Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

Recommended Posts

Well done Mur.

Two suggestions:

1. I found the title difficult to make out. Maybe make the white thicker or a different font? Different colour maybe, but white should work.


2.  I would prefer to see the lower left flower not be cut off at the bottom. I found it bothersome and distracting - likely because I have had it drilled into me in photography courses to not cut things at the frame edge. If you could move it a bit higher and to the left, I think there is room for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi JRR

Thanks for your opinions, I agree and  will wait for more comments to make a new version.

It is only an exercise  (coronavirus time) and not a project, but needs to improve a lot of synchronization and small position adjustment.

It has about 180 elements

MUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MUR

Title certainly stands out more. Maybe angle it a bit?

The position of the flowers, particularly the one on the left is much better.

I don't remember, in version one,  the plant stem with the flowers standing out as much as it does in version 2. The background is soft and muted, while the stem is sharp. The two don't seem to blend as well as I recall from ver 1. 

I like the way the stem twists a little as the buds open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MUR!
I really liked your flowering effect. This is magical! The idea is great.
What could I suggest for improvement? Firstly, the sharp bases of the buds stand out strongly against the background of the stems. I would make a soft-edged mask for blurring in these areas.
And you can add volume to the flowers. For example, make the front petals with color correction a little darker than the rear. This will make the image more voluminous and real.

Best regards

Aleina

ScreenShot_20200515180824.thumb.png.df3c883993eb0abe3a7ef19d783d6bf5.png

ScreenShot_20200515181728.thumb.jpg.2b4d75acdd044e62058a9b3966938924.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Nice comments, I am going to make them. Thanks for your help in this exercise.

MUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MUR,

The first version was very nice, but the second version is much much nicer.

Bravo. Thanks a lot !

Jean-Cyprien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jean-Cyprien

I am waiting for more comments to improve it, and working in version 3

MUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations, it's a great animation!

I totally agree with Aleina, that's really good ideas. 
To improve your animation, you have to take care of the light and try to reproduce it on the flowers in PTE.

An other suggestion is with the leaves. They are exactly the same color and orientation (only with different rotation).
I suggest to use different color correction + Zoom and Z axis different from on to the other for more diversity.
And I think it's possible to simulate a light shadow of the flowers growing on the leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an other idea for the leaves. For each of them, instead of a single image, you could cut them in two parts int hte middle (along the rib) and put them together with different orientations to give them more "volume".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Thedom

It is very good for me to receive advice from other forum members, that helps me improve my exercises and my future projects.

I am going to use it in a new version.

 

MUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nicely implemented. I particularly like the background being out of  focus and does not "fight" with the subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks

This forum is very important in the technical aspects, but it lacks the feedback on the works that other forums have, which I consider necessary.
Maybe there should be a section where works in progress are placed, for review

MUR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MUR

You are well done! Flowers have acquired the necessary volume, the base of the buds looks neat.
I agree with the suggestions of the Dom's regarding the diversity of the appearance of the leaves, making them slightly different. Size, shift in Z, blur and color correction. And imitate the shade of flowers on the leaves.

And I fully support the idea of creating such a thematic section on the forum.

Aleina.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...