WnSoft Forums

Exercices of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I’m using PTE since the end of January, and I’ve had quite a lot of fun to play with the possibility to make objects to come to live, thanks to PTE. Actually, as soon as I’ve seen JPD (Jean-Pierre Dolangère) playing with cubes, I wanted to be able to do the same ! (perhaps a second childhood !)

The biggest fault of JPD is his great kindness to let everybody able to find what he wants on his forum ! So I’ve been rapidly able to do “exercises” , now put together onto “Un Apprenti Sorcier” .

First, you’ll find an introduction : here is the English translation.

Since Ancient Greece and Rome, we know how to draw a regular pentagon and a stared one, with just a ruler and a compass

The regular dodecahedron, built with 12 regular pentagons, is one of the five solids of Platon.,

with the tetrahedron, the symbol of Fire

the cube, the symbol of the Earth

the octahedron, the symbol of the Air

and the icosahedron, the symbol of Water

The dodecahedron is the symbol of the Universe

The Golden Section is there omnipresent

Today, thanks to numerous software

- whose PTE**, of course -

the computer allows prodigious calculations of speed, of complexity and precision,

as well as often brilliant presentation of the results

**PTE harms our sleep. Consume in moderation

(Here we plagiarize the warning found on the alcohols bottle , and make a little joke in French with the word “nuit”, here a form of the verb “nuire” : to harm and the noun “nuit” : the night.)

On the ballet music of Coppelia by Léo Delibes

Exercices of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

according to Jean-Cyprien

Coppelius was a manufacturer of mechanical dolls, and on his old days, he dreamed of stealing a soul to give life to the most beautiful of his dolls,

Coppélia

What would he not have done with PTE ?

In fact, a sorcerer needs good magic words to perform his trick, and first, he needs to find these magic words. Here, the magic words are not “hocus pocus”, but the figure of the pentagon.

The last picture with the teacher report about my work is not intended to be read except the last words :

Just average as it is

Piece of work to be redone

I hope you’ll enjoy these exercises, as much as I’ve enjoyed making them.

http://diapositif.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33290

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE :

Don’t worry, up to the last microsecond, YOUR computer has NOTHING to fear ! (and the same, after the end !!!)

Jean-Cyprien

A very wonderfull work you did with new ideas and humoristic parts. As I told you at Diapositif's meeting in Ponthierry, I enjoy it very much.

Thanks for sharing.

Super Jean-Cyprien.

Many many thanks Peter for your kind comment, for a work which is so far from what you do. But I think each way to do a sequence could be enjoyable, and I yet said to you how lovely were those sequences you’ve showed to us at Ponthierry. Thanks again for your coming, delighted to meet you there.

Thanks a lot, Canteau, you’re very kind with me. But you’re still a challenge for me, specially with you 3D sequences. Note I’ve kept with me a lot of my master sorcerer ‘s powder to fly quicker…

I’m pleased, Admiral, you’ve find it amazing. Thank you.

LumenLux. Yes, PTE has a great power, and it’s very enjoyable to look at the result (and to work with).

But imagine if it was possible to obtain trapeziums and not only lozenges ???

A lot, a lot of thanks, Jean-Pierre, for your kind words. Yes, I was sure before the Ponthierry meeting you’ll appreciate the work, and enjoy the show. But you were the first one (with the cubes) and still are the top with what you share !

Thank Guru, but I’ve still a lot of things to learn about PTE.

Bonjour J-Cyprien

Truly magnificent, thanks so much for the masterpiece, we have so much to learn from all the French users of PTE, who in my opinion are simply the best in the world.

I admire the creativity and attention to detail, very artistic and fantastic to watch.

regards

ralph

I’m very pleased, Gérard, you’ve enjoyed this, this … oh, is it really a slideshow ? Not a lot of slides inside. Next time perhaps ! Thank you so much for your very kind comment, Gérard.

The construction and the rotation of the dodecahedron were my exercises (and the rotating globe – much easier to be done). It is necessary to make calculations for this. All the rest can be easily made, without the least calculation and specially the ballet (thumbnails of my great nephews and nieces). Just impressive, although rather simple to make. A pinch of magic powder, to try to dazzle you !!! Thank you TheDom for you congratulations.

Thanks a lot, Ralph, for your kind comment about my exercises, and your opinion about the French users of PTE. But all this is the result of the fine work of Igor, and his PTE ! It’s he who is to be thanked. Thank Igor !