WnSoft Forums

Anti-virus False Positive from MalwareBytes [SOLVED]

PGA

I have started getting Anti-virus alerts from Malwarebytes Anti-malware. It even catches the temporary EXE file created by Publish command. The file it has started objecting to is the target of a shortcut on my Windows desktop. As an attempt to circumvent this problem I have added the folder in which the EXE is stored to the Exclusions list and have also turned off the Heuristic engine. These actions have successfully circumvented the problem.

The EXE that I hit the problem on is one that I had used several times already today, in a version that was probably built with PTE v7.5. I had cause to make changes to the project and published a fresh version of the EXE earlier today using v8.0.8. I used that successfully during the early part of the afternoon. After taking a break away from the computer, I came back and tried to run the same EXE and Malwarebytes flagged it as some kind of Trojan and has quarantined it (but I don't know where and can't seem to find out where through Malwarebytes).

regards,

Peter

Igor,

Over 6 hours ago I created an account on the Malwarebytes forum. It said it would take 10 minutes or less for the e-mail to appear telling how to complete the account setup. I'm still waiting. Twice I have logged in directly to my online e-mail service and there is no sign of any e-mail from Malwarebytes. I have checked the SPAM folder and there is nothing in there, either. I would love to report this problem to Malwarebytes but they do not want to talk to me, it would seem. This morning Malwarebytes again quarantined PteViewer.exe, despite my having restored it from the Quarantine area yesterday. You have to admire its persistence!

regards,

Peter