WnSoft Forums

PTE 5 release

steedy

I hope, we have enough reliable and good version 4.47 and we're working on the next major version 5.00

As I know there is no similar slide-show maker products at this moment with ideal Pan/Zoom effects in real-time (except of product with video rendering, DVD for example).

A task to realize Pan/Zoom effects in real-time similar to write "engine" for modern games, like Half-Life 2 or Doom3 which were in development several years.

I know there is ProShow, a very good product, but they're still experiencing problem with stability of motion effects and problem happens even on top-end GeForce 6800. And they're still working on improvement of program. Because it's a very difficult task to realize these effects in real-time on various hardware.

It could be faster, if NVIDIA, ATI, Matrox, Intel didn't add some tricks with optimization which often affect to quality of picture or realiability of the program. It's good for games, but not for slide-show where we need ideal quality and absolute stability. So all our work is continious exploration of ways to find one optimal solution for every part of the task.

At this moment we have internal alpha and can watch slide-show with various effects and we need a very little time to polish some last moments for the beta.

Our mistake - we too earlier announced works on v5.00, we could work on both versions together and there will be no such long waiting. Sorry.

Igor, thank you very much for your anwer.

I agree with you about ProShow problems.

just 2 questions:

- will be v5.00 beta available for public testing?

- in case I will like v5.00 beta, the upgrade from v4.47 to v 5.00 will be free of charge? In this case I could evaluate the possibility to purchase v 4.47 and then wait for final version of v5.00

Regards

:) I am excited for the beta coming up but I have something more important to ask Igor or anyone for that matter. First off, my house is finally on the market to sell and we are getting some bites!! My operation now is in the planning states for this month. The location where we are moving to Arkansas is really remote and has no local internet hook up except 17 miles away and it is long distance but my wifes Aunt does have DSL and I was wondering when the new version is finalized could I download the program to her computer use my key and work that computer or is it possible to copy to a disk and transfer to my win98 computer? On the new version will there be some applications that I can use that will work for my slower computer? I don't really need to be on the net but would like to update from one computer to another.

Harry

I think Harry, that all you are asking is possible and workable. When you get closer and are ready to set it up, give us the specifics of what you need and I'm quite certain the answers will come out real quickly here. Get that surgery out of the way and remember, you are a survivor.

I agree, there is no need to be out of touch while on the road. We've been motoring through the southern US for over 3 weeks now, and through the wonders of "wi-fi" have been able to log on in nearly every town or city we've stopped in overnight. And for free, too!

Most KOA campgrounds offer it, as do city libraries, most motels, and a lot of restaurants and coffee-shops. Web mail, Internet, PTE Forum, - you name it. All accessible on the road if you have a laptop or pc with "wi-fi" capability.

Jpalm, where are you docked now? We're in Tucson. Blue VW "Westfalia" with licence plate "3POD".

We're all waiting excitedly for the launch of version 5

................................. but

Ian has already experienced his

BIG FIVE OH today !

:D:D:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ian !

ian.gif

Happy BD

J :ph34r: G

:huh: Well this is it 3/27, next Monday early am is the operation and I guess I am ready!! My wife and I will drive to Houston, Texas about 90 miles that Monday morning about 5:00 am check into the hospital and by 10:30 it starts. I would have preferred to check in say Sunday to give myself a chance to realize it all but this way it is better for the VA.

Harry :ph34r:

Hi all

First, Fizner, I really wish your intervent will go at best!!

Talking about PTE, I've bought it, so now I'm enjoying and waiting for v5.

I've a question about V5 (excuse me if someone have already reported this information). Will the next release have an audio editor (samewhat Audacity, for example), or I will still have to use and external software?

Thank you

there has been no mention of a sound editor -- p2e stays small so the program will fit on a floppy :)

and is easier on the wallet, 'tho Igor says the price is going up

ken

there has been no mention of a sound editor -- p2e stays small so the program will fit on a floppy :)

and is easier on the wallet, 'tho Igor says the price is going up

ken