WnSoft Forums

New Visual editor of objects

Igor

Igor:

Number one through seven for me are all the same:

Objects stay in place regardless of the screen resolution.

(But I think you have heard that from me before..... ;);)

Don't forget to take a vacation !!!!

Thx

I second Jim's request. This is probably the most talked about and problematic issue with the otherwise fantastic object editor.

But while you're at it, could you also please consider the following:

#2: ability to input a slide number to advance or go back to, as part of the nav bar.

#3: ability to customize the navigation bar appearance.

#4: ability to preview the objects in the normal preview window

#5: include a thumbnail view of the objects along with each image on the slide list and light-table; alternatively, an indicator next to each image containing embedded objects.

#6: ability to copy and paste objects from one image to another (or several at a time) without having to first open the object editor for each of the destination images.

#7: option for hiding the border on the "button" object.

#8: take the rest of the summer off first. B)

Thanks, Igor, for continuing to consider our lengthy "wish-lists". :):)

When you are moving an object around you can see the X, Y position at the top.

I would like to be able to click on a picture and type in that X, and Y position and

your picture move to that position.

1) Font style stay with the exe when played on different computers.

2) X,Y position entering

3) Seeing the thumbnail marked that it has objects added.

4) When we check a slide not to show image I think it would be nice too if this thumbnail went black.

5) A check box for a Grid just like Safe TV Zone. Image snap to the grid. And Grid is adjustable. We enter the size.

6) rotate object.

7) I would like to be able to change the order of the objects. If I have two or more objects the first one is always behind the second image. I would like to be able to right click and move back or Fwd the object. So a different one is in front of the other.

________

8) When I select a preview size (Top Left) I wish it would keep that selection. Each time I go back I have to reselect the size.

Thank you Igor for continuous PTE improvment,

#1 like JRR and AlRobin request, Objects stay in place but also respect the scale factor in different screen resolution

#2 horizontal and vertical scrolling text and image object during presentation (slide effect )

#3 invisible but sizeable hyperlink spot (ability to click on an original image part)

#4 variable opacity of image object

Igor:

I know I said wish one through seven was for the OBJECTS not to move with varying resolutions. But I just remembered one request I made via the forum a number of months ago...

Can .png files be permitted as image types for OBJECTS.

This would allow the use a feathered image as the image from which to start a show from my single "launch" page that I use for presentations.

Currently I have to make up my launch page with feathered layers from thumbnails and then put invisible .gif files behind them in the OBJECT EDITOR to achieve that look.

.png files would allow me to use a one step process for creating the OBJECTs from which to start a show.

The .png files was the only route that seemed would work when I raised the question a few months a go on the forum.

thx

Hi, Igor, loooooooooooong time no see. :-)

My still number one request...ability to resize images (either type in pixel values/% in properties dialog, or grab picture handles and resize w/mouse.

Very close number two...retain position of objects at different resolutions.

Hope you are very well!

Dana

I agree with Dana, the ability to resize images (either type in pixel values/% in properties dialog, or grab picture handles and resize w/mouse, in object editor, would be very helpful.

Also, to retain position of objects at different resolutions, would be good.

Howard

Animation effects on entry and exit of text would be good - the ability to have text build, scroll, zoom, pan etc.

Also to be able to see what text has been added without having to go into the Object Editor would be good.

My number one wish!!

Dave G

• 2 weeks later...

Igor

I like using PTE as the buttons and navigation for my tutorial CD's so would like to see the resolution issue addressed so that no matter what resolution PC views the show, the buttons and objects stay in place.

I would also like to see the ability to create a hot spot so I could create unique buttons in Photoshop and apply a hotspot to them to run a program, open and image etc.

Barry

No specific suggestions for Visual objects but I like a variation of AlRobin's #2 item listed in his "while you are at it" suggestions:

<#2: ability to input a slide number to advance or go back to, as part of the nav bar.>

I would like to see a "last slide icon" or a "menu icon" in the nav bar that would take me to a slide I could set up as a menu of objects to jump to other slideshows. It would work like the Home icon except it would jump to the last slide in the show.

Thanks for your all ideas!

We're going to realize all these features. However more likely that new Visual editor will be ready after v5.00, i.e. in v5.10 because as we discovered, it might delay final release of v5.00 on additional 2-3 months. So new Visual editor will be main key feature of v5.10

Currently we're continiously working on the new graphical engine (Pan/Zoom/Rotate) to finish it for v5.00 during 4-6 weeks. Also we're rewriting all existing transition effects. So Curling page effect will work very smooth.

Igor:

You continue to tantalize us !!! :D

Glad you are taking the stepping stone approach and doing it piecemeal.

But you still haven't told us where you went on the vacation you were to take !! ;)

I think one-two weeks in August or September :)

Not only I work on v5.00.

My colleague, Aleksey, is working on the most difficult part - base core of the new graphical engine. I never could able to write such difficult formulas, it's just even above of area of high mathematics! You just will see transition circle effect in new version, but inside it really more like complex scientific calculations.

Hi Igor,

Having read all suggestions so far, I hope I'm not too late with mine, I have 5, viz:-

1) Objects + Text + Buttons....Stay in relative place for different Screen Resolutions.

2) Retain Image Size Ratio....for different Screen Resolutions.

3) Ability to call-up 'Transparent Grid Pattern' x 1cm for Text & Button Alignment

4) Ability to create 'Montage' from 'Multiple-Image' imports to Object Editor.

5) Ability to Re-Size JPegs in Object Editor.

* Items 1,2 and 3 are badly needed to correct those problems in the Program ?

* Items 4 and 5 are "New Tools" which would greatly extend the flexibility of the Program.

Brian.Conflow.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonjour Igor

Before asking anything, I made some shows in order to know what would be interesting, and I have now these requests :

1 - Possibility to have several slideshows in the same exe file, but with only one the PTE's motor inside and the capability to read the same picture and sound file by different slideshows inside the exe file.

Each slideshows could be abble to use the objects functions "Run application and exit", "Run application or open file…", the slide function "Run external application" and the Project option "Run application after last slide" to launch the other slideshows inside the exe file (the slideshows beeing call by a name inside the exe file)

2 - Possibility to have another windowed slideshow as object, running inside the first one.

3 - When the processor doesn't work, precalculate the following images and store them in the memory so that they are available for a very fast posting

4 - Possibility to define a zone where the transition would apply. Perhaps that this zone could be other thing that a rectangle

5 - Everywhere (Image, object, Tiled image and customize logo)

Possibility of choosing a transparent issued color for BMP files ("Transparent color" option)

6 - Project Options / Screen / Tiled image :

As for the "Customize logo" possibility to put a gif file with transparent option in order to see the desktop where the picture is transparent

So you could see, for instance, another PTE Slideshow.

Possibility also to start from left, right, center…. As customize logo, but with a "Repeat or not" function

NB If center is chosen, if repeat is not select, the picture is centered, if not, it's four pictures (2 x 2) who are centered

7 - In not synchronized mode, possibility of prohibiting the access to the keys of the keyboard, except the key escape.

8 - In not synchronized mode, possibility to select an option "Infinite duration" in the "Display slide for (sec)" function

9 - For object, in the properties menu, for the action "Go to slide number…", possibility to index automatically the number of the slide, with a $ for instance or a name if it's possible to give a name to a slide.

10 - For object, in the properties menu, possibility to display a shadow for transparent picture (gif or BMP if you include a "Transparent color" option) with option "All the picture" or "Opaque part only"

11 - For "Text" object, in the properties menu, possibility to display a shadow like others objects.

12 - Possibility to use slides after the last one on the time line as non synchronised slide show without the use of background music (an exemple of what I mean is here), in order to put some informations at the end of a slideshow.

Congratulations for your remarkable work

Sorry for my poor english.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I wrote recently, a brand new Visual editor of objects will be included already to v5.00

So all your key suggestions will be realized.

And we've almost realized a lot of new important features concerning animation of objects. It makes possible a number of terrific visual effects.

Although it has many new features, the new Visual editor still easy in use.