WnSoft Forums

Replaced movie does not assume new name

orizaba

This didn't happen before, but 1 week ago it started to happen.

In Objects and Animation, using "Properties/Video/Browsing/...", when I replace a movie (PTE converted file) by another movie (PTE converted file as well), name of new file does not show.

Instead, name of old file keeps showing.

However, clicking "File Info", it is in fact the new file.

This happens with a movie in a mask container, files size is 166 MB.

Same replacements made with other files (not movies) inside or outside mask containers, work well.

What can be the problem?

It's the same thing as for the picture file.

If you don't modify the name of the file, PTE will change the name of the file if you change it, and replace the name by the new one (even in a mask).

But if previously you've modified the name of the file (in Common/Name), PTE will keep the name you have written (without doing any change).

Now, I suspect that sometimes PTE don't change the file name, even if you haven't modify anything. I'm not sure.

If you don't modify the name of the file, PTE will change the name of the file if you change it, and replace the name by the new one (even in a mask).

But if previously you've modified the name of the file (in Common/Name), PTE will keep the name you have written (without doing any change).

Now, I suspect that sometimes PTE don't change the file name, even if you haven't modify anything. I'm not sure.

I am sorry but I can not understand first part of your second paragraph.

Anyhow, new file has a new name given by me before the replacement, so PTE should show it after replacement.

a good PTE AV is worth a length discourses

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Problem is: in your third slide, when you say "The picture and the name are changed (Jurana)", in my case picture is changed, but name is not changed.

Yes, I understand, but in the last slide, the name is not changed, because I have previously rename the file (by Abeille).

Even a space added to the name changes everything. Have you do such a change ?

And as I've said before, I suspect PTE to "refuse" to change the name, sometimes, but I'm not sure why... and if this is not my doing (which one ??) !

Yes, I understand, but in the last slide, the name is not changed, because I have previously rename the file (by Abeille).

Never mind the last slide. Problem occurs before that.

Yes, PTE seems to refuse changing the name.

Igor, is that so?

Thanks.

Orizaba,

Where EXACTLY does it not change the name?

I have just tried it and the name is changed in O&A>Properties>Video.

It is changed in O&A>Common>Name

It is changed in the O&A Edit Panel.

However, if the name in O&A> Common> Name is changed before changing the file in O&A >Properties> Video then the name in O&A>Common>Name is shown in the Edit Panel.

DG

I confirm reply of Jean-Cyprien:

I quickly tested PicturesToExe for this situation and everything is working as described above.

I confirm reply of Jean-Cyprien:

I quickly tested PicturesToExe for this situation and everything is working as described above.

I think I didn't myself explained well.

Please see attached picture of O&A (I mixed 2 shows of same O&A):

- Before, I was using "Seq. inicial 08.converted"

- In the meantime I prepared another version and I gave it another name (outside PTE) "Seq. inicial 09.converted"

- Using "O&A Properties Video" I replaced 08 by 09 version

- Inside respective Mask Container version 09 should show (as it always happens with pictures), but it does not show. Instead, version 08 keeps showing (main picture)

- And "Common Name" keeps showing version 8 as well (main picture)

- However, in "Properties Video", it shows version 9 (left side picture)

- And "File Info" confirms that it is version 9 (right side picture)

post-6554-0-19527500-1340639958_thumb.jp

If I follow the steps of your script using two video clips of my own I do not see the behaviour that you see. The name changes as I would expect it to. I am using PTE v7.0.6. Is it possible that having so many dots in the filename is causing this problem? In Windows the dot is usually seen as the separator between the file name and its file extension. Some software products do not behave properly if presented with filenames that include embedded dots before the separator dot.

Orizaba,

PTE seems to refuse changing the name.

You may want to check the video object's Properties tab| Master Video, Single Video, or Link to Video setting? Copying and using the same video object in multiple slides may be the initial cause of your rename issue when trying to replace the file.