WnSoft Forums

The Bannack Album

Bert

In September 2009 I was photographing in the preserved (not restored) historic mining town of Bannack in the western USA.

Looking to make a slideshow of my images, I wanted to make a show that somehow connected with the people who had lived there 150 years ago.

When Trailertrash made his Tatty Album available as a template, (Thank You Andrew), I got the right idea but could still not get my head

around how a book and 3D pages work in PTE.

After many frustating attempts, this winter with all the cold and snow and so much time on my hands I finally got it.

The show is called The Bannack Album

Res: 1920x1080.

PC and MAC versions on www.slideshowclub.com

Enjoy,

Bert

Bert,

Very nice sequence, I thought the music set a relaxed pace throughout giving time to enjoy the images. I presume the faces that appear are associated with the particular buildings .

Not knowing the template myself, I thought it was going to show like an album throughout so the change to slideshow was very pleasant and worked well. Lovely images.

I see Gilio asks why not in Mono, I think we are used to seeing old time images in mono and can forget there was colour then. So it is good that places like Bannack survive to let us see the colour of those times.

Maybe a second show in Mono as well.

Snapcam

Gilio and Snapcam,

Thanks for your comments,

Gilio, the idea was to see the virtual album as you would see it in the present time in color. But the old images are in mono of course.

Then kind of let your mind go to the images of Bannack as it looks today in color as a juxtaposition to the old b&w images.

To make it all mono would not have worked I think.

Snapcam, The faces in the show are associated with Bannack, but not especially with the buildings they appear in. It was more an artistic decision to get the

right feeling and also to show some of the woman for whom it must have been a tough live then.

Thanks for watching

Bert

Igor,
I uploaded my show "The Bannack Album" as a EXE and a Mac file.
I see that it can only be downloaded as an EXE file. Did you not get the Mac file.
I send the EXE as an Zip file that I made with PTE.

Should I have zipped the Mac file also before I was sending it.

I have send the Mac file as it appears after I made it in PTE.
How do you want me to send it?

Bert

Hi Bert,

A really well thought out and put together show. I liked the black and white then counterpointed by the colour for present day plus the photography was very good. Hate the mini zooms, I find them so distracting as I seem to watch the edges of the images to see if it is a mini zoom rather than looking at the image itself. Not sure what the point of them is - maybe it's me, I wonder what others think? But thanks for sharing.

Mick,

Thanks for your comments, I always have mini zooms in my shows, I think a small amount of movement makes the show less static and especially with this show where the images where a bit longer on the screen.

Thanks for watching,

Bert

Hi Mur,

Thanks for your comment.

Your tutorial "How to make a Virtual Book" that you published on the forum in December and also a tutorial that I had on disc from Barry Beckham, helped me in

the understanding of the complexities of a 3D book. There are so many things to watch for, that it still took me a long time to get it right even with the

template I had.

Bert

Hi Andrew "Trailertrash"

I am glad you liked it, when you made the template available in 2010 I liked it very much and wanted to use it for a show with Bannack images.

As I said before, I started many times, but could not get a grip on how a book works.

Finally I got it these last months and could make the show.

Thanks again for your template of the Tatty Album.

Bert

I will make it a point Bert....love ghost towns! Been to a couple here in Arizona. Is it really as deserted as your photos show, or did you have to 'dissolve' other visitors? Just curious :)

Dawn,

My wife and I arrived there just an hour before it closed and there was almost nobody. The light was perfect and I rushed to take as many pictures as I could. Unfortunately I never made it to the cemetery on the top of a hill.

Awwww too bad you didn't get to probably the most interesting part of the town. It was great no one got in your way. Stunning time of day to do this shoot.....superb work!