WnSoft Forums

News of development. Version 5.5

Igor

I'm so happy writing code for next version 5.2. Right now I'm working on feature I dreamed to implement many years ago - unified Slides/Timeline mode and real preview of a slideshow at right-top corner of the main window (like in video player).

Excuse me for possible delays with replies, I fully concentrated on development of version 5.2.

Hi Igor,

It's great to know that version 5.2 is already under construction. Your new planned feature will delight many users I am sure but .... you can have a rest on Christmas day you know :P:rolleyes:

2007 has been a great year for PTE fans and 2008 promises to be just as good.

All best wishes for the festive season and for good health and happiness in 2008.

Peter

I'm so happy writing code for next version 5.2. Right now I'm working on feature I dreamed to implement many years ago - unified Slides/Timeline mode and real preview of a slideshow at right-top corner of the main window (like in video player).

I sincerely hope that you succeed in creating a preview in real time while using the timeline; if you can realise that in that window we not only can see the transitions, but also the titles and animations it would be very useful for my synchronisation... Thanks for your efforts.

Henri. :rolleyes:

Dominique,

I remember about "Mask" feature. Sorry, I can't promiss it for version 5.2, but we'll try. I dream about this terrific feature, too.

I have large TODO list for this version, but I'd like to tell only about several features now:

- Timeline mode in main window of PicturesToExe.

- Real preview of a slide at right-top corner of a main window and real picture of a slides in Slide list.

- Quick preview of whole slideshow as in video player (in main window - preview panel).

- We're reworking fullscreen mode to solve problem with starting second slideshow from current one (without flashing of a desktop).

- Various improvements in Objects and Animation editor.

In version 5.2 we'll vastly rework code of PicturesToExe and slideshow's engine to make possible many future improvements, including Masks. V5.2 is a key step in development of PicturesToExe. This work is invisible outwardly, but it will open new horizonts for PicturesToExe.

I sincerely hope that you succeed in creating a preview in real time while using the timeline; if you can realise that in that window we not only can see the transitions, but also the titles and animations it would be very useful for my synchronisation...

Exactly this we want to implement. Real preview without delays on preloading, like high-quality playback of a slideshow in EXE file.

The first beta of version 5.2 will be published in two-three months.

just a question: Will Version 5.2 open the possibility to mix 2 or more audio sources (music and spoken words) in a more sophisticated way than today, e.g using independent volume control curves?
Can't say at this moment, most likely this feature will be added later.

Is there a chance that 5.2 will include right-click option "select slides to the right" in the timeline

This can be done now by pressing Shift-End

Shift-Home selects all the slides to the left

Shift-Left Click selects the slides between any two slides

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Steve,

I've been using PTE for over two years now, and been active in this forum for almost 9 months - and I never knew that. Where are all these, and any other, useful keyboard "quick commands" documented? I've had a look in the User Guide and they aren't mentioned there.

What other useful keyboard "quick commands" are available, please?

Is it worthwhile opening a new thread in the Tutorials forum in which to pull them all together in one place?

Hi Peter,

These are "standard" Windows keyboard shortcuts, not things specific to PTE. The same applies to an up and down list in Windows Explorer as to right and left in a list. The reason they are not in the User Guide is that they are not PTE shortcuts but Windows commands available to anyone who reads Windows tutorials.

Select a file - hold down the shift key and select another file and the selected file and all files in-between are selected. Select a file, hold down the End key and the selected file and all files after are selected. Select a file, hold down the Home key and the selected file and all files before (to the left or above) are selected.

Best regards,

Lin

Steve,

I've been using PTE for over two years now, and been active in this forum for almost 9 months - and I never knew that. Where are all these, and any other, useful keyboard "quick commands" documented? I've had a look in the User Guide and they aren't mentioned there.

What other useful keyboard "quick commands" are available, please?

Is it worthwhile opening a new thread in the Tutorials forum in which to pull them all together in one place?

Igor this feature is very useful when manipulating slideshows with large numbers of images in the timeline, I know that the shift+end command can be used but this takes you to the end of the timeline which is not helpful when you have to scroll all the way back again. I appreciate that is perhaps not so useful when making slideshows of 30 to 50 images but with slideshows of 100+ images it can be a very usefull time saving feature.

Regards

Geoff

Lin,

Thanks for the explanation. I knew about "Shift+Left click" to select a contiguous range of items and about "Ctrl+Left click" to select non-contiguous ranges. But I didn't know about "Shift+Home" and "Shift+End". I've used PCs of one sort or another for 20 years or more - and I'm still learning!

Hello admin1,

just a question: Will Version 5.2 open the possibility to mix 2 or more audio sources (music and spoken words) in a more sophisticated way than today, e.g using independent volume control curves?

I fully agree with Xahu34, because having two or more soundtracks with the possibility of fade in and fade out handles is really the only way to make a perfect sync slideshow. Nevertheless I feel deep respect fot the things realised till now!

But I still hope the soundtrack thing will be there in a reasonable short time.

Henri.

I fully agree with Xahu34, because having two or more soundtracks with the possibility of fade in and fade out handles is really the only way to make a perfect sync slideshow. Nevertheless I feel deep respect fot the things realised till now!

But I still hope the soundtrack thing will be there in a reasonable short time.

Henri.

I would like to second Xahu34 and Henri. This function is one I have been patiently waiting for to be added to PTE as it was promised some time ago, (along with basic sound editing functionally - fade in/out, cropping, volume adjustments, etc).

• 2 months later...

Hi Igor,

The new beta version would seem to please many PtE supporters along with myself with the new additions that you and your team are including.

Do you recall my question of the 'Start up window' against a background and not the computer desktop as 4.48? Will this beta have this included ?

Just a thought.

I certainly look forward to seeing the new version.

Undoubtly a lot of hard work. Well done

Anthony