WnSoft Forums

limited number of Images of an animated gif

denisb

Denis, 

It depends on how you add an Animated GIF (as an video object or as an animated image).

Please see my reply on your another question regarding Animated GIFs:
https://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20101-animated-gif/

For a GIF added as an animated image we added a limitation of maximum bitmap size: 6.4 megapixels (6400000 pixels) for all frames. 

For example, if your Animated GIF is 500 x 300 pixels, it can contain only 43 frames (500 x 300 x 34 = 6.4 megapixels).

You can add this Animated GIF as an video object to avoid any limitation.

Hi Igor,

If we assume that one of the objects of the animated gif is to loop so that there really is no specific run time limit and the animation is built using that assumption, then if the animated gif is added as a video, it must be added multiple times to get a result which plays beyond the run time of the number of video frames?  If that is so we need to explain this in the instruction manual.

Best regards,

Lin

2 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

If we assume that one of the objects of the animated gif is to loop so that there really is no specific run time limit and the animation is built using that assumption, then if the animated gif is added as a video, it must be added multiple times to get a result which plays beyond the run time of the number of video frames?  If that is so we need to explain this in the instruction manual.

Lin, please can you explain?

2 hours ago, denisb said:

I suggest (some months ago)  that we can loop a video like animated Gif. It would be  really useful.

Denis,

Yes, we plan this feature once we will use new video decoders.

Hi Igor,

If we load an animated gif, as a gif - it can be used for any length slide and will continue to animated for the duration of that slide whether for 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

If the animated gif is loaded as a video, my assumption is that it will only animate for the specific number of frames in the gif then stop animating.

So, if we want the animated gif to animate for say one minute and the native gif animation is only a few seconds, then when loaded as a video we would necessarily need to load it multiple times and adjust the offset to correspond for the length of the slide in excess of the actual frame time of the video.  Is that correct? 

Let's say I create an animated gif which is composed of 40 frames at 30 frames per second. As an animated gif it would repeat forever but as a video would it not stop animating after slightly longer than one second?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Igor,

O.K., now I understand what you have done, but the implementation is not really working very well IMHO. I created a small test file using an animated Gif that runs for 20 seconds. I duplicated the slide then loaded the identical animated gif as a video. In order to get the same number of repetitions in the video result in the identical time frame, I had to increase the speed of the video by 10%. It runs fairly smoothly under Preview, but when made into an exe file, the video implementation pauses slightly between each iteration. This difference between the smoothness of a preview and the smoothness of an exe file created from the same project is something which I've noticed for a long time, even as far back as PTE 7.0.  

Of course the logical work-around is to create a single slide video of the animation then insert that as the slide formerly holding the animated gif as video. That smooths things out, but it would be interesting to know why there is a marked difference between the preview and the exe created from the same project in terms of smoothness of animation?

Below is a link to the small project - create your own exe and notice the difference in the second slide which begins at 21 seconds..

http://www.lin-evans.org/igor/testasvideo.zip

Best regards,

Lin

18 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

For a GIF added as an animated image we added a limitation of maximum bitmap size: 6.4 megapixels (6400000 pixels) for all frames. 

For example, if your Animated GIF is 500 x 300 pixels, it can contain only 43 frames (500 x 300 x 34 = 6.4 megapixels)

Hi Igor.

The present limitations seems to be 25MP instead of 6.4 as you indicate.

you can check it with the attached files.

http://bga.cga.free.fr/Poste/1703_Mars/Eventing.zip
This GIF countains 63 images.
Eventing.gif has a size of 900*599 pixels. Only 48 images are taken in account by PTE.
Eventing_2.gif has a size of 500*300 pixels. All the 63 images are taken in account by PTE.
For the two files, when I use the drag and drop method, I obtain a video clip correctly played by PTE, with the adapted length for one pass.