WnSoft Forums

A BRIEF SNAPSHOT OF YORKSHIRE

A Brief Snapshot of Yorkshire. Yorkshire is a large county in the North of England famous, amongst other things, for its high moorland, beautiful Dales villages and its coast. 'A Brief Snapshot' because this presentation concerns itself with North Yorkshire only. These are not my photographs but were taken by one of my sons, a keen amateur photographer, who was pleased for me to make them into a slideshow.

My thanks again to Bill at www.beechbrook.com/pte

Maureen

I don't often make comments about PTE shows but this one cannot go without comment.

Superb photography and well put together.

Mark is to be congratulated on getting the waterfalls and snow shots "spot on". No burned out water or snow.

I shall keep this one to show friends an example of something to aspire to.

DG

Maureen -

Great image clarity, contrast & color. However, for me, the music didn't work at all.

Greg Gordon

Maureen,

Your son Mark is to be congratulated on his excellent shots. He obviously has a good eye for photography.

The waterfall and river shots were superb and I noticed that with some shots he got down low which gave the picture

a good perspective. I also enjoyed his shots taken in the late afternoon. WELL DONE!

Thank you for producing the slideshow on Marks' behalf and sharing with us.

Colin

Thanks, everyone, for comments. I have passed them onto my son and he is delighted and encouraged.

What may be of interest to some is that all of the photographs were taken - not in RAW - but in high quality Jpegs. Most, of course, taken tripod mounted.

Maureen

Maureen,

Both you and Mark are to be congratulated. I would be proud to take photographs as good as his are. I particularly like the lighting, composition and colours. The show flows well for me and I personally like the music, it does not compete against the pictorial element but augments it.

Paul Zietsman

Maureen,

Both you and Mark are to be congratulated. I would be proud to take photographs as good as his are. I particularly like the lighting, composition and colours. The show flows well for me and I personally like the music, it does not compete against the pictorial element but augments it.

Paul Zietsman

Thanks, Paul. I spent a long time trying and listening to different pieces of music - this one just seemed to click with me.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

What a lovely sequence of images of my home county. Watching it made me feel quite homesick: and I live there! :D So many reminders of places I haven't re-visited in the "digital age", places where I have been - but only back in the days of slide film. I think you and your son have inspired me to get out into my own "backyard" more often this year. Thanks for sharing this with me. The three goes it took to get a complete download were worth the effort (Don't ask me what went wrong, I don't know).

regards,

Peter

Hi Maureen,

Your son has a great eye and must have carefully watched his histogram when he took those pictures, (in JPEG you said). Great clarity and perfect light in the pictures. It is nice to see a show where the quality of the pictures is paid so much attention to.

Thanks for showing.

Bert

Maureen,

It is obvious that Mark has inherited your fine eye and photographic skills. I have watched this show 3 times already and I am still awed by the photography. The waterfalls are exquisite and he has done a fine job of capturing the silky smoothness. I loved the ruined structures (churches? abbeys? castles?). Is there some place I can read about them? However, by far my favorite photo was the hay bales in the setting sun. What gorgeous light! And, last but not least, your masterful assembly of the photos into the slideshow has done them (and your son) credit. I personally thought the music was perfect and I liked the way you took us from one season to another. You should both be very proud of what you have accomplished. Thank you for sharing it with us!

I think that there is no need for any further comment on the images. So let me offer two recommendations regarding other aspects:

• You could improve the positive impact by taking more care on the synchronization. Let the transitions follow the rhythmic and melodic structure of the music.
  • Get rid of the white border. Follow the recommendations of Maureen Albright (see here).

Regards,

Xaver

LOL - That will teach me to look at the "handle" as well as the first name - I confused you with Maureen Albright who has been under the weather the past few days.... We have two talented "Maureen's" from the U.K. here....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Maureen,

A pleasure to view and excellent work all around!! Congrats! Hope you're feeling better...

Best regards,

Lin

I think that there is no need for any further comment on the images. So let me offer two recommendations regarding other aspects:

• You could improve the positive impact by taking more care on the synchronization. Let the transitions follow the rhythmic and melodic structure of the music.
  • Get rid of the white border. Follow the recommendations of Maureen Albright (see here).

Regards,

Xaver

I am grateful, Xaver, for your comments. I am trying to improve my synchronisations of music and images. However, as for the border - I like it. Pictures look more 'finished' with a border, than without even though it's probably in just my opinion.

Maureen

Maureen