PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #1

Igor

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic! It's already working better than we dreamed and it's only early beta! I love the ability to add multple images each with its own motion and transparency.

There will be a learning curve, but I'm very impressed with the features and the power you've implemented. We will have to begin a careful "How To" list because there are lots of new powerful possibilities here.

Thanks so much to the development team for getting out this great new powerful program!

Best regards,

Lin

Igor

I think your aware of these issues already, but it might help to keep them all in one place. My balloons demo is closing on the last slide now, but the music is repeating. I do not have the repeat music box ticked and I do have the close the show after the last slide selected.

On the project options main tab the line of text that says Permit control of show with keyboard or mouse is cut off halfway through the O in mouse.

Starting a preview of the slide show via a right mouse click repeats the music from the start. Wherever you start the preview the music starts from the beginning. I think you are aware of this already.

Barry

My Demo is here if you want to download it again

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/pte/balloon_demo.zip

Hi Igor

The pan and zoom effects are working well. I've tried to amend an existing sequence, and have found fome glitches:

1. My existing transitions were all 'fades', with most having customised times. All these customised ones have changed to 'circle out' transitions. The 'default' ones with unchanged times are still okay.

2. The 'text' and 'action buttons' on the object editor don't work.

3. The checkbox "Show Image" is missing.

4. When using and overlayed 24-bit .png file with transparant background in the Object Editor, the slide background image disappears in the slideshow image strip and only the .png image is visible.

5. Previewing from a set slide starts the image preview from the correct point, but the audio starts from the beginning instead of from the synchronised point.

6. The X and Y axes of the Zoom editor are currently set to forcing the same value.

7. When editing values in the Zoom/Pan/Rotate fields, an error message "Complaner Vectors in Basis" floating point error is generated if the system thinks a zero value is being entered even before the value is fully typed in.

I'm sure these are more oversights than real problems, so for a first release its looking good!

many thanks

Ian

Large a mercy Mr IGOR. That promises great flights with PTE to us. The tools which missed in the preceding version are present and well present. The concurence has only with good to be held and they will palir in front of succés which your program will obtain. Fabulous, Giant... respect Mr IGOR

I am in the middle of converting a former analogue sequence into PTE, for showing in a week's time. Version 5.0 has upset some of the previous settings and effects. For example the Show Image check box, which I uncheck so as to create a blank, is not available. Also the effects are limited, as explained by Igor in his introduction of the 5.0 beta #1. So I have had to revert to the previous version of PTE and cannot engage in testing at this point in time.

Ron [uK]

Sorry ... Very difficult to tempt some trials !

.... basic features missing + numerous error messages + from time to time freezing of the PC necessitating a warm boot (CTRL+ALT+Del not operative) + untimely internet connection trials and so on :blink::blink::blink:

THANK YOU Igor. :D:D:D

This beta temporarily doesn't include second graphical engine (same as in v4.4x) for old PCs with old video cards where Fade and other simple effects will work very well as in earlier versions of PicturesToExe.

[/ quote]

I will attempt to create something new with the available facilities and eagerly await the addition of the second graphical engine.

We are all so impatient, but now we have a chance to learn to use some new "Toys" and make sequences with the old version until you are ready. I hope you can enjoy this glorious sunny May day as much as we have. Yesterday I felt like Father Christmas had called! :D

With very grateful Thanks from a very sunny Wiltshire. :D

Maureen

Igor,

Version 5 beta is unbelievable !!

I have just created three test .exe files using a single 4500x3000 pixel image.

The .jpg file size of the image used was = 1,734KB

A one minute fully animated slideshow came out at 1,898KB

A two minute fully animated slideshow came out at 1,898KB

and

A three minute fully animated slideshow came out at 1,898KB

Pan and Zoom (up to 1000%) is as smooth as silk.

To say that this is an amazing achievement would be an understatement.

Thank you Igor !! Thank you very much !!

bjc

Igor - It's all been said now, but I must congratulate you and your team !

You will have more work to do now that we can all give v.5 a good testing.

It may be helpful to tell us exactly what features do NOT work just now, so we don't think there's a bug.

For instance, I cannot get the show options to work at all - the show just repeats and repeats. There will be others too I'm sure.

BUT SINCERE THANKS AGAIN MY FRIEND.

DEN (NE UK)

Clearly this beta version is absolutely not intended for end-users.

Igor you provided us an incomplete and unusable product in the state.

The stress was laid on the new functions of Pan and zoom but they cannot be tested by the majority of us !!!

As is for the object editor ... unusable and incomprehensible, except for very few of us.

Apart from these gadgets ... nothingness !

The disappointment is immense.

if you install the beta over or in the default folder you kind of up the proverbial creek

but if you install theis program

http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html

and you have multiple versions of p2e installed in separate folders you train this program to open the version you want

so if you have the beta installed in the default folder

re install v4.48 in a separate folder

install the openexpert program and train it with r mouse action to open version you wish

they also have a shell application that gives Irfanview more smarts

IrfanView ShellExtension 1.02

Before you download new version and new examples of slide-shows please attentively read the next text:

1) It's a very earlier beta and it temporarily doesn't include many features and functions existed in previous versions. Currently it contains only Fade and Circle transition effects and not synchronized background music which starts a little earlier than first slide. If you didn't find some function, it means that it's not implemented yet, because this version of PicturesToExe was fully re-written.

ken

I thought, when I saw the Pan/Zoom/Rotate working than the functions we had in 4.48 would work. It seem I'll be obliged to wait some times, because I am not abble to do a slideshow with only these 3 effects.

Barry, very nice, but one of your balloon isn't in the good direction :-)))

1) It's a very earlier beta and it temporarily doesn't include many features and functions existed in previous versions. Currently it contains only Fade and Circle transition effects and not synchronized background music which starts a little earlier than first slide. If you didn't find some function, it means that it's not implemented yet, because this version of PicturesToExe was fully re-written.

That's the problem... clearly for beta testers and absolutely not fitted to end users.

That has to be clearly said.

Of course I installed this version apart from the v4 !!!

Problems are so numerous that I find it of no sense to try it (I have no time to try an try again).

I unsinstalled v5 waiting for a more stable and, most of all, complete version.

Clearly this beta version is absolutely not intended for end-users.

Igor you provided us an incomplete and unusable product in the state.

The stress was laid on the new functions of Pan and zoom but they cannot be tested by the majority of us !!!

As is for the object editor ... unusable and incomprehensible, except for very few of us.

Apart from these gadgets ... nothingness !

The disappointment is immense.

I think some people have mis-understood the purpose of the Beta release. This is NOT the finished product - Igor has released this early version so that users can play around with it and identify the problems that need to be fixed. He is asking for our help in bug-hunting at this stage so that they can be ironed out.

Ian

Thank you that you noticed problem with editor when it attempt to set Internet connection. Earlier it thought that it's a bug of my firewall Agnitum Outpost, but I see now that it's serious problem. PTE doesn't set any Internet connections, of course! Outpost informed that when we initialize DirectX mode some loaded to application system libraries (DirectX DLL modules) attempt to set Internet connection. We'll try to solve this problem in the next beta. Sorry for this problem!

You see that we still have enough work with v5.00 but after we created new graphical engine and new system of scalable objects all "old" features will be quickly realized.

Patrick,

Please a little patience. This is an earlier beta for beta-testers only, I agree it's not fully public version. We will not publish it on our web site. Just to play a little bit with Pan/Zoom effects who want to have earlier look on future v5.00 When all will be OK, it will be called v5.00 final release.

I consider that for more than 2000 pages of very complex new code it's a good result with only a couple of serious bugs only.

Thank you, Ian for letting me know about several problems:

4. When using and overlayed 24-bit .png file with transparant background in the Object Editor, the slide background image disappears in the slideshow image strip and only the .png image is visible.

Please send me such PNG image to int_support (_at_) wnsoft.com

6. The X and Y axes of the Zoom editor are currently set to forcing the same value.

You need to uncheck small button between two X and Y edit controls.

7. When editing values in the Zoom/Pan/Rotate fields, an error message "Complaner Vectors in Basis" floating point error is generated if the system thinks a zero value is being entered even before the value is fully typed in.

Temporal warning for us. It will be fixed.

Other problem are temporal limitations of the first beta.

Patrick,

Please a little patience. This is an earlier beta for beta-testers only, I agree it's not fully public version. We will not publish it on our web site. Just to play a little bit with Pan/Zoom effects who want to have earlier look on future v5.00 When all will be OK, it will be called v5.00 final release.

I have patience since 8 months :D

Thank you for expressely pin pointing the fact that it is intended for beta testers only.

That was not so obvious in your annoucment even if it is called a beta version. This one is very far to be at an end !

I will wait a few months more !

Sorry to add my comments to the thread and I fully understand that this is a beta version.

Downloaded the zip file and installed in a SEPARATE directory. So I still have previous version. Can run program, but as soon as I try to use the new visual editor, the program tries to access the web and loacks up. Can exit via usual CTRL + ALT + DEL but unable to try any of new features.

Jeff

Igor,

Thank-you very much for posting this new beta - as you must have noticed, the troops were getting restless, so this should quell most of the scepticism about whether it would even be possible to implement the "Ken Burns" effects into PTE.

Personally, at first glance, I like the way you have redesigned the Object Editor, and the ease at which it is possible to set "before and after" views of the various objects. Very clever and user-friendly! Of course we miss the "text" object, but that will come. I thought I noticed some text objects in your demos, though.

And, it is now possible to quickly resize objects added to the Object Editor - a feature which was lacking in earlier versions.

We all await the incorporation over the next few months of the rest of the many features which make PTE such a great and flexible program.

Al,

Text objects will be in the next beta versions, but please download source files of my PteShow demo and you'll find that I used graphical editor to create perfect text with fine smooth shadow and saved it as transparent PNG image. One large text labels with shadow takes only 40 KB of file size.

Patrick,

OK! After this additional month or two, pleas write me all what you think about PTE and v5.00 in particularity :D