WnSoft Forums

Slideshow for Mac in v5.7 Beta 3

Igor

I'd like to reply on a question from French forum.

Slideshow for Mac created in PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 is a folder with files. If you want to publish it in Internet, pack this folder into a ZIP archive.

On Mac this folder looks as a single executable file (like EXE file in Windows). Double click on this "folder" will run the slideshow.

Igor,

Ok tried again with a simple show and it worked. Then went back to my old project and found the following problems.

In window mode 1024x768: double click on the app and it starts but I get the following window warning "opt_exefn - Empty"; I then click on OK and the show starts in windows mode.

In full screen the show starts only after I press the space bar, but I don't recall having this set in the project options.

However, THE SHOW WORKS!!! And the quality is beautiful! Now I can't wait for the full Mac version!

Thanks!!

I'd like to reply on a question from French forum.

Slideshow for Mac created in PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 is a folder with files. If you want to publish it in Internet, pack this folder into a ZIP archive.

On Mac this folder looks as a single executable file (like EXE file in Windows). Double click on this "folder" will run the slideshow.

I want to e-mail the Mac output to a friend to try on his Mac. Do I also pack the whole folder into a ZIP archive and send him the .zip file? Can I use WinZip to produce the .zip file?

Now that we have a Macplayer with a really marvellous quality, and being of some assistance as a beta tester, I like to say that the professionally and friendly way of having contact with the WinSoft team was impressive. Developers like Igor and Dmitry proved to be very effective and we, as PtE community, can be verry happy with this clever guys for working on our favourite application...

When some betatesting for the real Mac version is needed, I'll be glad to help again.

regards,

Henri

Thanks, Henri!

Rob,

Then went back to my old project and found the following problems.

In window mode 1024x768: double click on the app and it starts but I get the following window warning "opt_exefn - Empty"; I then click on OK and the show starts in windows mode.

In full screen the show starts only after I press the space bar, but I don't recall having this set in the project options.

Thanks, we'll fix this issue.

wideangle,

Now that P2E is moving to include the Mac platform, which will need more man hours for development, is it reasonable to assume that the development under Windows will slow down in order to accommodate this?
During past 18 months when we've started work on Mac output option and future Mac's slideshow editor we also released PC's versions 5.5, 5.6 and now 5.7 Beta with a lot of new features.

Igor will it be possible to make mac compatible auto run CD's on which the slideshows are menu driven? Congratulations to you and your team for the constant improvements to PTE.

Regards

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...
Slideshow player for PC and Mac has much of common code. Mac version of course uses OpenGL, PC's one - DirectX 3D.

Our next task is a complete slideshow editor for Mac.

Hi

I have just caught up with this thread (reference my response to the Linux query ;) )

It's good to know that we MAC users are still in the loop :).

Cheers

Geoffrey