-
Posts
1,459 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
16
jt49's Achievements
Advanced Member (6/6)
-
IMO, the arguments against the suggestion for "Timeline-Scaling in O&A" are based on supposition (German: Vermutung). But there are situations in which this feature would be very helpful. So, I would regard it as appropriate (angemessen) to ask for this feature.
-
Several users, including myself, have already asked for this feature, but it has never been realized. It's a pity 🥲
-
Zoom is not a suitable methode to achieve an outlined text. It cannot work 😒
-
PTE describes positions and sizes of objects using percents. Pixel values are not involved. So, if you work in O&A using percent (%) for the inputs of Pan and Zoom, the precise values of "Virtual size of slide" don't play any role, provided that the entries describe the correct aspect ratio. So, for any 16to9-project it does not make a difference, if the virtual size is 3840x2160, or 1920x1080, or just 16x9. The situation is different if you work with Pan and Zoom in the uncomfortable way using pixels (px). In this case you should chose for virtual size the resolution of the device on which in the end the show will be presented. Nevertheless, as said above, in PTE's project files pixel values for Pan and Zoom will not occur. Everything will be transformed to percents. And working in O&A with percents allows you to position the objects with high precision.
-
I know the correct behavoir from earlier versions, but v11 seems to have the same bug. Edit: v11 does not have the same bug!
-
I see the same problem in version 11. Edit: I made a mistake, I created the BIZ in v11, but tested it in v12 😞
-
Hi Denis, I just made a short test with v12: I produced a BIZ, I unzipped it, .pte shows isTemplate=1, but the included image comes from the original folder 😞
-
When I create a new PTE project, I typically use images from several folders, each of which contains lots of images. Having finished the project, I use the Backup in zip for collecting all media in use within a single folder that I can save in my archive of PTE projects. This is the reason why I like the Backup in zip as it is now. There is one thing that I do not like with project file from the zip Backup: It still seems to use the paths to the original images. IMO it should use the copied images in the folder of the unzipped Backup. Of course its is easy to change the paths using a workaround: I change the name of the root folder of my large image collection; then I open the project in the folder of the unzipped Backup (now PTE does not find the original images and automatically switches to the copies in the same folder), then I save the project and close it. Then I rename the root folder again.
-
In older versions of PTE we had a problem with images having the same name (located in different folders). Version 12 uses renaming to solve the problem. Having a complex tree stucture in the backup in zip is a matter of taste. I myself would not like it. Maybe, PTE could offer the feature as an option?
-
Sometimes you may have keyframes that differ only by a few milliseconds in time 😊
-
It's fine to have this new feature that I have waited for quite long 😉
-
Trying to make a circle around part of an image.
jt49 replied to targa911's topic in General Discussion
A slightly more sophisticated construction: Simple_Circle.zip -
It happens again and again. The original poster asks for a particular feature, here "Text size". It might be helpful to present lots of workarounds, but they should be posted in seperate topics! Otherwise, the original topic looses its way.
-
I think, we already have a parameter for text size that is compatible with PTE's object model: It is just the Zoom value of a single line. Of course there is a problem. If we add additional lines and change the Line spacing, the "text size" does not show up any more. My suggestion: There should be an additional box (beside Alignment and Line spacing in the text object's Properties) showing the corresponding Zoom value for a single line. One may call it "text size". So, entering some lines of text, the value for Line spacing and the Text size would (automatically) determine the text's Zoom value.
-
Is there any new information regarding "Blending Modes"?