WnSoft Forums

Updating of the Forum Software [DONE]

Igor

Thanks,

We're working on this small issue right now. This problem also appear in some other places.

I'll install language packs a little later.

Also I'll update the top part of the forum ("WnSoft Forum") and I'll add links to Slideshowclub and Online Help.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just received an email regarding a new post & the link was not at the top of the page as usual, it was halfway down. See attached screenshot. Don't know if this is incorrect or the way its supposed to be now?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-83726400-1393951713_thumb.jp

Dave,

Barry,

It seems that this feature is absent in the new forum software.

I've read the Invision forum and many users asked about this feature.

==============================

Igor,

Along this same line, it seems that the new software does not automatically recognize the postings that we have already read. I seems to always return to the first posting of a topic. So we can apparently manually click on "Mark Community as Read", but before it automatically placed us at the new unread posting without having to keep scrolling down to the new posting.

Nor does it seem to pay attention to "New since my last visit".

Gary

Thanks, Peter!

Gary,

Igor,

Along this same line, it seems that the new software does not automatically recognize the postings that we have already read. I seems to always return to the first posting of a topic. So we can apparently manually click on "Mark Community as Read", but before it automatically placed us at the new unread posting without having to keep scrolling down to the new posting.

Nor does it seem to pay attention to "New since my last visit".

I will test it more time with "New Content".

But it works correctly when I click to topics in the list of forums:

post-1-0-76125800-1394176708_thumb.jpg

Just a few observations that might help anyone who is struggling to adjust to the new forum software.

"Content I have not read" shows those topics that are either new topics that you have not yet read, or old ones that have entries that you have not yet read. These will continue to display until you do read them or "Mark Community Read".

"New since my last visit" shows those topics that are either newly created or have had new posts added since the last time you visited the forum.

For example: For me, right now, Barry's recent post about his March newsletter appears if I choose "Content I have not read" because I have not yet read that topic. But it doesn't appear if I choose "New since my last visit" because it was there the last time I visited.

If, while looking at the hit list of topics, I click on one of the date links over at the right hand side (underneath the poster's userid), I am taken to that specific post (which is, of course, the latest post for that topic). This is exactly the same behaviour as the previous forum software.

If I choose from the left side, "Past 24 hours", topics that I have not yet read are in bold font, those that I have read are in normal font.

regards,

Peter