WnSoft Forums

strange behaviour of "/" inside a text [SOLVED]

Picsel

I got the problem at my first attempt - but cannot replicate it again!

I added a Text object to a main image of a slide (as a child of the main image) then started to key the text = Abc/////// (I held down the "/" key so that it went into typomatic mode). As soon as I hit the "/" the image appeared to zoom. On investigation, what had happened was an apparent change of aspect ratio from 16:9 to 5:4 or 4:3 (I couldn't be sure which because the contents of all the O&A tabs were blanked out. I was using the field on the O&A Toolbar to change the zoom level. This showed that the image was no longer being displayed at 16:9).

Try as I might, I cannot get a repeat of the problem. Just in case it is a font-related problem: I am using Nyala and running v7.5.8 on Win7.

regards,

Peter

My observation, v7.5.9, Windows 8:

• I drag some image to the slide list.
  • I open O&A
  • I set the size to "Auto"
  • I insert a text object (The word "Text" in Arial shows up.)
  • I add "/" to this text, and the size changes to 100%
  • I reset the size to "Auto" (or to some other value different from 100) and add some characters to the text. In case of "/" there will be the change to 100% again.

Regards,

Xaver

Dave,

I blocked "/" and "*" hotkeys while typing the text. So the behavior would be the same as in versions 7.0.7 or earlier.

Xaver,

You're right, these hotkeys should be in the User Manual. It was our mistake to not include them.

Artem