WnSoft Forums

Extracting audio for re-equalising.

Mike2003

One one of my AV's I want to change the equalisation on my voice over. If my voice track was one continuous track it would be easy. I'd take it back into Audacity and re-equalise the sound and drop it back into PTE, but as a result of editing in PTE my sound track is split into many, many segments and in some cases I have removed words and sentences. As well as altering relative sound levels. Is there any way I can do this without starting again in Audacity and repeating the whole editing process in PTE? 

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to be able to apply the new equalisation to the voice track only. Not the fx or music tracks. Is it possible to export just a specific track, my example the track I use for  the voice over? I have looked and cannot see how.  Tracks.thumb.jpg.0b6146af90a3000e65301928972b79a4.jpg

As for modifying the original track in Audacity, yes I could do that with master voice track but I cannot see how it can then be dropped back into PTE to replace an audio track which has been split into segments as part of the editing process.  

I have attached a screen shot showing how my voice track is split into segments by editing in PTE.

2 hours ago, Mike2003 said:

Is there any way I can do this without starting again in Audacity and repeating the whole editing process in PTE? 

Hi Mike, PTE does not physically edit the File, all changes are virtual.

Simply equalise your existing File in Audacity and save it as the same name. (make a copy first just in case)

Next Time you open PTE it will pick up the new equalised version & all of the edits done in PTE will still apply.

Jill

3 minutes ago, Mike2003 said:

But it still seemed to work my long winded way! 

Yes it will do.

Another way is to rename the Take7a to something like Take7aOld or move it to different folder so that PTE not find it & will say there is a missing file.
You then point it to the replacement File Take8a & it will replace all the files in one go.

Jill