WnSoft Forums

Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

... But may be the rendering is now exact in v6b16 and was incorrect in v5.6.4 ...

The Times New Roman letter "x" in v6.0 Beta 16 looks crooked (in 2 places, compare it with MS Office or OpenOffice). There are also deficiencies in the rendering of Brush Script: The pair of letters "xt" should be connected, but x and t are separated in v6.0B16. I found one or two other fonts where the "x" does not look good!

Regards,

Xaver

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel,

I checked up for this problem. And it's normal behaviour, because at 3th point you first time created EXE file and probably choosed unique name different from project name. For this reason the program ask you save the project again. Next time it will not ask you anymore until you use Create As to give another EXE file name.

I just tried and couldn't reproduce described problem. Probably you have missed a point with creating EXE file like in previous problem?

Hello Igor I have checked again several times with the following conditions and results :

case 1 :

1)I made a project with v 6.0b15

2)I saved my project by "save as" myslideshowname.pte

3)I created an EXE file (PTE suggest to put it in the same folder with the same name myslideshowname.exe

4)I close the project by clicking on the red cross

and then a window pops-up requiring to save the project again even if no modification was made in between 2) and 4)

- repeating this sequence the result seems always the same

case 2 :

1)I made a project

2)I saved my project by "save as" myslideshowname.pte

3)I created an EXE file (PTE suggest to put it in the same folder with the same name myslideshowname.exe

4)I try to open a new project

and then a window pops-up requiring to save the project again even if no modification was made in between 2) and 4)

- repeating this sequence the result seems not always the same sometimes window pops-up requiring to save the project again sometimes not.....??

case 3 :

1)I made a project

2)I saved my project

3)I try to open a new project

- there is no problem (sorry for the error in my previous mail)

I hope it could be usefull for you.

Daniel

Daniel,

You have made a change between steps 2 and 4 in your both your cases: you have created an exe of a particular name. This fact is stored within the .pte project file and therefore, when you try and close PTE via the red/white "X" button, PTE quite correctly asks you to save the project again.

regards,

Peter

Hi Xaver,

That's strange - it looks perfectly normal in my v6.0 Beta here:

Lin

newtimesroman.jpg

The Times New Roman letter "x" in v6.0 Beta 16 looks crooked (in 2 places, compare it with MS Office or OpenOffice). There are also deficiencies in the rendering of Brush Script: The pair of letters "xt" should be connected, but x and t are separated in v6.0B16. I found one or two other fonts where the "x" does not look good!

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

Really strange - it doesn't look that way on any of my three systems.

Lin

Igor,

There might be a bug in the text rendering. The attached images show the presentation of the letter "x" in Times New Roman, one version produced with v5.6, the other one with v6.0_beta16.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-125379765357_thumb.jpg post-5382-12537967195_thumb.jpg

Hi Xaver,

I just tested the lower case X in beta 16, 15 and 14 and each have the "crooked" small X, but not for the "bold" - only for normal X. I also checked 5.6 and there it looks normal. So "some" characters are not being reproduced faithfully while other are. Very strange. There must be a flaw in the vector math somewhere....

Lin

Hi Lin,

Please try the small "x". So, Xaver (written in Times New Roman) will look good :)

Regards,

Xaver

Lin,

I just tested the lower case X in beta 16, 15 and 14 and each have the "crooked" small X, but not for the "bold" - only for normal X. I also checked 5.6 and there it looks normal. So "some" characters are not being reproduced faithfully while other are. Very strange. There must be a flaw in the vector math somewhere....

Please attach two screenshots. I don't see any difference for small text on my PC.

Due to vectorization we use same form of text symbols for any visual size. In opposite Windows varies view of text depending on its visual size. Theoretically we can add one more parameter to slightly adjust form of text - I'm afraid it will complicate more the program.

Currently the benefits of new text is same view of text in slideshows for PC and Mac.

Dominique,

I noticed something a little bit annoying since v5.00 about the Center parameter.

If you move the center with your mouse (with SHIFT key pressed), you move the center on screen and you can put it where you want.

But if you type values for the center in the "animation" tab, the center stays where it is on the screen and that's the object which is panned (to keep the center where it is on screen).

The way it works with the mouse seems logical to me.

Igor, is it possible to make it work the same way if you type values ?

Both methods are good. We should keep and current way, too. I'm afraid it can be leaved for next version only, sorry.

Daniel,

You have made a change between steps 2 and 4 in your both your cases: you have created an exe of a particular name. This fact is stored within the .pte project file and therefore, when you try and close PTE via the red/white "X" button, PTE quite correctly asks you to save the project again.

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

thanks for your reply but I confirm that there is no change in namming proces between step 2 and 4 as reported in my previous post!

In both cases the name is suggested by PTE itself; only (and obviously) the extension has changed.

Best regards.

Daniel

Hi Igor,

I emailed you examples which show the issue with lowercase "x" in Times New Roman font.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Please attach two screenshots. I don't see any difference for small text on my PC.

Due to vectorization we use same form of text symbols for any visual size. In opposite Windows varies view of text depending on its visual size. Theoretically we can add one more parameter to slightly adjust form of text - I'm afraid it will complicate more the program.

Currently the benefits of new text is same view of text in slideshows for PC and Mac.

Dominique,

Both methods are good. We should keep and current way, too. I'm afraid it can be leaved for next version only, sorry.

Hello Igor,

About PTE version 6.0 beta 17:

There is something wrong with the frame of Project Options.

It's to small in the Dutch, German and Spanish languages.

The buttons are not completely visible.

In the English language everything is fine.

Thanks and greetings,

Cor

A really minor issue (cosmetic) : when you select multiple slide, in Customize slide, instead of "Loop this slide", the option "Custom" appears.

But if you click ok, it works perfectly, the "Loop this slide" option is set for all slides selected.

Observation with 'Pan Along Z-Axis'

Playing with my example shown here, I made the following observation (v6Beta17): I started with the scene shown in the first attachment. The second attachment shows the intermediate scene after a pan along the z-axis (new feature of v6). The third attachment shows the result after zooming back to the original size. This zoom looks blurred and has not been resampled (in the preview and in the mini player).

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-125413833409_thumb.jpg

post-5382-125413835704_thumb.jpg

post-5382-125413838785_thumb.jpg

Dominique,

Thanks, I'll fix the issue with Slide properties dialog.

Xaver,

I've reproduced the problem with blurred picture.

Also we've fixed the problem with font quality. Quality of text will be perfect in the next Beta 18 tomorrow. Thank you!

Hi,

beta 18. (Win XP)

In O&A window, in Object list, if you want to add a picture with short cut (Ctrl+1) it doesn't work if you use Ctrl + 1 from numerical keypad.

Ctrl + 1 works only if you use "1" key from main keyboard.

Problem is the same for all others short cuts : Ctrl + 1, 2, 3, ....

Regards