WnSoft Forums

template or create a backup in zip:Error

denisb

Hi,

in a slideshow, the same picture is present in two slides but with the filename aaa.JPG and aaa.jpg. It work well, you can create the slideshow (this is normal for windows and PTE: it is not case sensitive).

But when you want to create a template or create a backup in zip:

post-12173-0-98414200-1422459350_thumb.j

See example below.

Denis

PbZip.zip

Hello Denis

I just can make an assumption on what happens.

1) for PTE as for Windows aaa.JPG and aaa.jpg are two different files (extensions are different)

2) If we consider the .pte file, it seems that it has not been uptaded correctly (in fact both names aaa.JPG and aaa.jpg remain inside this .pte file).

If you replace everywhere inside the .pte file (notepad) .JPG by .jpg everything becomes OK

Why the .pte file has not been updated in accordance with your project?

my assumption (but I can be wrong) is as follows ;

- you have a photo from your camera which is aaa.JPG and then you use it twice in two different slides

- you wanted to edit your photo with a graphical editor software and then comes aaa.jpg

so the question is did you modify the aaa.JPG to aaa.jpg only once or twice? If your answer is only once, then PTE makes its job correctly. In such a case it si normal that the two different names remain inside the the.pte file ( PTE cannot guess that you want to modify all your slides in the same way).

If you modify the aaa.JPG to aaa.jpg each times it appears in a different slide, so in this case there is a problem and I have no answer....

Daniel

1) for PTE as for windows aaa.JPG and aaa.jpg are two different files (extensions are differents)

Hello Daniel,

For Windows and PTE aaa.JPG and aaa.jpg are the same file: In windows OS, the extensions are not case sensitive.

But PTE suppose that files are different only for the template or ZIP backup creation.

Of coarse, in my real project i modify the extension with keyboard.

Denis

But PTE suppose that files are different only for the template or ZIP backup creation.

It seems to me that there is a bug in the routine that compares the paths while creating the zip backup.

Regards,

jt

PS: IMO, this topic should be moved to the section of Troubleshooting.