WnSoft Forums

The Highlands & Skye.

jdeller

Please let me know what you think, here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjecyxsxmp4

Hello John -

I watched your video sequence and wanted you to know that I enjoyed it very much. You captured some beautiful pictures and selected some music that really gave it a Scotish flavor. Well done.

One little thing that would improve it some: it seemed a bit dark on my monitor. And when it's a bit dark on a Dell Ultrasharp, that says there's some room to lighten it up a bit. (That is, unless you intended for it to appear as under exposed.) Keep in mind that the darkness is just my viewing experience, and just my suggestion. It will be interesting to hear what other say about this issue.

All in all though, a most enjoyable show. You were traveling in some beautiful country.

Regards,

Dave

Hi John,

A lovely atmospheric sequence. I have to agree with Dave's comment above: it seemed dark on my monitor, too. But perhaps you wanted to achieve a sombre, brooding atmosphere. If so, you've succeeded. If that wasn't your intention then perhaps the images are excessively dark.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Hi John,

Some lovely shots but I also found some to be a bit on the dark side. Mind you I am overdue a monitor calibration!!

I thought some of the transitions were very well thought out but I would have liked to have seen some of the images for a little longer. You appeared to have been in the area during the rainy season (between January and December) judging by the clouds and light. You remind me that I must take more texture and close up shots in the future.

Thanks for letting us see your show.

Regards

The other John (Misty Isle)

Hi All,

Saw the Misty Isle sequence and thought I would share with you my attempt.

Please let me know what you think,

Hi John

I loved it. I think you have really captured the light effects caused by fast moving low cloud. The chosen music apptly suited the scenes.

Well Done

Alan

Saw the Misty Isle sequence and thought I would share with you my attempt.

Please let me know what you think, here is the link

Hi John

PHOTOGRAPHY/GRAPHICS

Excellent ! Some superb lights !

Moody sceneries.

No particular comment.... I like very much your photos.

SOUNDTRACK

In accordance with the place and the mood.

TIMING and PTE MASTERY

Nothing to say.

This sequence is intended to show us photos, photos, photos ... and nothing else as photos.

Technic is very simple and sober... a pleasure.

WATCHABILITY

Oh yes, I would watch it again with great pleasure.

OVERALL COMMENT

2 very secondary comments :

- I think it is more logical that the first image appearing after the beginning one (house wall) is the one with the tree clipped in the door frame than an other photo.

- the salmon (?) breeding sea structures are a bit anachronic considering the nature of all other images, and, in addition, this shot is also lacking sharpness

Definitively a keeper for me !

An other slideshow wich reminds me Highland's great skies and sceneries !

Thank you very much for sharing

John,

I enjoyed your show,,, well worth downloading and watching,,, great images and well chosen music.

Overall I didn't find the images too dark on my monitor, although prehaps the first few images were (they appeared to have been exposed for the sky).

The only suggestion I would make would be with regards to duration of each image on-screen ~~ whilst you are well acquainted with your images, we (the viewers) are seeing them for the first time,,,, I have no doubt that you spent considerable time deciding how your slideshow should 'look', however, this has resulted in each image spending considerably more time actively dissolving between one image and the next than actually staying on-screen so that we can look at and appreciate it (if you get my drift) ~~~ maybe if you kept the same timing for the show but reduced the length of each transition that might be better for those watching the show. (?)

bjc

Hi John enjoyed your AV very much, having been to Skye many times and walked on the Black Cuillin ridge it bought back some very happy memories. Tend to agree with bjc about one or two of the images not on screen long enough, but I will definately be watching this again. Can you tell me what the music is please?

regards

Geoff

What a shame this show is just a bit to dark !

You have some superb images but some are very difficult to see.

I think it would be worth it to remake, lighten it up and extend some of the lenghts the slides are on screen.

I will certainly keep and watch again,and look out for an even better one someday.

Hope to see more of your great work.

Neil

Hello John,

I do not want to repeat the comments on darkness and timing from several of the previous posts. It would be of interest what you think about these comments. I tried to make screen shots of some of the dark images of your show in order to play with them a little bit in Photoshop - but you did not allow this!

Kind regards

Xaver H.

Munich

A very enjoyable show, one I will keep and look at again.

I enjoyed how you carefully used the monochrome images in the AV and your choice of the music was right on the money. The section with the rainbow toward the end of the show was the highlight for me as the dissolves and the third images created were superb.

As is my practise I viewed your show in a darkened room and found the images were not to dark, (nice and moody). When I tried it without my curtains closed the images did appear a little dark.

John can I ask you if you used any images scanned from transparencys in the show? Some of the images showed a tonal range and a darkening I often get when scanning slides.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Ken.

I'm with you on the cats. :)

Thank you all for your C & C on my show.

Little concerned about issues of dark images as they appear fine on my monitor which a calibrate monthly.

Some images were deliberately kept as taken to convey the mood and atmosphere I felt.

To the Misty Isle John - I also enjoyed your sequence by the way, it is a magical place & all images were taken last two weeks of September 2007 CANNOT wait until the next time in 2009.

Patrick – thank you again and I agree the Salmon farm rings need to be replaced.

Bjc and Others – yes I agree I need to make some changes with the dissolves and timings

John Down Under – The images were all raw capture edited in CS so I cannot use that excuse.

Thanks again John.

Hi John,

I also enjoyed your show and thought it nicely captured the brooding mood of the Highlands. I loved the colour and texture in many of the images. There was one section where the music made me think I was watching a Western but I am perhaps the odd one out here!

Kind regards

Peter

Hi John enjoyed your AV very much, having been to Skye many times and walked on the Black Cuillin ridge it bought back some very happy memories. Tend to agree with bjc about one or two of the images not on screen long enough, but I will definately be watching this again. Can you tell me what the music is please?

regards

Geoff

Sorry Geoff forgot this is my main reply.

Music is the End Title Theme from the film Braveheart by James Horner

Regards John