WnSoft Forums

PTE Interface not displaying correctly [SOLVED]

AVMalcolm

Just purchased PTE AV Studio 10 as it does not seem possible to upgrade from any of my earlier versions, PTE 4.49, PTE 7.5, even though I was given to understand that there would be free upgrades for life.

I have also been informed that as an RPS AV Group member I should have been entitled to a discount, but I was not made aware of this.

My first task was to change the interface from "Dark" to "Light" and this clearly is not right.  Most of the backgrounds to the menus and the images still have the black and all the icons have a strange pixellated effect.  I attach a screenshot to show what I mean.  This is not fit for purpose.

I have tried to contact Support but my query will not send.

Screenshot (2).png

Hi Malcolm,

Here's a screen shot of my light colour scheme. This should show that the "problem" might be something to do with your set up. No one else has complained AFAIK. It might be helpful to give an idea of your system?

WRT the pricing of PTE any regular member of this forum will tell you that the reasons for this were discussed at length when the new scheme was introduced. A search of the forum will find the explanation. 

WRT to contacting support, can you explain what the apparent problem is - any error messages to say why you cannot contact support?

DG

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.1b3f39ed6ab22e413fbadbac840acd0f.jpg

Hi Malcolm,

Thought you already had a later version than 7.5.
That is so old now & upgrades were stopped for that a long time ago.
The free upgrades were for the life of the product, not your life.

Maybe something went wrong with the installation, I have never had any problems switching to the light interface.

Try uninstalling, re download PTE & install again.

Jill

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for purchasing PTE AV Studio!

I apologize for this technical problem with the interface of the program. I recommend to update drivers for your video card. Check for available updated drivers in the Windows Update panel.

PTE AV Studio uses GPU acceleration for the user interface and it necessary to have a stable work of graphics drivers.

Also let me know about configuration of your computer and installed video card.

If it doesn't help, please do the following:

In the main menu > Settings > Prefereces. Choose System tab. Tick the option "Alternate renderer...". Click OK button and restart the program. It may help.

I have tried to contact Support but my query will not send.

When you send a support request, please don't forget to reply on anti-spam question in the last field. Type "PTE" (3 letters) in that text box.

Just purchased PTE AV Studio 10 as it does not seem possible to upgrade from any of my earlier versions, PTE 4.49, PTE 7.5, even though I was given to understand that there would be free upgrades for life.

I have also been informed that as an RPS AV Group member I should have been entitled to a discount, but I was not made aware of this.

I'm sorry about this situation! PTE AV Studio is a new product, we offer upgrades with discount for customers who purchased PicturesToExe 8.0 or 9.0 on September 2013 or later.

Our prices are much lower than any our competitors. A new competitor introduced prices by a subscription, it means that you'll pay in 10-20 times more than for PTE when you use the program many years.

Another old competitor, Photodex (Proshow) is shutting down today due to problems with sales.

Malcolm,

Thanks for the details. You have a good modern laptop.

What happens if you resize a main window of PTE AV Studio with mouse cursor (I mean adjusting width or height of the window) ?

Then please try to enable this option and let me know about a result:

In the main menu > Settings > Prefereces. Choose System tab. Tick the option "Alternate renderer...". Click OK button and restart the program. 

Hi Igor,

Resizing the main window does not make any difference.

Enabling "Alternate renderer for graphical interface on old laptops" does fix the problem.  So thank you, but I am still mystified as it's not an old laptop.

By the way, I found out why my messages to Support were rejected.  It does not accept png files.  I had to convert them to jpegs.

Malcolm

Malcolm,

I'm glad that "Alternate renderer..." option helped you. This option works only for the main interface of PTE AV Studio.

We'll try to find a similar laptop to see what happens there.

Try to visit Lenovo website and check for available graphics drivers for your laptop.

1 hour ago, AVMalcolm said:

By the way, I found out why my messages to Support were rejected.  It does not accept png files.  I had to convert them to jpegs.

Probably PNG images were too large, current limitation for attachments is 2 MB. I increased it up to 3 MB. Usually that's enough for screenshots.

• Igor changed the title to PTE Interface not displaying correctly [SOLVED]