WnSoft Forums

A different take on Remembrance

Howard Bagshaw

Hi,

This is the first time I've posted a link to one of my sequences. The sequence 'Ride to the Wall' relates to Remembrance, but from a different slant.

Sequence is 16:10 format, images 1400x875px, 34Mb, 4min 15sec long, for a general audience. All pictures taken by me on 1st October this year.

Download from www.staffs-av.org.uk/AVs/Ride.zip

I hope that you like it, but would welcome any comments.

Howard

Howard -

I thought your show "Ride to the Wall" was/is fantastic. You're right, this is an unusual remembrance video and that's what so great about it. Pink Floyd and Harley's - great combo. Your photography is spot on - sharp, vivid, bold. Excellent :D .

Greg Gordon

That was one of the best Audio Visual sequences I have seen posted on this site. You must be pleased with that and rightly so.

There are broadly two styles of still image AV. Story based and Image based. This is story based and when you get that right it stands out from the crowd. You got it right.

Howard,

Got myself together after watching your show first time round and would like to add :- super photography, perfect voiceover and music and put together very professionally. In fact I can't see a professional doing any better.

Howard,

I was privileged to have seen your sequence at Wilmslow at the last meeting, and was pleased that you have posted it on this site. It gets better, if that's at all possible, every time I view it. There is so much to learn from skilled practitioners of the art such as yourself.

Regards,

Paul

As a vetern myself I had to compose myself for a few minutes before writing.The NMA is probably my favourite place to visit, having 3 friends named on the wall, and one on the Basra Wall.

Howard, I salute you. This will find a place on my web site, and may I suggest you send this to Beechbrook so that it may be seen globally.

Andrew.

Howard,

A very engaging and moving tribute! Thank you for sharing this with us. Your presentation allows us all to 'Ride to the Wall'. It was beautifully crafted with stirring images, music and commentary. I look forward to your future work. And congratulations on your MPAGB award (http://www.staffs-av.org.uk/News.html). Quite an accomplishment indeed !!

Bill

Here is a direct link to Howard's tribute on Beechbrook - A different take on Remembrance

Well done Howard and congratulations on your "M".

Remembrance Day is not a big thing in this colony. However, with no WW1 survivors at the Cenotaph this year, it is this kind of stunning production that keeps the folly of war in the collective mind. Thank you for that.

Jeff