WnSoft Forums

Is it just me or...

trailertrash

Is PTE becoming so complex that the new/average user who wants to create a show for family/friends isnt going to be able to use/understand it.

I have to admit that the idea of having to right click to find some of the menus and search tool bars is a chore. The latest thing about slide durations has gone right over my head. I have no idea what thats about. Why cant the duration reflect the total slide time only [ inc the transition time ]Then theres no sums to be done. While P2E remains unsurpassed for quality and now that video has been included thats all great, but not if the new/average user finds it so daunting they run off to proshow or some other app. Come on Igor, more user friendly for us little guys.

Andrew

I have been convinced for some time now that there is a real need for a new user interface that, for the novice user, "holds their hand" and guides them step-by-step through the complexities of this fantastically feature-rich product.

regards,

Peter

(Specific) Suggestions to Igor on a postcard?B)

DG

Thing is tho Dave, I accept that I'm not experienced enough to tell Igor how to advance this programme. However, I cant be alone in feeling that there's a lot of work in finding and understanding the various functions. I'd prefer it if they were on show rather that in the BG and I have to search for the. A new user interface is definitely on my wish list.

Start off your suggestion - "As a new user, I would like to see..............................."

When you are used to navigating around PTE it is sometimes difficult to understand why the new user has a particular difficulty.

A new user is sometimes more qualified than an "old hand" at spotting such things?

DG

Trailortrash

Of course you are experienced enough to comment on PTE. My granny has never driven a car, but she knows when one is being driven badly. Your suggestions may have a lot more validity than those from the enthusiasts.

I suggested a while back that there was a need for a simple flow chart (wizard) for those who just want to create a simple slide show. Or for thosewho are just getting started with PTE and don't want to commit a year of their life learning new software. When you think what you actually need to make a slide show run, from all the project options tabs? Its very little compared to all the options packed in there.

As consumers we all demand zillions of options, but then they get in the way of us learning the bits we need to know.