WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2

Igor

Text objects will be available in the next beta versions, of course.

With same Pan/Zoom/Rotate effects.

Igor, thank you for your answer.

Will "centre" and "opacity" be avalaible too ? (i know, i'm a P.I.T.A ;).

Don't know if it's a bug but I noticed you can deform the proportion of an object by clicking on the little square between the x and y zoom scale but you can't do it with the mouse. It will keep the aspect ratio.

Would be interesting to do it with the mouse (if the little square is pressed on before, of course).

Will it be avalaible in a next version ?

Thanks.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another question. In order to use the objects and animation editor, there must be an image in the slide listing window. That image can be deleted in the editor window and replaced by another alterntive image. However in the timeline view, the only image available is that in the slide listing window and NOT the images in the objects editor window. Will this be the smae in the final version?

Jeff

Don't know if it's a bug but I noticed you can deform the proportion of an object by clicking on the little square between the x and y zoom scale but you can't do it with the mouse. It will keep the aspect ratio. Would be interesting to do it with the mouse

Hold Shift key pressed and try to resize an object (without proportions).

Jeff,

Global time

Yes, you're right. Because of animation. But I added special button "Set for existing slides". Type as usually new global time and press this button ("Main" tab in Project options). Also newly added slides use this value by default.

Visual editor

Please attach a screenshot to illustrate your question. I'm not sure that I've understood rightly.

This additional space maybe useful to locate some objects outside of the screen before their appearing.

I forgot to asnwer on one recent question.

The button ">" near to Undo button is for Redo function. Undo and Redo - two buttons.

Barry,

No problem :)

We plan to include the next features to beta #3 (probably on this week)

- Synchronized music

- Listing of slides (forward/backward).

- Close on show end.

- "Curling of page" effect (probably).

- Various small improvements in Visual editor.

- Fixing of several bugs.

- Potentially more reliable work of slide-show.

Hold Shift key pressed and try to resize an object (without proportions).

Jeff,

Global time

Yes, you're right. Because of animation. But I added special button "Set for existing slides". Type as usually new global time and press this button ("Main" tab in Project options). Also newly added slides use this value by default.

Visual editor

Please attach a screenshot to illustrate your question. I'm not sure that I've understood rightly.

This additional space maybe useful to locate some objects outside of the screen before their appearing.

I forgot to asnwer on one recent question.

The button ">" near to Undo button is for Redo function. Undo and Redo - two buttons.

Igor,

Thanks for quick replies. Global Time Changes : Yes this solution is great. Just did not see this new facility in Project Options.

Object Editor Screen : Attached are three images. Screen 1 post-1996-1148314151_thumb.jpg shows the object editor screen in the normal position, i.e. in the centre of the screen with the scroll bars centred. Screen 2 image post-1996-1148314179_thumb.jpg shows the picture and background screen rectangle pulled to the top left corner of the screen using "ALT + Drag" as you mentioned in another post. Why might we want to do this? Moving the background screen rectangle to another position in the editor does not seem to have any effect on the preview picture.

Scroll bars : Screen 3 post-1996-1148314193_thumb.jpg shows the same picture as Screen 1 except that the scroll bars have been pulled down and across to their end stops. Presumably the extra space around the basic black screen rectangle which locates the monitor size is to allow for larger images and images to be located outside the screen boundaries and you have just chosen a default size for the amount the screen can be scrolled.

Jeff

Fist off all, thanks Igor and Ken for you answers (even if it's not exactly what I was waiting for ;).

Don't know if it's because of my video card (NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE), but i think I found two display bugs.

In "Project options", I set :

- screen custom ratio = 1,77

- gradient filling (pink to green)

ptebugs01nx.th.jpg

Here are the display bugs :

PTE Bugs #1 and #2

The display bug #1 only appears when the candy "enter" the screen.

The display bug #2 is here all the time.

The bug #3 (something i made wrong ?) is that the candy doesn't disappear from the screen when I preview my show in the main window but it does if I play it in the Objects and Animation window (!?!?).

PTE Bug #3.

Here is my show (including the .EXE and the PTE project with images) - 509 KO :

icon_pa_download.gif

So, what do you think ?

Thanks.

Up... :unsure:

I am not sure to unterstand the problem, but all the objects of one level can be manipulate as a group when you work on the parent, it's what I did in my test.

Y

JPD,

How do you do this, i.e. have two separate objects and then group them so that pans etc apply to both objects in the same way.

Jeff

How do you do this, i.e. have two separate objects and then group them so that pans etc apply to both objects in the same way.

To do it, add a frame, copy the two separate objects, select the frame and paste the objects.

Then delete the two separate objects.

That's it, it's done ! :P

Ken, I envy you being so close to all that desert down there. Have you had any rain yet this spring? When we went through in mid-Feb it was dry as a bone. Needless to say, we were way too early for the flowers. Any bluebonnets out?

I'll have to get your son's coordinates before our next trip down that way, just in case we run into any trouble with the law! B)

Al,

Well, I envy people that live in a cooler climate this time of year...we've already reached 98 F...but Texas is nice in the winter. The bluebonnets came and went in April. We had several inches of rain in April...so it's reasonablly green. Other than the bluebonnets the wildflowers haven't come into there full bloom yet...but it should be getting real colorful in the next few weeks....I hope.

Ken

:D

After having spent a couple of days finding my way around V.5 beta; today I tried putting some music to a short, simple sequence.

When I tried “Preview”, from the main screen, the show played, but, without the music.

However, when I go to the Timeline and “Play”, the music plays normally as the slides progresses.

Is this an idiosyncrasy of the beta version, or, have I missed some nuance?

John

I have had problems with Preview from a given position - the sound track always goes back to the beginning but the vision plays from the position I choose. Most odd ! This makes editing as slow as when the first versions came out!

Peter,

You need to read Igor's initial notes when he introduced this BETA (and perhaps the other 100 or so replies in this thread).

Many original functions do not yet work, including the Synchronised Music track. That will come in Beta#3.

This Beta is purely for evaluation of the PZR facilities.

DaveG

thedom,

Thank you, I reproduced both problems!

1) This green circle will appear on all video cards. In fact last right-bottom pixel becames transparent if you have "Edge antialiasing" option disabled. We'll try to solve it in the next beta-versions.

Solution: in you case it better to add Rectange object which also save memory on video card. Or if you prefer to use image, add more large image.

2) The problem with horizontal line also will happens on all video cards. It's our bug with aspect ratio.

Please read here: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....opic=4413&st=40

We'll fix this bug in beta #3

As temporal solution set another aspect ratio, for example, try 1.7

To do it, add a frame, copy the two separate objects, select the frame and paste the objects.

Then delete the two separate objects.

That's it, it's done ! :P

Thanks Thedom,

That is a useful thing to know if you want to group any collection of objects. I understand it now.

Jeff

Thedom,

Maybe I'm more dense than usual today, but I don't quite get it.

Why would you delete the two objects after copying them to the frame?

I tried copying two objects to a new frame, and all I ended up with were two objects and a frame with no actions selected. Then when I deleted the objects, I ended up with an empty frame with no hitpoints or actions selected. :unsure: ??

Why would you delete the two objects after copying them to the frame?

Because you can not make a direct CUT & PASTE.

You can "only" make a COPY & PASTE.

So, if you don't want the two original separate objects anymore, you have to delete them.

Does it make more sense ? :unsure:

I tried copying two objects to a new frame, and all I ended up with were two objects and a frame with no actions selected.

Then when I deleted the objects, I ended up with an empty frame with no hitpoints or actions selected. :unsure: ??

What do you mean with "no hitpoints or actions selected" ?

May be it's very clear for an english mother tongue but don't forget that I'm a french frogg... :P

Thedom,

Sorry, I must have done something wrong when I tested your suggestion - I wanted to retain all the characteristics of each object copied, and after trying it out again, I see that the new objects do retain all of the "pan", "zoom" and "rotate" characteristics of the original objects. My mistake! Call me an Irish tree-toad! :rolleyes:

And, I understand the reason for deleting the original objects, too, unless, of course, you do still want to keep them alive.

JPD,

Jeff

Sorry to answer so late, but I was on holidays.

If you put an object (Object 1), then select it and put under it two or more objects, these objects will have the Pan/Zoom/Rotate effect of the Object1 but not its opacity parameter.

So this Object1 can be a picture with opacity=0 or a rectangle, always with opacity=0 (if necessary).

If your objects exist, it's possible to create the Object1 with PZR effects, copy and past under Object1 the others objects, then delete the originals objects you have copy.

Just downloaded 5 Beta 2 and tried to open an old show looked fine untill I clicked on the timeline and imediatly got lots of error message dialogs saying "Access Violation at address 0056E62DB IN Apr.exe etc.

If left the program closes. The show has 49 slides but i get more than that in dialog boxes, there is also three sound tracks.

Another thing I notices is a jpeg error message in blue "This jpeg cannotcannot be loaded ...." these are 1px images I use when I want a blank slide and the background is a gradient. I have not had a chance to read all through the postings so i dont know if this is a repeat is so sorry.

In the Objects and animation editor - Properties Tab, what is the function of the check box to select "Main Image". What particular functions does this give the image when this box is checked?

Jeff

In the Objects and animation editor - Properties Tab, what is the function of the check box to select "Main Image". What particular functions does this give the image when this box is checked?

It gives you the ability to choose which image will be displayed in the slide list (in the main window) because PTE doesn't have (yet ? ;) ) the ability to show each object of a slide in this view.

Would be a nice improvement if it could though. May be in v12... :D

In a map I have drawed the travel line we were traveling.

As exemple I was traveling from Madrid to Paris (down to up). In PtE4.48 the line came up smootly when the seccond slide (with line) was presented. In PtE5 you can see claerly that the line will be build up from Paris (top) to Madrid (down).

I was thinking this was because in PtE5 the effect settings will be different but I could not find a change, I use the top one, fade in fade out.

rgds - theo