WnSoft Forums

Improved text objects in future PicturesToExe 5.7

Igor

We fully reworked text rendering for the future version 5.7 and it works in two times faster now and with improved visual quality.

Also we plan make vectorization of text objects when you create EXE file of a slideshow and it will guarantee:

- Displaying of used unique fonts (not presented on a PC where you run this slideshow).

- Flawless quality of text at any screen resolution (earlied you could use rasterized text to PNG image file with fixed pixel size.)

However we will keep "Rasterize text to PNG image" option for those users who want make post-processing of PNG in graphical editor for example.

I'd like to ask one question.

Does anybody use manual font size in text objects (disabled "Auto font quality" option)? We can keep it, just I'd like to know if somebody use it.

Igor,

As part of your rework of the text handling in PTE v5.7 would it be possible to include the ability for the user to nominate, perhaps in Project Options somewhere, which font and colour they want as their default values for Text objects; and for this nomination to be kept separate from the nominations for the font and colour of Comments text.

As you will be aware, this point has been raised several times in the past; but, as you are obviously working in this particular area as part of 5.7 development, it seems appropriate to mention it again under this topic.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Does anybody use manual font size in text objects (disabled "Auto-quality" option)? We can keep it, just I'd like to know if somebody use it.

Hi Igor

Not sure what is meant by the question, please clarify.

Regards

Yachtsman1

Eric,

If you look at the Properties tab in O&A for a Text Object, there is a tick box "Auto font quality". Most of the time, most users will leave this ticked. But if you un-tick it you get a box into which you can enter a numeric value for font size. In this manner you can ensure that all text across all slides has exactly the same font size.

I confess I didn't know this until Igor opened this topic on the forum. Just goes to show that even the so-called experts are still learning new things about PTE.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric,

If you look at the Properties tab in O&A for a Text Object, there is a tick box "Auto font quality". Most of the time, most users will leave this ticked. But if you un-tick it you get a box into which you can enter a numeric value for font size. In this manner you can ensure that all text across all slides has exactly the same font size.

I confess I didn't know this until Igor opened this topic on the forum. Just goes to show that even the so-called experts are still learning new things about PTE.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for the enlightenment, I didn't know about it either. That's one of the reasons I suggested a complete re-write of the manual would be a great benefit to all, this scratching around in the dark can be very frustrating.

Regards Eric

We fully reworked text rendering for the future version 5.7 and it works in two times faster now and with improved visual quality.

Also we plan make vectorization of text objects when you create EXE file of a slideshow and it will guarantee:

- Displaying of used unique fonts (not presented on a PC where you run this slideshow).

- Flawless quality of text at any screen resolution (earlied you could use rasterized text to PNG image file with fixed pixel size.)

However we will keep "Rasterize text to PNG image" option for those users who want make post-processing of PNG in graphical editor for example.

Does anybody use manual font size in text objects (disabled "Auto font quality" option)? We can keep it, just I'd like to know if somebody use it.

Hello Igor,

I have never udes the Auto font option.

The text rendering work you are doing will be highly appreciated, thank you.

Ralph

Hello,

Except one time for a demo/template for which I followed your recommandation to use this option for a smoother effect ( http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7290 ), I have never used it again.

Peter,

As part of your rework of the text handling in PTE v5.7 would it be possible to include the ability for the user to nominate, perhaps in Project Options somewhere, which font and colour they want as their default values for Text objects; and for this nomination to be kept separate from the nominations for the font and colour of Comments text.

As you will be aware, this point has been raised several times in the past; but, as you are obviously working in this particular area as part of 5.7 development, it seems appropriate to mention it again under this topic.

I remember about this request. We'll try to implement this suggestion to v5.7.

Scorpion,

Will the vectorization of text include text added, as a comment?

Yes. For all textes, including text comments and captions of buttons.

Tom,

I think the text editor in Objects and Animations is very very good. I have found it to be useful for creating graphic files with text outside of PTE slideshows (wallpaper, static introduction frames in flash videos). I create a slide and enable the navigation bar with the printer option. Then I run the presentation and save the slide as a .bmp or .jpg. If there was an option to save individual slides without running the presentation it would be even easier.

There is another way:

1. Click on a slideshow to choose it.

2. Press "Space" key on the keyboard to see fullscreen preview of this slide.

3. Press "PrintScreen" key on the keyboard to copy image of slideshow to the clipboard.

Igor,

Very pleased to see this development in the text area of PTE. :)

I have never changed the Auto font option from default so will not miss it if it is removed.

Eric,

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Just following this thread and tried to reproduce your explanation above. When I remove the tick from "auto font quality", the box which appears does not enable me to change the font SIZE, just its quality. However I believe it would be a useful feature to be able to specify a font size, as the present method of adding text means that the text size is dependent on the size of the text box and not the default font size. When making a show with similar text on different images, the only way to ensure that all the text is the same is to control the size of the text box.

Jeff

Disable "Auto Font quality", then the seize field will appear.

Regards,

Xaver

But Xaver, the box value alters the quality not the size, at least in my copy of PTE 5.6. Is this not correct?

But Xaver, the box value alters the quality not the size, at least in my copy of PTE 5.6. Is this not correct?

I think you are right. The seize of the text inside the slide seems to be determined only by the zoom parameters in the animation tab. The said seize parameter in the box only seems to have influence on the internal representation of the text object, all in all not very transparent for the user.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Jeff & Xaver,

I'm using Ver 5.5

Auto Font Quality only seems to maintain the quality of a text object that is Zoomed. If unselected and a low number is manually inserted in the box, the text quality deteriorates when size is increased by zoom. I fail to see the utility of this.

I agree with Jeff that it would be useful to be able to specify a consistent font size instead of having to change the size of the text box each time.

Regards,

Limey

Disable "Auto Font quality", then the seize field will appear.

Yeah , you're right , but I sure that "Auto Font Quality" is very benefit for Artistic users , and I believe that Igor should add a option again in the name "Auto Slide Quality" beside the "Auto Font Quality". it 's caused to use artistic slideshow for displaying our pictures or texts .

Best salute

We have finished this improvement for next version 5.7. I remember we were asked many times for this feature:

+ You can use any unique fonts for EXE file of slideshow now. PicturesToExe automatically will vectorize text objects and text comments and show text with highest quality at any display resolution. No need to use "Rasterize to PNG image" option in Objects and animation editor anymore.

+ Improved quality of text rendering.