WnSoft Forums

After struggling with the latest version containing videos, I have a couple of suggestions.

rosy

Could these be added to the next version, 1 the ability to edit text from the main O&A screen, not just from the side panel where the print is so small it's hard to see. Also, to make the whole programme, more eyesight friendly. I use the dark mode to view the forum & PTE because it's easier on my eyes to see them clearly but again the text is very small. Finally for the video help content to be up-dated to match the current version, BB's 5 minute How To's are ok if you can take them in, a written version in addition would be a good thing, I think, .

Rosy

I bet Jill could do one?

Rosy.

2 hours ago, rosy said:

I bet Jill could do one?

Thanks Rosy, sadly I have little time with running Wilmslow Guild AV Group, various competitions & also being involved with several Video Groups as well as AV.

If you want to make the Text on screen bigger then set your Windows Display to 125% or even 150%

Right Click the Desktop and choose Personalise & then Display.

I have mine set to 125% & I have to use Light Mode as I cannot see the Dark Mode.
Just be aware that sometimes some boxes may not show the full contents when set to a larger display size.

I really struggle with programs such as DaVinci Resolve which is only Dark & has such small Menu sizes that do not go larger even with the increased display size.

Jill

9 hours ago, jkb said:

Thanks Rosy, sadly I have little time with running Wilmslow Guild AV Group, various competitions & also being involved with several Video Groups as well as AV.

If you want to make the Text on screen bigger then set your Windows Display to 125% or even 150%

Right Click the Desktop and choose Personalise & then Display.

I have mine set to 125% & I have to use Light Mode as I cannot see the Dark Mode.
Just be aware that sometimes some boxes may not show the full contents when set to a larger display size.

I really struggle with programs such as DaVinci Resolve which is only Dark & has such small Menu sizes that do not go larger even with the increased display size.

Jill

Thanks Jill,

But I already have my PC monitor set to the maximum for a 26" monitor. 150% according to MS, I had to do that when I got my copies of Elements, see attached SS. Our main problem is, we both have cataracts on both eyes & M has macular retinopathy. She is on the list for surgery on her cataracts, I've been putting it off until the optician says go for it. I have thought of getting a larger monitor but my existing NYama ProLite B2791QSUis already almost filling my workspace.

I don't know if what I suggested re being able to edit text from the main screen possible, but it wouls srely help us.

Rosy.

display.jpg

9 hours ago, Rosemary A said:

I cheat with Barry's tutorials. I have them on a laptop and use my PC to follow along. It helps me a lot to see/hear what the instructions are and have the ability to stop the laptop as I carry out the instructions.

BTW Rosy, I love your Airfryer show.

Rosemary A

Hi Rosemary

Glad you liked the show.

Re BB's 5 minute help videos, I wear 2 hearing aids & have difficulty hearing, unless I turn the volume up enough to annoy the neighbours. I use the YT subtitles, but unfortunately they don't give the correct interpretation of what is being said 30% of the time. So an up to date written version of the PTE Video help files I could print out & study, or have running in the background to refer to as I was constructing my shows.

Sounds like Jill has enough on, you can tell that from the late or early hours she posts her comments.

Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, rosy said:

But I already have my PC monitor set to the maximum for a 26" monitor. 150%

Hi Rosy, looking at your screen grab I see that your Monitor resolution is high 2560x1440, this is one reason your text will be so small.

Try setting it to 1920 x 1080  & your text will be a lot bigger.

If your sight is that bad then I doubt you will see any difference by having the larger resolution.

My eyesight is also bad which is why I never set anything above HD resolution & have my 24 inch monitors set to 1920x1080

I think that new text features are hopefully planned for version 12

Jill

PS I am a night owl which is why I am always up late, but I don't do mornings  :rolleyes:

PPS If you struggle with the small size of the Text box, especially when you have large amounts of Text then try typing your text into a text editor, such as Word.

Set the font size to one you can comfortably see & enter all your text.

You can then just copy & paste from Word directly into the Text box in O&A

JIll

• Like 1

Hi Jill

The reason I set it at that was Adobe Elements Premier which the text was so small, when searching for a solution, I found on an American forum & it works for Elements. The thought of changing resolution for different software would drive me potty, but thanks anyway.

Rosy.

13 minutes ago, jkb said:

PPS If you struggle with the small size of the Text box, especially when you have large amounts of Text then try typing your text into a text editor, such as Word.

Set the font size to one you can comfortably see & enter all your text.

You can then just copy & paste from Word directly into the Text box in O&A

JIll

I do that sometimes but if I get it wrong I have to use the PTE side box to correct it, which is even worse.

Rosy.

1 hour ago, rosy said:

The thought of changing resolution for different software would drive me potty,

No need to change, just leave it at 1920x1080 for everything.
Adobe is a pain as the Menus don't scale up with the Windows size increase - at least not the older versions which I am using.

With a larger desktop resolution you are spreading the same size text over more pixels so it all appears smaller.

Just give it a try at 1920 & then if you find you are not happy switch it back & leave it.

Using a Text Editor, if you get it wrong then you can just copy & paste back to Word, re=edit & then copy & Paste back to PTE.
Saves the frustration of trying to do it all in PTE where you are struggling to see.

Jill

Rosy,

We plan to improve work with text in O&A editor. I understand your request. Currently I didn't find universal solution for text typing, because a text object in PTE can be shows 3D rotated that may complicates the text editing.

Text fonts in the interface of PTE are scalable according setting in Windows Control panel. In other words font size is the same as in other apps. Personally I set 125% and 150% in Windows for all apps, including PTE, on my PCs.

• Like 1

Hi Igor

Just found this on Bing after searching for custom font scale, i'll give it a go later & come back. Rosy. (Under the "Scale and layout" section, click the Advanced scaling settings option. Under the Custom scaling section, specify a custom scaling size between 100 to 500 percent. Quick tip: If you need to make the size of text, apps, and other items just a little bigger, you can try using 110 as the new scaling value.