran after a rabbit and dumped me but that doesn't sound cool!) Just take it easy and recoup Ken!!

Bob W.

Guest Techman1

Ken,

I hope your get well soon. If you do a "google search" on broken ankles, you'll find 158,000 links to keep you busy until it heals! :P Just kidding.

Take care of yourself and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

Fred

Ken,

Sorry about your recent accident. Certainly hope you mend quickly and can rest comfortably during your down time. Hurry back - we need you here on the forum!

Rest up, eat plenty of fruitcake and drink eggnog. You'll be feeling better in no time ! :rolleyes:

Warm regards,

Bill

thks for all your "cards and letters"

it is a week ago that it happened -- hope Santa brings some early pain remover - had to stop any extra liquids -- wife cant wash my pants fast enough :(

now i know why they shoot horses that break legs

hopefully the new year will bring some pain relief

thks

ken

Hey Ken,

A good bottle of Scotch always works for me! You can skip the othe liquids and get pain relief at the same time... LOL. Sorry about the fall, that ice is always a p.i.t.a. for me this time of year. I usually fall at least two times but have been luck and never hurt anything more than my "dignity" - HA!

Seriously, have a great Christmas and New Year and let folks wait on you for a change. It's a long recovery time when you get compound fractures. Many years ago a 20 ton transformer on a crane which was traversing faster than the operator should have took my right arm through a steel building wall and crushed my right wrist. I was in a cast for 13 weeks and finally cut it off with my pocket knife when I got my 18 wheeler stuck in a drift going over Loveland Pass in a blizzard and had to shovel it out. I thought the arm and wrist were fine because I could shift with it and lift, etc., but when the cast came off I could barely hold my arm up because of muscle atrophy. So be careful and keep it elevated to keep the swelling down. It will take time but eventually you'll be good as new (or at least as good as before the fall).....

Best regards,

Lin

thks for all your "cards and letters"

it is a week ago that it happened -- hope Santa brings some early pain remover - had to stop any extra liquids -- wife cant wash my pants fast enough :(

now i know why they shoot horses that break legs

hopefully the new year will bring some pain relief

thks

ken

Ken -

I always try to learn from others. So, be aware that even while you are down, you are doing some good by reminding the rest of us what to avoid. As Lin suggests, those of us that have ice available in its natural state have great opportunity for unintended movement. I'm not going to mention that the ground always comes up faster as we get older!

Carry on Ken, we're all cheering for you.

Hi, Ken,

We just got back from a week in the sun in Mexico (Cancun area) so hadn't heard about your mishap on the ice.

For recuperation I can heartily recommend a couple of weeks' rest at one of the "all-inclusive" resorts there along the beach. The staff at these resorts are only too willing to wait on people like you and me (in our age group, that is) hand-and-foot, at all hours of the day if need be. And the only ice you will slip on will be the ice from your tequila sunrise.

All the best, and Feliz Navidad, mi amigo - hope your recovery is speedy! :)

just a small note Maureen; after reading your post, i clicked on your links and it appears that the bottom link

www.digital-av.co.uk resource information for digital AV

isn't working; i'm sure the fix will be simple but i thought i'd mention it since i'm sure you'll want others to visit that website.

best wishes,

dabbler