WnSoft Forums

Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

Dominique,

Do you speaking about Blurring parameter for a keyframe with interpolation of blur values between keyframes of an object?

Or static blurring, like current option "Blur" but with adjustment?

Kalain,

beta 18. (Win XP)

In O&A window, in Object list, if you want to add a picture with short cut (Ctrl+1) it doesn't work if you use Ctrl + 1 from numerical keypad.

Ctrl + 1 works only if you use "1" key from main keyboard.

Problem is the same for all others short cuts : Ctrl + 1, 2, 3, ....

Thanks, it will be fixed in Beta 19.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dominique,

Do you speaking about Blurring parameter for a keyframe with interpolation of blur values between keyframes of an object?

Or static blurring, like current option "Blur" but with adjustment?

Hello Igor, what I have in mind is a new "blur" parameter that would work the same way PZR do.

For each keyframe, you can modify the amount of blur for your object (image object or text object) from 0 (no blur) to 100 (very blurry).

Does it correspond to your first option "Blurring parameter for a keyframe with interpolation of blur values between keyframes of an object" ? :unsure:

If it does, it would be awesome !

beta18 (win XP)

when several object are selected in O&A object list, "Create new key frame here" button doesn't work or should be disabled.

I don't know in this case how this button should behave neither what are intentions of Wnsoft team developper about this.

post-4940-125437801457_thumb.jpg

Though it is possible to select multiple keyframes, the message above does say" select a keyframe," (not select keyframes) so the intent is not to create multiple keyframes simultaneously. You only see a timeline for one object at a time. The blue "arrow" marker stays when you create a keyframe then select a second object, so you may once again click on the "Create a New Keyframe Here" if you wish to create a keyframe for the second object at the identical time.

It probably wouldn't be helpful, or would at least possibly be confusing to most to create multiple keyframes for multiple objects simultaneously, so I'm assuming that you would like the "Create a New Keyframe Here" message to not be available by either being greyed our or invisible when multiple keyframes are selected? The purpose of allowing multiple keyframes to be selected is either for deletion or to copy them as far as I know.

Best regards,

Lin

Dominique,

Hello Igor, what I have in mind is a new "blur" parameter that would work the same way PZR do.

For each keyframe, you can modify the amount of blur for your object (image object or text object) from 0 (no blur) to 100 (very blurry).

Does it correspond to your first option "Blurring parameter for a keyframe with interpolation of blur values between keyframes of an object" ? :unsure:

If it does, it would be awesome !

Probably it would be better to create dedicated topic in "Ideas and suggestions...". This feature will require using of more complex using of video card. I wouldn't harry with it, because only video cards since 2003 year support this feature (Pixel Shaders 2.0+).

Kalain,

beta18 (win xp)

In O&A window, in Object list Ctrl+A short cut doesn't work, neither if you choose on right click menu "Select all Ctrl+A".

Thanks, I'll try fix it.

Probably it would be better to create dedicated topic in "Ideas and suggestions...". This feature will require using of more complex using of video card. I wouldn't harry with it, because only video cards since 2003 year support this feature (Pixel Shaders 2.0+).

Igor, thank you for your answer.

Actually, I already started a topic in "Ideas and suggestions" three months ago : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10132

I just took the opportunity of your answer to the bug reported by Xaver (text and blurred picture) to try to promote this suggestion.

I thought you could use a bug to transform it into a new feature ! :lol:

Sorry for this lack of discipline. :)

Igor,

A new bug in v6. Previous version v5.6.4 worked OK.

I set up a manually controlled show with the mouse buttons programmed for Left=Next and Right=Previous. The mouse is always visible and control via the keyboard is permitted. The sequence runs as I would expect. I can change slides using either the mouse buttons or the cursor arrow keys.

I then add a Nav Bar customised to show just the Next and Previous buttons and set to be always visible at the bottom of the screen. Again everything works OK. I can change the slides using the Nav Bar or the mouse buttons or the cursor arrow keys on the keyboard.

I now disable the Nav Bar. Now I can change slides only via the cursor arrow keys. The mouse buttons have also been disabled!

regards,

Peter

RE: 3-D parameters

When "Show back side" is unclicked, the back side becomes transparent, thus revealing whatever is underneath, such as another picture.

It would be nice if one had the option of specifying, say, a solid colour, so that the back of the rotating image would cover (i.e., block out) whatever is underneath it and not let it be seen.

My apologies if this is being posted in the wrong place.

Ernest

Hi Ernest,

That's specifically the purpose of the ability to show back side or not, please download and view my tutorial on this here and you will understand how it works. In short, you "can" already do what you suggest. It is all explained in the tutorial. It's number 16 (currently the last tutorial in the list).

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7901

Best regards,

Lin

When "Show back side" is unclicked, the back side becomes transparent, thus revealing whatever is underneath, such as another picture.

It would be nice if one had the option of specifying, say, a solid colour, so that the back of the rotating image would cover (i.e., block out) whatever is underneath it and not let it be seen.

My apologies if this is being posted in the wrong place.

Ernest

Lin:

Many thanks for your quick response!

I now see (from your fine tutorial) that what I was asking for can be done by creating an opaque back to the rotated picture by creating that back as a child to that picture. It is certainly a more versatile way than what I was suggesting.

Thanks again -- much appreciated!

Ernest

Hi,

I have a problem, don't know if it's me, my kit or v6.0 beta 18.

If I 'run' a slide in O&A the size of the slide expands to 100%, which in all cases is bigger than the viewable window. The 100% option sees to be big, irrespective of the aspect ratio set, the size of the original image or the 'virtual size of slide'. Only if, in screen options, I fix the size of the slide, does the viewing behave normally.

I'm running on XP using a GeForce nVidia 9800 GTX+ card at 1920 x 1200.

Any help would be appreciated, Howard.

Hi Howard,

It's normal for the slide to be larger than the viewing area at 100% because whatever your native resolution for display happens to be, 100% would represent that size for the image and there is less than 100% of the screen available for viewing.

What you need to do is to click in the little block to the left of "close" on the small down arrow in the little blue square and change 100% to something less. If you choose "Auto" it will size the image to fit the available screen space. The purpose of having multiple choices is to allow the user to see not only the image itself, but also objects which may have been placed outside of the viewing area for "fly-in" or other animation effects. Sometimes when creating special animations, I have to manually type in a number as small as 2 percent to be able to see the ends of some PNG objects resting outside of the viewable area of the screen.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello !

I am a Mac user and I run Picture2exe in a virtual machine using Virtualbox and Windows XP SP3.

I'd like to know if it is possible to download old versions of Picture2exe 6 beta ? I can only find the last beta. This version now asks me to upgrade to Direct X 9 (avalaible in my virtual machine...) or to upgrade the driver of my graphic card ! :(

Thanks for answers... JCG

Hello !

I am a Mac user and I run Picture2exe in a virtual machine using Virtualbox and Windows XP SP3.

Hi JCG,

Maybe this is off topic but I think my answer can be rather short: I've tried virtual machines on my iMac and it didn't work well with PtE because the virtual machine didn't use the graphical card in the way PtE demands.

After installing Windows XP sp2 with Bootcamp everything went fine! You indeed have to restart, but I think in this case, with a lot of graphical mathwork, that's better too. For this you must have an Intel Mac, of course.

regards,

Henri.

Lin, thanks for getting back so quickly. Yes, I'm comfortable with using the scaling pull down, but could you check out it's functionality for me on your machine please.

In v5.6, if I set the scale to Auto, the image fits nicely in the window. If I then click 'Play' there is no change to the size of the image in the window. If I do the same thing in V6.0 however, when I click on 'Play' the image resizes up to 100% during play and afterwards, until I rescale. This happens no matter what original scaling I set.

Thanks, Howard

Hi Lin,

OK, looks like it might be a problem with this system. I've just tried the same on a different computer (uses an ATI 3850 video card on a 1920 x 1080 screen) and it behaves correctly, as per v5.6.

Is there anyone out there with an NVidia card (ideally the same spec as mine, 9800 GTX+) who could check this for me?

Thanks, Howard

Hello !

I'd like to know if it is possible to download old versions of Picture2exe 6 beta ? I can only find the last beta. This version now asks me to upgrade to Direct X 9 (avalaible in my virtual machine...) or to upgrade the driver of my graphic card ! :(

We require hardware acceleration (Direct 3D of DirectX 9+) for the main program of PicturesToExe. Because this new version has many features that exclusively based on hardware acceleration (3D transform for objects, 3D transitions effects between slides, "Anti-shimmering" option for Images and Text, Masks objects). For a created slideshow author still can decide use or don't use hardware acceleration.

I heard that a new version of VMWare 7.0 (beta already available) will be released soon with full support of DirectX 9 and Direct 3D. It even will support Aero inteface of Windows Vista and Windows 7 (also based on Direct 3D). So future VMWare should handle PicturesToExe under Mac.

Igor,

A new bug in v6. Previous version v5.6.4 worked OK.

I set up a manually controlled show with the mouse buttons programmed for Left=Next and Right=Previous. The mouse is always visible and control via the keyboard is permitted. The sequence runs as I would expect. I can change slides using either the mouse buttons or the cursor arrow keys.

I then add a Nav Bar customised to show just the Next and Previous buttons and set to be always visible at the bottom of the screen. Again everything works OK. I can change the slides using the Nav Bar or the mouse buttons or the cursor arrow keys on the keyboard.

I now disable the Nav Bar. Now I can change slides only via the cursor arrow keys. The mouse buttons have also been disabled!

regards,

Peter

Thank you, Peter!

I confirm this bug. We'll resolve this issue in the next Beta 19.

After installing Windows XP sp2 with Bootcamp everything went fine! You indeed have to restart, but I think in this case, with a lot of graphical mathwork, that's better too. For this you must have an Intel Mac, of course.

I will consider this option if virtualisation is an issue. But it was a nice solution for me with Picture2exe 5.6 and earlier... :(

For a created slideshow author still can decide use or don't use hardware acceleration.

How can I do that ?? On my virtual machine, Picture2exe 6.0 asks me every time I start it for the DirectX upgrade. Even when I only would like to modify an old slideshow, created with the 5.6 version.

I heard that a new version of VMWare 7.0 (beta already available) will be released soon with full support of DirectX 9 and Direct 3D. It even will support Aero inteface of Windows Vista and Windows 7 (also based on Direct 3D). So future VMWare should handle PicturesToExe under Mac.

Perhaps... But Virtualbox is a free solution. Not WMmare :(

JCG

But Virtualbox is a free solution. Not WMmare :(

JCG

Hi JCG,

Bootcamp is a free solution too!

And then you have the whole computer(partition) for you and PtE...

You probably know that in the meantime, with Windows-drivers certified and approved by Apple, the Mac has become one of the best Windows-computers and with all the new possibilities the WnSoft team has developed, like the brandnew 3D algorhythms, I really think it's better to use the latest versions of PtE in a clean configuration and not embedded.

But of course you can stay with an older version of PtE...

I don't know which Mac you have, I suppose the iMac or MacBook Pro like the most of us working with graphical stuff (being the Mac Pro really expensive).

I'm afraid the Mac Mini is less advisable for these algorhythms, because the graph.card is not separated from the mainboard, although good enough for slight transitions like simple dissolves and fades probably.

regards,

Henri.