WnSoft Forums

Pre Sales questions

sanpier

Hi everyone...

I am a former user of Photodex Proshow Producer. Since they have changed and now charge a yearly fee I am in the market for a new slideshow program. I am considering PTE AV Studio Pro.

I do have some questions. I tried contacting WnSoft several times but have not received any response ( most likely due to the pandemic).

Can I burn a slideshow on a DVD to be played on a DVD player for TV viewing?

Does the program have text animations?

Is there a way to obtain extra transitions, slide styles and templates for the program?

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you,

sanpier

1. In PTE you may make a MP4 file (4K or 1920x1080, or any other format) and using MultiAVCHD or any other software you can make a file to burn DVD or Bluray using, for example, Imgburn (free). Please note that MP4 file produced in PTE should deserve  Bluray burn to watch on TV!

2. Text animations, yes, all you can imagine.

3. Extra trnsitions, etc., not obtain but build yourself and keep for future use.

4. PTE is the best! I use it to edit movies which is must more demanding than making slideshows, which I already made lots as well.

Regards,

Jose

Hi Sanpier,
I add some comments to Jose's answer.
There is no ready to use text animations but you can build them.

There is a styles and transitions subforum here where you can find what the community created.
And you can have a look at my website here to see the styles and transitions available.

Wnsoft is really listening to its community and there is even a subforum for suggestions for next versions here

Thedom and Jose...many thanks. I was looking at the PTE AV Studio user guide and found the following:

DVD-Video Disc - Video Builder

• PTE 10 doesn't include VideoBuilder for DVD output by default.
  • For compatibility and for needs of existing users we included VideoBuilder as add-on:
    • In the Main menu > Publish > click DVD-Video disc (Shift+F1) - (not in the Publish button menu)
    • PTE will offer download and install VideoBuilder in one click. It will take 5..20 seconds
    • Now DVD-Video output option will appear in the Publish button menu and in the main menu > Publish

For Players connected to a Television.

Click on Publish and DVD-Video Disc.

Is this addon option still available in PTE 10 Pro?

many thanks for all of your help......

May be this option is still available, I have no idea. But I must say that long time ago I tried it and DVD produced quality was very, very poor. Anyhow, I only burn Bluray discs.

Hi Sanpier

Yes, Videobuilder is an optional free add-on download that is included with the package. 
In terms of quality, you get the expected result that you tend to find from the use of normal DVD players and TVs, but it is all about what you want it for. 
For me, before the lockdown, I was part of a very active Ramblers group, most of whom were quite elderly. On our occasional weeks away, I would collect together lots of photos of the trip and use PT AV Studio to produce a slideshow, which acted as a memory of the trip.
By using Videobuilder (which includes a nice little Menu building option) I am able to produce a DVD and distribute 20 or 30 copies of it to the other walkers. That medium is cheap, although the quality of the result is limited, but it isn’t practical or cost-effective to try for better quality using mp4 and memory sticks, for example.

Regards

wideangle

I am not aware of any video container (avi, mp4,...) that supports a menu structure.

It's possible to add chapter markers to mp4 video but I don't think that PTE 10 has the capability. It was added to suggestions.

Tom

Yes.

Add an image or text object or button for each show you wish to run.

In objects and animation, properties tab, select action on mouse click. Then from the drop down menu select run application or open file and navigate to your chosen show.

If the show is made with the same version of PTE then you can select run slideshow. But it must be the same sub version, eg 10.0.10

Have a try in the trial version.

You need to set the Menu slide to wait for keypress so that it will return to that slide when your show is finished.

Jill