WnSoft Forums

Replace an audio file linked to a slide.

denisb

Hello,

I want to replace an audio file which is linked to a slide.

In project options, right-click on this audio file to replace it, and choose the new file.

post-12173-0-66103400-1413083934_thumb.jpost-12173-0-63336500-1413083987_thumb.j

The new audio file seems to be linked to the slide (this is written), but it is not linked.

post-12173-0-05717700-1413084039_thumb.j

Denis

I've tested with wav mp3 and ogg

For me, it's like Denis has described : the new audiofile is no longer linked with the view as the previous audiofile was, although the box is still checked and the number of the view still visible.

You have to uncheck the box, to re-check it, and then to write the number of the view.

>> If the audiofile is no longer linked to a view, the box must be automatically unchecked.

Or if the case stay checked, the audiofile must stay linked.

Hey,

I notice that your comment audiofiles are in WAV format.

Convert them to mp3.

I made a sequense with 14 soundtracks. replacing and linking a audiotrack was no problem.

All tracks, music and comments ware mp3.

Greetings

Luc M

Sorry, but for my comments i prefer an uncompressed audio file like WAV format.

And the same problem occurs with mp3 ogg,... audio file.

Denis

Hi Denis,

I confirm this bug. Thank you!

We'll try to fix it and publish an updated version 8.0.

As a temporary solution, please replace a linked audio file in the Slide options window. Or use a command "Audio Comment" -> "Replace Audio File" in the popup menu of a slide.

Thanks jt,

I'm fully aware of why J-C used the "view" word - I was suggesting to him that he might use the "Slide" which is the Standard in the English version.

I happen to agree that the use of "slide" is "old-fashioned" but it has been in use for this application in AV circles for quite a long time.

Hence we have Slide Shows and Audio Visuals and J-C has the Diaporama.

Using "Slide" in the English Forum will ensure a greater understanding across the variety of nationalities represented in the Forum who all try their best to cope with the idiosyncracies of the English Language.

Best wishes,

DG

Hi Denis,

I confirm this bug. Thank you!

We'll try to fix it and publish an updated version 8.0.

As a temporary solution, please replace a linked audio file in the Slide options window. Or use a command "Audio Comment" -> "Replace Audio File" in the popup menu of a slide.

Thanks Igor,

Denis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

I remove 8.07 Beta and install 8.07 and i loose my preferences, toolbars, template for new projects...

I think you should have installed 8.0.7, then removed the beta version, the way you have done it there were no preferences set when you installed the new version because you had deleted the beta version? :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

You need to simply install a new updated version. No need to uninstall previous version or the beta version of the update.

I know for "normal version".

For previous beta version (before stable version), i think it was not the case.

May be i'm wrong.

Denis