WnSoft Forums

Odd issue with V 7

Laszlo K

Recently a friend of mine asked me to help him with his project. It included an animation which is simple but V 7 would refuse to do it.

It would be a panoramic image of the surrounding of the pyramids in Egypt.

30 second time set for the image. A pan from left to right for about 10 second were a keypoint was made,from that zoom in to the last pyramid following the angle of the structure at the end another keypoint was made and than go wide to show the panorama.

V7 would ignore all points and would go to panorama from the first keypoint. It seem that the last point will determine the direction.

Today I was making a title simple stuff 8 second duration at 4 second a keypoint was created to hold the title for 4 second than another was placed at the end of the line about 8 second and 90 degree rotation 3D applied and slight zoom to have the title spin off the screen. The result was the title started to spin by the 3D/zoom movement from the first keypoint ignoring the one in the middle.

Oddly enough all this works in V 6.5

Any idea?

I have been working with PTE since V4 and I find this peculiar.

Laszlo

Laszlo,

To ensure that one type of animation is not conflicting with another type of animation, I recommend placing the object to be animated as a child of a series of frames, as follows:

Panning Frame

- Zooming Frame

- - Rotating Frame

- - - 3D Frame

- - - - Object to be animated

Then apply the keyframes to the relevant frame. This helps to keep the effects of the animation separate from one another and also helps during any "debugging" of the animation (in that you can temporarily reset one set of animation to zero if needed). You only need to use the frames that are relevant to your desired animation events; e.g. if there is no Zooming, you can omit the Zooming Frame. However, as the frames are transparent objects that add only minimal additional processing overhead, there is no penalty if always using the full set. And the order of the frames doesn't matter, either: e.g. rotating over zooming over 3D over panning will have the same effect.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter.

I guess for some of the animation I will go back to V 6.5 to simplify things

It is not that I have issues with frames but I think for a title that I was doing it has taken maybe 30 seconds top do but with frames is another story.

In the club with my group I have to make thing simple or they walk.

Laszlo